UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cap Light?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hilltop
UKC Forum Member

Cap Light?

I know everyone has opinion on lights, my question is of the 2 listed....I would like to hear pros and cons from folks that have used these lights, I am going to buy one of the 2 as my next light. I have carried a big dog for years, been very dependable, lacking a little on brightness!

1. Bright eyes Fuzion
2. Superior Hellcat Maxx

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-13-2021 07:01 PM
hilltop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilltop Click here to Send hilltop a Private Message Click Here to Email hilltop Find more posts by hilltop Add hilltop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

HELL CAT PRO

I HAVE THE HELL CAT PRO AND CAN'T IMAGINE NEEDING MORE LIGHT. MINE IS SET UP WITH TWO WHITE WALK LIGHTS AND TWO AMBERS. I REQUESTED IT BE SET UP THAT WAY. THE WALK LIGHTS ARE VERY BRIGHT, IN FACT EXCEPT ON VERY TALL TREES THEY ARE ABOUT ALL I USE. IF NEEDED THE MAIN BEAM WILL LIGHT UP THE TOPS OF THE TALLEST TREES. VERY WELL MADE LIGHT AND I AM WELL PLEASED. CAN'T SPEAK FOR THE BRIGHT EYES.

Old Post 01-13-2021 08:26 PM
MARK RISINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARK RISINGER Click here to Send MARK RISINGER a Private Message Click Here to Email MARK RISINGER Find more posts by MARK RISINGER Add MARK RISINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Fusion is plenty good enough. JMO.

Old Post 01-13-2021 09:11 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wadepardue
UKC Forum Member

Cap Light

You will be Very Pleased with which ever one you choose ...but I choose the bright eye ...

Old Post 01-13-2021 10:24 PM
wadepardue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wadepardue Click here to Send wadepardue a Private Message Click Here to Email wadepardue Find more posts by wadepardue Add wadepardue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hilltop
UKC Forum Member

Lights

Let’s hear about sunspot extreme as well. I may be leaning towards bright eyes, lots of switches and levels....curious if that causes any concerns for failures? Anyone had any problem with durable with bright eyes cap light?

Old Post 01-13-2021 11:23 PM
hilltop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilltop Click here to Send hilltop a Private Message Click Here to Email hilltop Find more posts by hilltop Add hilltop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

I have the hellcat maxx and i cant imagine anything being brighter. I can shine most trees with the walking light on high this time of year. The natural color beam is nice as well on the spot

Old Post 01-13-2021 11:29 PM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Lights

How much usable light do you really need I'm talking about a good walk light with red or amber color and a bright main beam most lights have more than enough usable light I want the walk light to shine down in front of me and around me most new walklights will light up an entire blacktop road. How much usable light do you really need

Old Post 01-14-2021 12:10 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
foothills
UKC Forum Member

Haven’t had my hellcat maxx long, but it’s bright an can’t imagine needing anything brighter. I can say when I called an ordered my lite direct they were nothing but nice an helpful an has a 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty. Fast shipping as well

Old Post 01-14-2021 02:22 AM
foothills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for foothills Click here to Send foothills a Private Message Find more posts by foothills Add foothills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
baker101
UKC Forum Member

I have the bright eyes fusion it's the brightest light I've had but if I hunt hard it is lucky to last all night

Old Post 01-14-2021 06:01 AM
baker101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for baker101 Click here to Send baker101 a Private Message Click Here to Email baker101 Find more posts by baker101 Add baker101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan&Ann
UKC Forum Member

Fusion

I have the Fusion and it went dead on me last night after 3 straight nights without a charge. I love everything about this light. But what is better than the light is the people at Bright eyes. My son dropped his $300 light getting in the truck last year and I accidentally ran over it. I mean smashed it! The battery and the head light. Called bright eyes and was gonna buy a new one and they told me to send it in and they would look at it. Sent it in and got it back 3 weeks later like a brand new light with a $50.00 invoice. You will not go wrong with bright eyes!

Old Post 01-14-2021 12:40 PM
Dan&Ann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan&Ann Click here to Send Dan&Ann a Private Message Find more posts by Dan&Ann Add Dan&Ann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

In my opinion is do a side by side comparison of of both lights. The features like colors, brightest, weight, burn time, operating features ( controls) , price and warranty. Compare all them to see what suits your needs the best. Also look at the company. Like advertising see what is out there and how it is advertised. I always say a good product advertises itself. I use and highly recommend superior lites. Great customer service usa product and has been around for a really long time, made in the USA with great parts.. No special sales gimmicks with Superior Hunting Lites.

Check them out

https://nitehunters.com/collections...-hunting-lights

Old Post 01-15-2021 11:05 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

I've had the Sunspot for about 2 yrs now. It is built well haven't had a single problem with the light it's self. The charger has given me fits from the start. Other than that i'm ok with it. I bought the sunspot because it was one of the few with the dial on the head. The head is small and the helmet is balanced on my head. There is some real junk out there on the market but this light is built right.

Old Post 01-15-2021 04:36 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronman
UKC Forum Member

I have a Sunspot and absolutely love it. Can’t beat the lifetime warranty. I will say most all the light options these days are good. If you call and order directly from Sunspot you talk to the owner.

Old Post 01-16-2021 06:02 AM
Ronman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronman Click here to Send Ronman a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronman Find more posts by Ronman Add Ronman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richard boyd
UKC Forum Member

I love my Brighteyes lights. I have owned 4 of them through the years. They have always took care of any problems I have had with my lights which have been very few. Great people to deal with. You want be disappointed .

Old Post 01-16-2021 01:36 PM
richard boyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richard boyd Click here to Send richard boyd a Private Message Click Here to Email richard boyd Find more posts by richard boyd Add richard boyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeepforkKennels
UKC Forum Member

Check out the new hell cat maxx fde super bright !!!!!!!!!

Old Post 01-17-2021 12:12 PM
DeepforkKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeepforkKennels Click here to Send DeepforkKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email DeepforkKennels Find more posts by DeepforkKennels Add DeepforkKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote