UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > bigtimberkennel
Pages (337): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Hey there you go, get on a ST. Louis drunk might be what the Dr. ordered. Speakin' of work earlier(gut) Mr Beas are you on here yet? If so are you back up at the big city?

Last edited by bigtimberkennel on 06-01-2011 at 10:43 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2011 10:34 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

getting drunk is in the distant past for me.when I drank, I drank enough for everybody...LOL..shot of Crown Royal still aint bad once in awhile..

Old Post 06-01-2011 10:47 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

I heard that------- 2 maybe 3 beer max for me---if I got on a drunk I'd have to get one of them "BLACK PANTHERS" LMAO

Old Post 06-02-2011 12:03 AM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

heard that been trying to stay away from the panthers too...

Old Post 06-02-2011 12:25 AM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rscott
UKC Forum Member

Done mowwing in A C know............ Thats funny they was talking about Coy at work today. How he was a Hogger back in the day, He never talked you into sticken your arm in some hole underwater did he Rex.............T. D. You look cold in that pic you need your beard then not now........

Old Post 06-02-2011 12:31 AM
rscott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rscott Click here to Send rscott a Private Message Find more posts by rscott Add rscott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

Dad taught me to log when I was 7.his dad taught him..got along history of logg'en fish...me and coy did go some..we used run 6 or 8 logs ..that one down there in bob hanleys north bottom was a good one..well all 3 of them down there produced some nice fish..when I was 7, I was a sack stuffer..learned real quick which ones were itch weed ..Ill try another pic. that one of coy didn't stay on my photobucket account for some reason...heres grampaw pink with a 42 pounder when they lived at wrightsville curve..they took the fish down at the kelly hole..[the glory hole gravel pit now]..1945..........aint got no help anymore all those old guys died off I aint took a fish out of a log in ten years or more...

Last edited by Rex W Sims on 06-02-2011 at 12:57 AM

Old Post 06-02-2011 12:46 AM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

I don't get cold no more thank ya, I remember Goob Cooper loggin' adventure he was at John Deere store with an arm that looked like it had went a round with a belt sander!!!!!!!!! He blamed it all on Spotty.

Old Post 06-02-2011 01:00 AM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

He would..goob could eat more fried fish than any man I ever seen,,see if I can find a good pic. of his dad and mine after a day of logg'en...found it..dad of the left Zarley cooper on the right [goobs dad]..that was the last time them two river rats got in the water..I think dad was61 and zarley was 63...hell of day...

Last edited by Rex W Sims on 06-02-2011 at 01:55 AM

Old Post 06-02-2011 01:47 AM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

heres old goob ,he didn't have much of beard back then either..the second fish from the right [32 pounds ] is the one that ate him up...I told him I would take that fish out if he wanted me to..but he insisted that he would do the taking ,cause I took the first two and I wasn't going to cheat him out of all the fun...man did he lose hide that day.....

Old Post 06-02-2011 02:10 AM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

I'm gonna tell Goob I seen his pic. on a wanted poster. Off to work -----they got me runnin' my donkey off today.

Old Post 06-02-2011 08:21 AM
l.lyle
Banned

You fellows in IL got a mighty fine thread going! I would join in but I can say there are no fish in those undercut banks around here. I know because I can stand up in the boat and see all the way to the back of them, and if the water was up I ain't sticking none of my extremities in a hole I can't see in. Well , almost. Enjoying your thread !!

Old Post 06-02-2011 09:37 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Ashmore
UKC Forum Member

Fish in logs

I haven't done that since I was 18 never was real fond of it.

A Touch of chicken somewhere runs in my vein when I can't see what I got hold of. Didn't dare show it with Dad and Uncle Max or you would never had heard of the end of it.

Thats funny I learned same thing about those itch weeds in same bottom ground. Funny isn't Rex that nobody warned us.

My Grandad had a theory when I started blocking holes also that sounded real good when you were a dumb kid and never knew better. Here it is - That if a log is completely underwater nothing can be around it or in it but a fish. Part 2 Turtles and snakes can't bite underwater, now this won at about 7 also was a lot more comforting.

These theories were great for scared kids to get them to do something they were afraid of, worked like a charm since Granddad would not lie....LOL You get older and you realise how do turtles and snakes catch fish!!!

Hard to beat flathead belly meat.

Old Post 06-02-2011 02:31 PM
Jeff Ashmore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Ashmore Click here to Send Jeff Ashmore a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Ashmore Find more posts by Jeff Ashmore Add Jeff Ashmore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

Little Dick and uncle Max were pretty good hands to have in a log[no fear]..and Pearc [spelling ?] wern't bad either..never got to go with dick or Max but know a guy that did..did get to go with Pearc one time when I was about 12 or 14...he was fishing between the bridges over the hill from my house one day when I was down there...He ask me "you Sims Boys ever run that log below the riffle ..I said no ,didn't know it was there...it was that time of year..I said well you know where it is lets run it...Pearc said I ain't getting in unless theres a fish to be had...so we walked down below the riffle and he pointed out where he thought the log was..I peeled off my britches and went to feel around...it was a 2 holer..stuck my hand in the hole and there layed a hand full of eggs..I told Pearc there was a good chance there was a fish home..he had gunny sack and seat cushion he'd been sitting on..he come across to the log and plug a hole and took the other end.he drug out a 22 pounder and I got an 18..I tried to give him both fish [because it was his log]..he would not hear of it ..told me I had to take one or he would throw it back..I relented and took one..everytime I seen him after that he would always ask me if I'd been below the riffle..I'd say no ain't my log to run,I just helped out that day...he would tell me "good boy'

Old Post 06-02-2011 10:15 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Here is Woo with Bigtimber Well Hello Dolly. Will be 4 months old the eleventh of this month

Old Post 06-03-2011 02:32 AM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Here is one for you snapped this today have you ever seen these like this. Bigtimber says we are being invaded by aliens told me to post this. He didn't get home till late and has to get up early again so sacked out about an hour ago. He'll probably be on here in the morning. You guys have some good old pictures on here and windy tales too.

Old Post 06-03-2011 03:08 AM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
You fellows in IL got a mighty fine thread going! I would join in but I can say there are no fish in those undercut banks around here. I know because I can stand up in the boat and see all the way to the back of them, and if the water was up I ain't sticking none of my extremities in a hole I can't see in. Well , almost. Enjoying your thread !!

Join right in ---- always room for one more bull**iter!!!!!!! Off too slave away-------Later

Old Post 06-03-2011 09:26 AM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

check out the invaders on this site... http://www.cicadamania.com
hung a bay window yesterday..going to go finish it up today I guess..you all have a good one...

Old Post 06-03-2011 11:00 AM
Jeff Ashmore
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for story.

Granddad always like teaching and working with kids, especially on hunting and fishing. He was a tough old bird to be so crippled up. Nice Picture Tony. L Lisle join right in buddy anybody else also. Kevin Pruemer has saw the light and joined Bluetick Club, see he might be listening to me judge the dog not its color. Kevin hope to see you at breakfast saturday. Kevin has a nice Blue dog from all the good things I have heard.

Have a good day folks, Jeff

Old Post 06-03-2011 02:21 PM
Jeff Ashmore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Ashmore Click here to Send Jeff Ashmore a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Ashmore Find more posts by Jeff Ashmore Add Jeff Ashmore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

Pearc was a good guy...I'AM ready, going with the tickets on the right..they have AC.....

Old Post 06-03-2011 08:46 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Never been to Cards game, but went to Windy City a few years back (1985) to Cubs game they played Houston Astros got beat, 9-1 when they hit the home run you'd thought they won the world series. After that game we went to solider field to watch the Bears kill I think NY Giants (I was perty drinked up by then) Tickets for both games back then was $60.00 total. I can say I was at old Solider field, and Wrigley field (before lights) Got to see the late great WALTER PAYTON play. Thanks for comment Jeff.

Last edited by bigtimberkennel on 06-04-2011 at 12:27 AM

Old Post 06-04-2011 12:25 AM
rscott
UKC Forum Member

Go Cubs. That sure is nice ballpark over in Luie. Might be at breakfest maybe we'll see what happens tonight. Pups are up and moven round pretty good today. The one that looks like daddy ran to back of box all proud head up try'n to wind a coon LOOK OUT BOY'S............................

Old Post 06-04-2011 12:43 AM
rscott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rscott Click here to Send rscott a Private Message Find more posts by rscott Add rscott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Huntin' tonite?-------- might bit too warm for me after bein' in the hot humid southern IN. heat. Too many hours, and gettin' up from 2:00am to 3:00. But if you can handle it go for it, if I didn't feel so tired I'd get Jeff and go. I may give you a call tomorrow huntin' buddy.---------GOOD LUCK GUT----------

Old Post 06-04-2011 01:34 AM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

How many of you guys have seen a deer with this many drop tines.

Old Post 06-04-2011 02:37 AM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Hey gang, gonna be a hot one today, slept in to get recharged, feel perty good (coarse I'll feel 'bout anything) stay cool today. Did you go last nite Gut? ------ How's the weather down in the Carolina's Lyle?

Old Post 06-04-2011 01:21 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

going to haul the brush up I pulled down at the food plot yesterday while its cool this morning...hope to be done by 11:00 ..going to be to hot for much else after that..

Old Post 06-04-2011 01:45 PM