UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > R.f. Dicky
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

R.f. Dicky

is there anyone out there that knows how to get ahold
of rolland dicky any info would be welcomed

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2004 11:12 PM
OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS Click here to Send OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS Find more posts by OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS Add OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ERIC W MUELLER
UKC Forum Member

All i can say is good luck if you do get his phone #. Redtick might know how to get ahold of him.

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:20 AM
ERIC W MUELLER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ERIC W MUELLER Click here to Send ERIC W MUELLER a Private Message Click Here to Email ERIC W MUELLER Find more posts by ERIC W MUELLER Add ERIC W MUELLER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Ferrari
UKC Forum Member

I had RF Dickey phone number at one time. I called him to thank him for all he did for the English Breed.
I was kinda shocked when he told me coonhunting for him was in the past and that he really did not want to talk coonhunting much anymore.
I feel it is a shame becasue he has helped the breed, but he told me that I seemed like a nice person, but he would appreciate if I would not call him and talk dogs. I only called him maybe twice a year.
Still I thanked him for his work for the English Breed.
You can call him, but maybe he has changed.
The Junior dogs and RF Dickey helped the English breed. I wish I could change his mind. and that is one of the reason I tried to call him to get him back in hunting.
Good Luck. RF Dickey seemed like a nice person. but he has lost interest in coonhunting.
JOhn Ferrari

Old Post 03-21-2004 10:09 AM
John Ferrari is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Ferrari Click here to Send John Ferrari a Private Message Click Here to Email John Ferrari Find more posts by John Ferrari Add John Ferrari to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

R.F. Dickey wasn't satisfied until he had the very best coondog in the country and proved it. After it was proven with Junior, Sandy, and Blue Boy Red, he seemed to have lost interest. I have tried to maintain the strain of English R.F. and Hank Horne built but I have always been more interested in breeding good English than competition hunting. I do feel like I have maintained the strain and have a young dog that is being competed with that has all 3 dogs with Timberstar Buck up about as close as you can get these days without a bunch of other stuff being outcrossed into the line. I think R.F. and Hank Horne made a big contribution to the English breed. I hope to maintain the line they started as long as I can breed dogs. I don't know how to contact R.F., I have met him but we never became close friends.

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:03 PM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

rf dicky

thanks for your input i just wonderd if he still hunted or
had dog in the hunts.
it is truly a loss to the english breed !
to r.f dicky god bless and good luck .

Old Post 03-21-2004 05:19 PM
OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS Click here to Send OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS Find more posts by OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS Add OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alabamaredtick
New UKC Forum Member

i dont no his number but he lives down here close to me might be in the phone book

Old Post 03-22-2004 12:46 AM
Alabamaredtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alabamaredtick Click here to Send Alabamaredtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Alabamaredtick Find more posts by Alabamaredtick Add Alabamaredtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alabamaredtick
New UKC Forum Member

he dont have no dogs no more he dont coon hunt or nothin no more wish he did tho all me dogs go back to jr and blue boy red

Old Post 03-22-2004 12:48 AM
Alabamaredtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alabamaredtick Click here to Send Alabamaredtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Alabamaredtick Find more posts by Alabamaredtick Add Alabamaredtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mourningdove
New UKC Forum Member

My father is R.F. Dickey

I found this thread and it really warms my heart to read the thoughts of others on his accomplishments. My father passed away from heart complications on December 19, 2010. He was an avid hunter up to the day he passed away. While he no longer hunted coon dogs, he had several very special quail dogs. He led hunts on a quail reserve he had set up on some leased land. I think everyone that knew and loved him will find peace knowing that he passed away after full weekend of being in the woods, doing what he loved and what he was good at.

Old Post 05-18-2012 06:28 PM
mourningdove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mourningdove Click here to Send mourningdove a Private Message Click Here to Email mourningdove Find more posts by mourningdove Add mourningdove to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

WOW,HATE TO HER THAT R.F.DICKEY IS A NAME I HAVE NONE SINCE I WAS A KID ALONG TIME AGO...HE DID HAVE A BIG IMPACT ON THE ENGLISH BREED...OFTEN WONDERED WHY HE STOPPED COON HUNTING....

Old Post 05-18-2012 08:05 PM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GayleFlowers
UKC Forum Member

Re: My father is R.F. Dickey

quote:
Originally posted by mourningdove
I found this thread and it really warms my heart to read the thoughts of others on his accomplishments. My father passed away from heart complications on December 19, 2010. He was an avid hunter up to the day he passed away. While he no longer hunted coon dogs, he had several very special quail dogs. He led hunts on a quail reserve he had set up on some leased land. I think everyone that knew and loved him will find peace knowing that he passed away after full weekend of being in the woods, doing what he loved and what he was good at.

There is another thread on here some place several comments the thread was Dec. 2010 thought maybe you wanted to do a search for it.

Old Post 05-18-2012 08:49 PM
GayleFlowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GayleFlowers Click here to Send GayleFlowers a Private Message Click Here to Email GayleFlowers Find more posts by GayleFlowers Add GayleFlowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishbuddy
UKC Forum Member

Call Charles Taylor Sr. 251-463-2597 .... I talked to Mr Taylor some 6 or 8 months ago and he said Roland was not doing well .... Mr Taylor used to hunt dogs for Roland and do you guys remember a female named Gray and Taylors Sandy ???? Roland was an avid quail hunter and a great skeet shooter.

Old Post 05-18-2012 08:54 PM
englishbuddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishbuddy Click here to Send englishbuddy a Private Message Find more posts by englishbuddy Add englishbuddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: My father is R.F. Dickey

quote:
Originally posted by GayleFlowers
There is another thread on here some place several comments the thread was Dec. 2010 thought maybe you wanted to do a search for it.

I know the thread you are referring to. It was in the English Classified section,.

I think the forum system deleted it out as after a certain period of time with no responce to a thread, it gets automatically deleted.

Old Post 05-18-2012 08:57 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

I had they opportunity to guide R.F.
when the ACHA World was in Goshen Ind.
mite of been the little world hunt can't remember the yr.

Nonetheless he had 2 capable hounds, that left A benchmark in my mind to
strive for.
Good hounds the type that make things happen.

I seen this thread and it brought back a good memory.
PEACE mourning dove

Old Post 05-18-2012 09:46 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seth isch
UKC Forum Member

rf dickey

HE SHOULD BE IN THE ENGLISH HALL OF FAME!!!! HANDS DOWN... SETH

I MAY HAVE A NICE HOUND FOR SALE FROM TIME TO TIME.

——————————————————
GRNTCH RED RUBY HARDTIME JAKE
GRNTCH PKC CH BIG HOLLOW AWESOME LEXUS
GRNTCH HARDTIME HADDIE
CH PR SANDHILL LITTLE SHEBA
CH PR HIGH VOLTAGE ROCKSY

Old Post 05-19-2012 12:09 AM
seth isch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for seth isch Click here to Send seth isch a Private Message Click Here to Email seth isch Find more posts by seth isch Add seth isch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

Re: rf dickey

quote:
Originally posted by seth isch
HE SHOULD BE IN THE ENGLISH HALL OF FAME!!!! HANDS DOWN... SETH

I THINK MOST WOULD AGREE.....

Old Post 05-19-2012 12:13 AM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nelson Kirkland
UKC Forum Member

Years ago I hunted with PacMan and Dickeys Old Sandy on a pleasure hunt in Northern Indiana. Never in my lifetime have I ever heard 2 dogs with as loud of mouth as those two did. Old Sandy was the loudest female I ever hunted with. PacMan the loudest male. Old Sandy stayed treed well that night. REAL WELL.

Neither dog had any Lipper in them!

I wonder what would cause Mr Dickey to quit?

Old Post 05-19-2012 10:51 PM
Nelson Kirkland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nelson Kirkland Click here to Send Nelson Kirkland a Private Message Find more posts by Nelson Kirkland Add Nelson Kirkland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEE POWELL
UKC Forum Member

There is semen off of Amos now owned by Clyde Miller ((called today and said none for sale)) and Joe semen owned by Eddy Parker.

PR’ DEE’S HARDTIME THUNDER CLOUD
RED CLOUD X SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR

DEE POWELL
509-393-5111 CELL

Last edited by DEE POWELL on 05-20-2012 at 02:51 PM

Old Post 05-19-2012 11:00 PM
DEE POWELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEE POWELL Click here to Send DEE POWELL a Private Message Click Here to Email DEE POWELL Find more posts by DEE POWELL Add DEE POWELL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote