UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Money, Money, Money
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Money, Money, Money

Oh my goodness, how did increasing entry fees at RQE's and paying out $25,000 affect the UKC World Championship? It didn't seem to increase the overall numbers but it did "seem" to attract quite a few of the PKC hunters. Athough there is really no way to tell for sure if that is true however, while PKC hunters increased UKC hunters decreased.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-21-2019 at 04:05 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 04:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Money, Money, Money

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, how did increasing entry fees at RQE's and paying out $25,000 affect the UKC World Championship? It didn't seem to increase the overall numbers but it did "seem" to attract quite a few of the PKC hunters. Athough there is really no way to tell for sure if that is true however, while PKC hunters increased UKC hunters decreased.

I think you think to much ! Watch the numbers next year !

I went and looked in the mirror while ago I didn’t see no particular kennel club stamped on my butt. I have seen pictures of you trashen also !!

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-21-2019 04:12 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Richard, tar told you they were coming. Money talks. Will be more next year. Better find you a high powered walker dog an back them pretty red females up to . Join the fun. You know it’s weighing heavy on your mind.

Old Post 09-21-2019 04:14 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Money, Money, Money

quote:

I think it will grow and become more prestigious like in the before time. I already feel like it's a bigger deal, I'm also easily impressed

Old Post 09-21-2019 04:26 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Money, Money, Money

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
..... Watch the numbers next year...
...I went and looked in the mirror while ago I didn’t see no particular kennel club stamped on my butt....
Tarbaby

Tarbaby, I watched them this year. We will see how they trend.
You don't have a stamp because you don't hunt in either kennel club's hunts.

I wish that there was a way to keep track of the age of the handlers. Maybe they need a space for the handlers age like they have for the dog's age since we are trying to attract younger handlers. Otherwise How will we know if we have succeeded? Maybe they could have a questionaire/survey for the handlers to fill out and turn in when they confirm at Major Hunts.
1. Age?
2. How many UKC hunts do you hunt in per year?
3. How many PKC hunts do you hunt in per year?
4. Are you handling your own dog?

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Money, Money, Money

quote:
Tarbaby, I watched them this year. We will see how they trend.
You don't have a stamp because you don't hunt in either kennel club's hunts.

I wish that there was a way to keep track of the age of the handlers. Maybe they need a space for the handlers age like they have for the dog's age since we are trying to attract younger handlers. Otherwise How will we know if we have succeeded? Maybe they could have a questionaire/survey for the handlers to fill out and turn in when they confirm at Major Hunts.
1. Age?
2. How many UKC hunts do you hunt in per year?
3. How many PKC hunts do you hunt in per year?
4. Are you handling your own dog?

Do what !! I hunted in 5 last year and won all 5 !! You hunted in a bunch well............. like I said you hunted in a bunch 😂

Some of us don’t have to go to as many to get the same results.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, were they UKC or PKC and what results did you get?

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:59 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Oh my goodness, were they UKC or PKC and what results did you get?

Ukc hunts. Made two different dogs a ntch !!

Anything else you want to know thinking about getting me a red dog so I get preferential treatment hunting at those all red purina hunts not having to compete with the other breeds and getting a free pass to the nationals and stuff.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-21-2019 06:05 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, you are the man. I can't believe that someone didn't hire you to handle their dog in the World this year and win that $10,000. You would have won it all.

Old Post 09-21-2019 06:18 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
....Anything else you want to know thinking about getting me a red dog so I get preferential treatment hunting at those all red purina hunts not having to compete with the other breeds and getting a free pass to the nationals and stuff.
Tarbaby

Tarbaby, there is something else that I want to know. Why do you even care what the Redbones do in the Purina Race? You don't hunt a Redbone. Why do you want to win some of the Redbone's money with a walker? You don't even compete in the walker category. I don't understand why you keep obsessing about the Purina National Hunt. You posted on a thread about money and the participation in the World Hunt and started ranting about the Purina Nationals.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-21-2019 at 06:32 PM

Old Post 09-21-2019 06:30 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tarbaby, there is something else that I want to know. Why do you even care what the Redbones do in the Purina Race? You don't hunt a Redbone. Why do you want to win some of the Redbone's money with a walker? You don't even compete in the walker category. I don't understand why you keep obsessing about the Purina National Hunt. You posted on a thread about money and the participation in the World Hunt and started ranting about the Purina Nationals.

You by getting that free pass are just taking up space a good walker dog could use ! Y’all just go up there and get beat anyways.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-21-2019 06:38 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Richard and Tar sound like a couple old men sitting on rocker arguing back and forth at each other, Just rock on ! sounding good old men. glad I want get to that stage in my life.

Old Post 09-21-2019 06:40 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

First you were sceptical of UKC attracting the PKC hunters, now you say it's at the expense of losing UKC hunters. You are just blabbering, you have no real proof of anything you are saying. Why are you so intent on your agenda of spreading gloom and doom regarding UKC hunts, rule changes, etc? Big surprise, it's not about you, or me, it's what the hunters are asking for and getting that really matters the most. You can rant as long as you choose, your choice. Tar has accepted the facts and is making the best out of it, while you continue to stink up the board with all these negative posts. Tar Said they are coming and they did, 3 of the 4 dogs in the final 4 are those awful PKC dogs that are playing under those awful new rules that are coming to UKC. You probably need to just pleasure hunt, people will still buy those pretty Redbones pups from you, they make good pets, maybe squirrel dogs. Just kidding! Dave

Old Post 09-21-2019 10:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mr. Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
First you were sceptical of UKC attracting the PKC hunters, now you say it's at the expense of losing UKC hunters. You are just blabbering, you have no real proof of anything you are saying. Why are you so intent on your agenda of spreading gloom and doom regarding UKC hunts, rule changes, etc? Big surprise, it's not about you, or me, it's what the hunters are asking for and getting that really matters the most. You can rant as long as you choose, your choice. Tar has accepted the facts and is making the best out of it, while you continue to stink up the board with all these negative posts. Tar Said they are coming and they did, 3 of the 4 dogs in the final 4 are those awful PKC dogs that are playing under those awful new rules that are coming to UKC. You probably need to just pleasure hunt, people will still buy those pretty Redbones pups from you, they make good pets, maybe squirrel dogs. Just kidding! Dave

Oh my goodness, do you really think that it is all right to make such an awful post about me and my dogs and then say, "just kidding" at the end?

Old Post 09-21-2019 11:03 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

You have to over look me, I am just an old has been possum hunter. Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2019 11:12 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote