UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Eukanuba dog food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Eukanuba dog food

I'm switching to Eukanuba, I was impressed watching the opening of the winter classic on YouTube. They want our business, they support hunting with dogs they gave each hunter a bag of snacks as cast were drawn. We have to support allies of the sport

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-15-2020 11:26 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

I agree we need to support the companies that support us. That is why I will feed Purina. They have supported coonhunters since I can remember. Eukanuba decided to show up in 2020. JMO Maybe one day I will try it too, who knows.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 02-15-2020 02:24 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

I will continue to support Purnia, they have been here for the long haul and will still be here when Eukanuba is nothing but a bad memory.

Old Post 02-15-2020 02:52 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I have a friend/partner/business associate whose wife works for a vet. They had some at the vets office and it was ending its USE BY date. He got some and for a week has done nothing but brag on it. He says the dogs love it.

Old Post 02-15-2020 04:19 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I think the eskimos feed it to their sled dogs it’s made with seal meat and whale blubber that’s what I was told.

Tar

Old Post 02-15-2020 05:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I think the eskimos feed it to their sled dogs it’s made with seal meat and whale blubber that’s what I was told.

Tar

they must fly all that seal meat and blubber down to Ohio and Nebraska where the dog food is made.

Old Post 02-15-2020 06:07 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinehillkennels
UKC Forum Member

I may be wrong but I believe that’s what Platinum ch Thousand Dollar Bill has been fed his entire life . I think he’s 10 & still winning them hunts! Maybe some truth to it.

Old Post 02-15-2020 07:51 PM
pinehillkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinehillkennels Click here to Send pinehillkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email pinehillkennels Find more posts by pinehillkennels Add pinehillkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

Believer

Been feeding eukanuba for years. Dogs look and preform great. The only time I need to go to a vet is for rabies shot. It is illegal to do the rabies shot yourself in wisconsin

Old Post 02-15-2020 08:50 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

It may be their first venture into coonhounds but they've been supportive of sporting and hunting dogs for years and years.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-15-2020 09:50 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Nope

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
they must fly all that seal meat and blubber down to Ohio and Nebraska where the dog food is made.

The sled dogs deliver!

Old Post 02-15-2020 11:12 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I ment it as a compliment seal meat and whale blubber is a lot better than what they are putting in some of our dog foods. I was going to look at it while ago but the store I was in didn’t have eukanuba I don’t if I have ever seen any.

Tar

Old Post 02-15-2020 11:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

Even the Eskimo have turned to chicken. Sad but true

Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal (Natural source of Chondroitin Sulfate and Glucosamine), Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Chicken Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Fructooligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Monosodium Phosphate, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Vitamin E Supplement, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract

Old Post 02-16-2020 01:51 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

If I remember correctly eukanuba brand was sold a few years ago. Like any business model the feed formula gets changed to wring out more profits.

Old Post 02-16-2020 04:31 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Even the Eskimo have turned to chicken. Sad but true

I think the more likely explanation is once again tarbaby has verified he is still full of $hit! 😂

That’s what I was told 😉

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 02-16-2020 05:35 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Be careful what you say about TAR! It could get ugly!

Old Post 02-16-2020 05:39 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
I think the more likely explanation is once again tarbaby has verified he is still full of $hit! 😂

That’s what I was told 😉

Vic you shouldn’t have told me then. You didn’t tell me I had to keep it a secret lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-16-2020 05:59 PM
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Black Ash Bawl
Been feeding eukanuba for years. Dogs look and preform great. The only time I need to go to a vet is for rabies shot. It is illegal to do the rabies shot yourself in wisconsin

Are you feeding the eukanuba performance 30/20?

Old Post 02-16-2020 06:35 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

So what exactly has Eukanuba done for us? we know what they done for UKC $$$$$ I didnt see Black Gold at thw W.C. ( NO Triple crown this year) Didn't see my friends from Purina! ( NO Purina race) I LIKE PURINA !! just saying

Old Post 02-17-2020 12:33 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Never tried Eukanuba but glad they stepped up at this time..Not sure what the details about either Black Gold or Purina but I do know how hard it is to get a sponsor for any event these days..Do a facebook poll and watch how many answers you get about any topic then go to a major event and watch what prizes these boys are taking home with them then compare to before mentioned poll. Hope the feed will suit enough people for them to keep interest in our sport.

Old Post 02-17-2020 12:47 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

30/20

I MOSTLY FEED ADULT LARGE BREED AND DURING THE WINTER MONTHS I MIX IN 30/20... FLEET FARM SELLS THE FOOD AND YOU CAN BUY IT ON SALE AND GET 8.00 DOLLARS OFF A BAG.

Old Post 02-17-2020 02:03 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mark V.
So what exactly has Eukanuba done for us? we know what they done for UKC $$$$$ I didnt see Black Gold at thw W.C. ( NO Triple crown this year) Didn't see my friends from Purina! ( NO Purina race) I LIKE PURINA !! just saying

Kinda my thoughts too Mark. Sure missed that little travel size bag of pro plan we got with each entry at the major events too!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 02-17-2020 02:32 AM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Time 29
I agree we need to support the companies that support us. That is why I will feed Purina. They have supported coonhunters since I can remember. Eukanuba decided to show up in 2020. JMO Maybe one day I will try it too, who knows.

I feed and will continue to feed Purina Pro Plan. Fed many other brands through the years, but day in and out, Purina has always been the go to brand when all others fail to keep my hounds looking as I want them to look, and provide the energy they need to do their work. Hands down, and no one can argue, at least those with intelligence, Purina has done more for the "Dog World" than any other company period!! Feed what you will. Its not about sponsorships and money to me, and certainly not to my dog. Its about what I see in my dog's performance and health. Someone mentioned a 10 year old who is still winning on this other stuff. I will give you one for thought. I have a fox hound that is 15, and he will still get about the business. Sure he older and tires out quicker, but that desire to go and having the health to do so is promoted and fueled by PRO PLAN. Why someone could be excited about the new guys handing out treats is beyond me. Purina has been handing out feed for competing hounds in events for years. Guess they didn't notice that. We will see in 5years if the new guys are long haul capable or if they will fall by the wayside like most others have. Purina will still be fueling hounds. Maybe the new guys will be too. Question is what will UKC be promoting? That answer is simple enough to figure out when you look at where they are now.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 02-17-2020 01:23 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
I feed and will continue to feed Purina Pro Plan. Fed many other brands through the years, but day in and out, Purina has always been the go to brand when all others fail to keep my hounds looking as I want them to look, and provide the energy they need to do their work. Hands down, and no one can argue, at least those with intelligence, Purina has done more for the "Dog World" than any other company period!! Feed what you will. Its not about sponsorships and money to me, and certainly not to my dog. Its about what I see in my dog's performance and health. Someone mentioned a 10 year old who is still winning on this other stuff. I will give you one for thought. I have a fox hound that is 15, and he will still get about the business. Sure he older and tires out quicker, but that desire to go and having the health to do so is promoted and fueled by PRO PLAN. Why someone could be excited about the new guys handing out treats is beyond me. Purina has been handing out feed for competing hounds in events for years. Guess they didn't notice that. We will see in 5years if the new guys are long haul capable or if they will fall by the wayside like most others have. Purina will still be fueling hounds. Maybe the new guys will be too. Question is what will UKC be promoting? That answer is simple enough to figure out when you look at where they are now.

Nothing wrong with supporting purina. They have been sponsors for a lot of hound events for years. Eukanuba is now the sponsor for UKC and I’m sure the whole thing has to do with $$$ But, give them a chance. As stated already in this thread eukanuba isn’t new to the sporting dog world.

Old Post 02-18-2020 01:40 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote