UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ruger Consumer Survey
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Ruger Consumer Survey

Our Title Sponsor, Ruger has asked that we ask our hunting/shooting friends to complete this survey so that they can better serve you. Thanks in advance from Ruger and Yours Truly!
Adios,
Gary

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YXNF267

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-31-2019 05:10 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

I completed it from the link you posted on texasbowhunter. Quick easy survey. I just bought a new stainless Blackhawk in 357 6.5" barrel. Fine piece of steel!!!

Old Post 11-01-2019 01:16 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I bought one of the Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunters in .44 Magnum and mounted a Trijicon RMR on it. I am planning to use it on Axis deer around here and lion as it is easier to carry with a shoulder harness.
My favorite of the Ruger wheel guns is the Single Nine .22 Mag. I love this caliber and use it when calling fox around here. I also have one of the Single 10, .22 rimfire and have plicked with it but not hauled it coon hunting as I am carring the SR 22 with the 4.5" barrel. It is so small and lightweight that you don't know it's on you hip.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 11-01-2019 02:34 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I got a Ruger 1911 for my Birthday. Love it.

Old Post 11-01-2019 03:34 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Ruger

Bought excellent condition Ruger 10/44 Semi Auto.
I know it won't compete with today's Bushmaster 450 or Legend 350

Still a nice well built firearm.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 11-01-2019 04:50 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I like the .44 Mag. The 450 has a little more bounce than I like and I agree that the 350 Legend is going to be pretty popular.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 11-01-2019 08:38 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary Roberson

I bought a RugerSR22 just because of your endorsement, I love it. I must admit that I am a Ruger fan, I own 10 Rugers 7 pistols and 3 rifles. Dave

Old Post 11-01-2019 09:22 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Did you get the 3.5" or 4.5" barrel???? I have both and while I carry the 4.5" barreled pistol, not sure I shoot it any better. When you go single action, I am amazed how good the trigger is. Only thing I would change is the safe as I am used to pushing the safe down to fire rather than push up. I have one of the high tech plastic holsters, can't recall the brand that the pistol fits like a glove. When it's on my belt, I genuinely forget that it is there.
I know my trees aren't as tall as yours but I have very little problem shooting coons out if my potlickers ever made one climb.
Adios,
gary

Old Post 11-01-2019 10:06 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary Roberson

Will check barrel length and advise, I have several guns and have not shot the SR22 yet, but like the look and feel of this gun. I have several target grade 22 pistols better suited for coon hunting. I have a ruger single six stainless steel 22lr and 22 magnum cylinders that's perfect for hunting. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-02-2019 at 06:05 AM

Old Post 11-02-2019 06:02 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

The Single Ten is very similar to the Single Six except it holds 10 rounds. I have one in Stainless and fiber optic sights. Really a nice gun.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 11-02-2019 03:26 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary Roberson

The new Mark Fours are really nice and the take down is a breeze. Guess I am going to have to buy one in the hunter model. I bought the single six because of the 2 cylinders 22 or and 22 magnum, you can't get 2 in the single 10 setup. You are an excellent spokesperson for Ruger, I hope they appreciate you, it's really nice to see an actual hunter giving us the facts about certain guns. I looked at my SR22 and the barrel looks to be the 3.5 inch model. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-03-2019 at 10:11 AM

Old Post 11-02-2019 11:41 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

Lol. I edited the post. Thanks, Dave

Old Post 11-03-2019 10:12 AM
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I ordered the Mark IV Competition. Hopefully have it here before too long and I can give you a report. You are going to be shocked how accurate you will be able to shoot the little SR 22. I carried a Browning Buckmark slabside and did a trigger job on it and in the daylight could shoot jackrabbits 30-50 yards pretty consistently. While I am not be quite as accurate with the SR 22, the size and weight make it a no brainer to carry when coon hunting. I also shoot it better in low light because of the white dots on the sight.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 11-03-2019 03:00 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary Roberson

Thanks for the input, I love the size of the SR22. I look forward to hearing about the new Mark 4 hunter you are getting, I have seen several review videos on this gun, but I want your input as a hunter using it in the field hunting with it. Dave

Old Post 11-03-2019 11:05 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary Roberson

I just seen the new Ruger Wrangle single action 22 pistol, man it looks good cerakote finish in 3 different choice of colors and priced right 249.00 suggested retail with most selling at the 200.00 range. Let me know what you think of these pistols, reviews are good with good accuracy reports. This would be a good hunting choice for small game, especially having a cerakote finish it should hold up to bad weather. Dave

Old Post 11-04-2019 08:32 AM
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I handled them at the NRA Convention but have not fired one. I have three ordered (one of each color). When I get them in, I will post my findings and let you know which color I prefer. I do like their weight and they felt good.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 11-04-2019 02:11 PM