UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Walker dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SLR
UKC Forum Member

Walker dogs

What line of dogs is producing hounds that don’t stand and bark all the time or pace the kennel with a decent mouth and still have a chance to make a coon dog ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-22-2019 02:50 AM
SLR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLR Click here to Send SLR a Private Message Click Here to Email SLR Find more posts by SLR Add SLR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLR
UKC Forum Member

Walker

I guess nobody has them I figured that was the answer

Old Post 07-24-2019 10:05 PM
SLR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLR Click here to Send SLR a Private Message Click Here to Email SLR Find more posts by SLR Add SLR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Get with Conrad fryer on here get you some of the purest yadkin river you can get. I live in town they do very little if no barking and dookie in the same spot and make enjoyable coon treeing dogs with good mouths.

Tar

Old Post 07-24-2019 10:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Walker

quote:
Originally posted by SLR
I guess nobody has them I figured that was the answer
herehere now. I don't hunt nothing butt.

Old Post 07-24-2019 11:55 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sawyer Hortin
UKC Forum Member

Skuna river blaze and his pups have sense. None of that backyard ignorance, and move a track and get hooked.

Old Post 07-25-2019 01:00 AM
Sawyer Hortin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawyer Hortin Click here to Send Sawyer Hortin a Private Message Find more posts by Sawyer Hortin Add Sawyer Hortin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Walker dogs

quote:
Originally posted by SLR
What line of dogs is producing hounds that don’t stand and bark all the time or pace the kennel with a decent mouth and still have a chance to make a coon dog ?

From what I've seen, Cuz pups don't.

Hector Side pups don't seem to bark very much either. Not unless people pull in the drive way.

Slow Talking Blaze pups don't seem to either. That's about the extent of the non-barkers I've had personal experience with.

But it does help when you hunt any dog pretty hard.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 07-25-2019 01:50 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

I have a skuna river male, he never barks. Not even at feed time. Just the way I like it. Can't stand a barking dog in the kennel.

Old Post 07-25-2019 01:57 AM
150 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 150 Click here to Send 150 a Private Message Click Here to Email 150 Find more posts by 150 Add 150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

The Insane line reproduce complete hounds.

Old Post 07-25-2019 02:06 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

It has been my experience that a dog that is hunted regularly and let out of the kennel tends to bark less. No matter the breed. I currently own a Treeing Walker who probably has as much up close Clover as any dog breathing. I don't think it has anything to do with his pedigree as to his in kennel manners, and more to do with what goes on outside the kennel and how often he gets there.

Oh, and if we are fat, our dog needs more hunting.
My dog does need more hunting.

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 07-25-2019 01:50 PM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

Mine only barks in the pen when I don’t feed them on time lol

Old Post 07-27-2019 06:25 AM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote