UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Yo Allen ?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joey
UKC Forum Member

Well Tar I'm not Allen, but no it doesn't make any sense. Contact your breed rep and start the 25 year long process it takes to get them to vote in a rule change.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-15-2018 03:44 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I know right lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-15-2018 04:01 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

POR FAVOR SENORITA DOS CERVESAS TROPICAL , quédate sediento mis amigos

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 08-15-2018 04:30 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Dave, I can't speak Spanish, but I know what that means.

Old Post 08-15-2018 05:08 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

It's all good , it means 2 beers for my girl, stay thirsty my friends. Thirsty, I was tonight, as me and hunting buddy ventured out coonhunting. Man was it hot, treed one fairly close, but was wet from sweat. I don't drink beer , but would have tonight. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-15-2018 05:23 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Well Tar I'm not Allen, but no it doesn't make any sense. Contact your breed rep and start the 25 year long process it takes to get them to vote in a rule change.

I think ukc needs to drain the swamp build the wall and get some fresh faces in there lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-16-2018 01:02 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Easy on that "wall" thing, you know you can't climb very good! Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:13 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I ain't gotta climb I am on the right side lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:16 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You been hunting any lately? What about the snakes in your area, are you seeing any while hunting? I went the other night and realized how out of shape that I was, short hunt and sweated like a horse. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:38 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I went with Ralph yesterday morning walked about 1 1/2 miles down hill going in uphill coming out we made jelly till 11:00 last night got to mow grass today fair board meeting tonight going with Ralph in the morning I went from doing nothing to more than I can do lol.

I am tired.

Tar

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:49 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

What about snakes? Looking forward to some cooler weather before I really start hunting. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2018 03:53 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Dave, forget the snakes. Go hunting. They're more afraid of you than you are of them. If you don't believe me, try sneaking up on one with a stick to kill it.

Old Post 08-16-2018 05:37 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Shadinc

Lol. I am not afraid of snakes, but I don't want my dogs to get snakebite. We don't have many snakes in my area, few copperhead in the ridges and some timber rattlesnakes in the mountains. I don't hunt the Mountains until it frosts and the rattlesnakes den up. I know Tar has a lot of rattlesnakes in Oklahoma and Texas and was just curious if he had been seeing any while coonhunting. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2018 10:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Ran over 5 rattlers so far haven't seen any in the woods but I ain't looking lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-16-2018 11:22 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Just be careful, it only takes one to put a hurt on man or dog. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2018 11:26 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Dave just how long do you think a rattler would live after biting him?

Old Post 08-17-2018 02:37 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver

Well Sir., I hadn't thought about that before, on second thought I don't believe one would even bite him, Tarrattler. Snakes won't bite each other! LOL. Dave

Old Post 08-17-2018 03:47 AM
Chris.S
UKC Forum Member

Re: Yo Allen ?

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Does these senerioes make sense to you as a coonhunter not the boss of a kc after the judge arrives at the tree ?

1. Dog arrives late at tree a coon seen = minus strike

2. Dog arrives late at tree a possum seen = circle strike
3. Dog arrives late at tree it's slick = circle strike

I all three cases the dog quit track to do these things.

Just wondering lol.

Tar

This make more sense to me....

1. Dog arrives late at tree a coon seen = MINUS STRIKE. 2. Dog arrives late at tree a possum seen = MINUS STRIKE
3. Dog arrives late at tree it's slick = MINUS STRIKE

in every case the dog quit what it was doing, lets go ahead and give it what it deserves.

Old Post 08-22-2018 08:46 PM
Chris.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris.S Click here to Send Chris.S a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris.S Find more posts by Chris.S Add Chris.S to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, Chris and many others. I don't say I disagree with you. What I will say is that each rule was wrote with a purpose to determine the best dog while not penalizing the best dog. They were wrote many years ago and this rule as wrote worked with the PACK HOUND. Most hunted pack hounds back in the 70's. Even some language in a couple rules that clarify the ruling based on if the judge and cast being at the tree or before the dogs get there. Rules were wrote knowing how the pack hound operated and knowing it was too much to ask for a dog to stand the pressure of being away from a tree with several dogs and handlers present. Same reason that the squaller rule was the way it was for many years. No one being allowed to squall if not all the dogs treed. And it being a scratch offense. Lots of good men, both young and old have been sent to the truck for hitting the squaller.

I think these rules are outdated for todays dogs. But the rules are not the problem. Being able to get them changed and people agreeing on the changes are. That is the main thing UKC should address. Lots of our issues are in the hands of the Breed Associations. They over the years have been very slow to make changes.

Old Post 08-22-2018 09:29 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

In years past, the quickest dog in the pack was the "best" dog. Now the most independant dog is the "best" dog. Why did that change?

Old Post 08-22-2018 09:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I think Richard it started in the $$$ hunts first Sombody figured out if they got that first strike and got deep in the country quick even if you treed one behind them by time you pulled off the tree they were treed leash locking you and in ukc you give me a 225+ cast win I will win a lot of hunts.

Tar

Old Post 08-22-2018 10:04 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
In years past, the quickest dog in the pack was the "best" dog. Now the most independant dog is the "best" dog. Why did that change?
Idk but I keep asking myself why we even draw 4 dogs out together anymore?

Old Post 08-23-2018 12:40 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Pam, I asked the same question. Every hunt is like an HTX hunt.

Old Post 08-23-2018 12:56 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

VERY GOOD POINT! 4 DOGS 4 DIFFERENT HUNTS NONE OF THEM WANT TO HUNT TOGETHER SO WHY DO IT?

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 08-23-2018 06:39 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

The last time I checked it only took 1 dog to tree a coon . Back in the day it took a pack so they come up with the idea of drawing out in 4 dog casts. Surely in today's day and age there is really no reason to try an drop 4 dogs in 1 woods

Old Post 08-24-2018 02:23 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote