UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best slick handling move you've seen
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Best slick handling move you've seen

What's the best slick handling move you've seen or heard about? Please no names Don't want this tread to go poof. Talking to some guys lately and laughed about what some people will try. Amazing how some rules can be bent to someone's interpretation when a win is in the line.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-25-2020 09:39 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dholland
UKC Forum Member

Not a slick handling move, but just what happened.... Was in a Nite Champion cast in the early 1990's... My dog had -200 and another dog in the cast had +200. Ten minutes to hunt, and the handler of the other dog lets his backup handler take the reins, not that it really mattered. My dog gets 1st strike, and his dog peels off to the side and split-trees... 2nd strike and 1st tree = 200 pts. Then my dog comes treed over where she struck, and i treed her... 1st strike and tree for 225.... The other dog shuts up and comes to my dog's tree -- which has a coon in it -- and takes 200- while I got 225+, winning the cast with 25+... So, I never withdraw a dog when I am within 400 pts. Not slick handling, but some said so.... I just gave the dog the credit for having a coon.... And no, we did not pick up a Nite Champion win, but we did win the cast! UKC hunt....

Old Post 10-25-2020 10:07 PM
dholland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dholland Click here to Send dholland a Private Message Click Here to Email dholland Find more posts by dholland Add dholland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

Pulling dogs off trees has got to be on the list. That takes a low down spinless hair lip sob to do that.

Old Post 10-26-2020 02:28 AM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

Definitely hair lip

Old Post 10-26-2020 03:01 AM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

actually a couple . this one first..guy got scorecard and my dog are the two leading cast. I tree my dog followed by guy with card. He is down on his knee writing in score. I see he is giving himself first tree. Just about time I am ready to protest both dogs move on. I started laughing and said good for ya.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 10-26-2020 03:56 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Hunting at a world hunt and hunting in the rain the scorecard got wet and when it was filled out again the score was changed

Old Post 10-26-2020 04:35 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

Dog was treed deep and everyone was listening. Older Guy turns back to young guy who was winning the cast and says “you gonna tree your dog” guy gets nervous and trees him in. Guy who pressured the young guy laughs and says well you treed my dog, older guy Calls his dog treed, we go in and sure enough it’s the older guys dog and the young guy takes a pump. It was rough to watch...

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 10-26-2020 03:41 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Two dogs barking treed but sounds like they may be in a hole. Handler of dog A trees his dog but handler of B waits because Dog A is going in and out of the hole and can't be heard. Handler of Dog B starts the 2 on A because he can't be heard because B is barking loudly every breath. The 2 gets Dog A and then handler trees Dog B. This puts Dog B winning $1,200 and advancing at S/S.

Old Post 10-26-2020 04:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

On a recut coons sitting everywhere

I strike in for first dog 50 yrds away, just under the min. Other dogs strike in the same spot about 10 seconds later judge tells me if my dog doesn't carry track out I'm minused because I struck in under the min. As his dog gets treed 100 yds away. You can imagine how that went...

Old Post 10-26-2020 04:35 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michael cline
UKC Forum Member

Guy was losing hunt in 3rd place. 5 minutes left in hunt. Judge was the one in 3rd. He notices babbling of the other 3 dogs the entire cast so he drops the last drop where one of his buddies had already hunted knowing he was gonna catch them for babbling. Turn loose, strike,strike,strike. About 3 minutes later here comes all 4 dogs back with 3 taking minus on strike giving the judge the win with 50 plus points. Walker sectional. That was some slick handling. That’s where you get the term win as a team and lose as a team.

Old Post 10-28-2020 09:38 PM
michael cline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for michael cline Click here to Send michael cline a Private Message Click Here to Email michael cline Find more posts by michael cline Add michael cline to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Seen plenty of "guides" dry hole the cast on the last drop with little time left to avoid another dog getting treed. But, I've also seen that backfire too as the best of the best cannot be dry holed.

Was on a cast at the Grand American, guide was a game warden. We had maybe 15 minutes left. I was in 2nd but can't possibly remember the score. We were moving to the last drop and I mentioned to my buddy who didn't comp hunt much that I bet this will be a dry hole, or back home a good ole "rock pile" (mtn rock outcropping). We release and I immediately asked where that smoke smell was coming from. Less than 100 yards to our right was a smoldering select burn all across the forest floor. Fortunately my dog stayed left and out of it, comes treed about 5 minutes too late in a swamp a gator couldn't get through. Guide left us. One dog did have some burns on his pads I was told later. Buddy turned back when we finally made it back to the truck and asked what the heck was that? I said...I guess a south carolina "rock pile".

Old Post 10-29-2020 07:43 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

you are down 25 with 5 minutes left in the hunt your dog gets treed about 1/4 mile to the right the judge says that your dog is on private ground and he can't judge the tree --JUDGE WINS

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 10-29-2020 08:55 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Two dogs left in the cast with maybe 7 or 8 minutes left. Dog A has around 300 minus points and can’t come out of the hole but handler decides to turn loose anyway. Dog B has maybe 50- so just needs a coon to have plus and win the cast. Dog A strikes to the right, runs a short track and comes treed. Less than 5 minutes left in the cast and haven’t heard from dog B. As the hunt time is about to expire Dog B makes one bark, the handler strikes and trees her and she shuts up. Proceed to Dog A who has a possum. Handler of Dog B who is the judge puts the two minutes on his dog. With a minute and a half gone on the two minutes Dog B starts barking treed about 20 yards away from where Dog A had the possum. Dog B has a coon and wins the cast with plus. If the handler of Dog B hadn’t pitched his dog in on the one bark he wouldn’t have bought those extra handful of minutes to give his dog time to tree that coon close by.

Old Post 10-30-2020 05:06 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote