UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GrCh GrNtCh Uchtmans Foggy Mtn Blaze
Pages (26): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LUKE SOLMES
Did a turn loose coon for our pup out of blaze and dixie. 1st time ever dun it. Up till now weve just done a few drags with a coon hide and shes run and treed all of them. Turned coon loose where she could see it run off but it went over a hill out of site. Cut her loose and she ran and treed it. Took a short video. She was a little loose around the tree but i was pleased for 6 months old and 1st turn out. Knocked it out to her(another 1st with the gun goin off over her) and she tore right into it. It has been a hard winter here with no coon movement. Took me 3 weeks just to trap this one out of a barn that i new had coons in it. Makes it tuff to work a pup this time of year but the little weve done shes been a natural at. Lookn forward to spring

Luke thanks for the update and the video, she looks real good. I also got a call from a guy in NC last night that bought some out of that cross, he said his are doing great, a couple of them ran and treed with the older dog the 1st night to the woods. So far the pups out of Blaze that are old enough to hunt have started right off. Good luck with your pup and thanks again for the update

Home Of GrCh GrNtCh Uchtman's Foggy Mtn Blaze

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2014 01:42 PM
Shannon Senter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Senter Click here to Send Shannon Senter a Private Message Click Here to Email Shannon Senter Find more posts by Shannon Senter Add Shannon Senter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bo Dotson
UKC Forum Member

She sure sounds good in that video luke, I bred my nitech orrie female to blaze, im gonna get shannon to post a pic of my male i kept from the litter, Good luck with your gyp...

GRCH NITECH HOLLYCREEKS TREESLAMMIN KATIE
HOLLYCREEKS BLU DRUMMER

OWNERS AND HANDLERS
BO DOTSON RYAN LYLE SAM DOTSON
TEAM HOLLYCREEK 276-220-2485

Old Post 01-22-2014 04:51 PM
Bo Dotson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bo Dotson Click here to Send Bo Dotson a Private Message Find more posts by Bo Dotson Add Bo Dotson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LUKE SOLMES
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bo Dotson
She sure sounds good in that video luke, I bred my nitech orrie female to blaze, im gonna get shannon to post a pic of my male i kept from the litter, Good luck with your gyp...

Thanks for the comments. In getting this pup we were looking for something that had some of that extra go power and drive. I felt the potential was high with this cross. Due to her young age and tuff winter its way too early to tell the outcome. But i will say i normaly let pups run loose around here till they take to wanderin off too much, then there penned up and ready to start. This particular pup has been penned since she was around 3 and a half months because at that age she would leave the yard on the run and try to run anything that laid a track. Dont know if it means much but its got me a little excited about her. Between her and wakin up to -22 degrees F this mornin has me wishing for spring!

Old Post 01-22-2014 09:00 PM
LUKE SOLMES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LUKE SOLMES Click here to Send LUKE SOLMES a Private Message Click Here to Email LUKE SOLMES Find more posts by LUKE SOLMES Add LUKE SOLMES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Getting some good reports on Blaze's pups........early starting, loud and independent is what Im hearing. I dont have anything lined up to breed right now, if you have a nice female ready to breed and are interested in Blaze give me a call and we'll do our best to make it happen. Thanks

Old Post 01-23-2014 02:27 PM
Shannon Senter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Senter Click here to Send Shannon Senter a Private Message Click Here to Email Shannon Senter Find more posts by Shannon Senter Add Shannon Senter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Bo Dotson's pup out of Blaze and Orrie.........

HollyCreeks Blazin Bacon

Old Post 01-23-2014 02:40 PM
mtn cry
UKC Forum Member

Dang that is a good looking pup!!

BS Hunting Supply
Fairfield Virginia
We carry full line Superior lights and Mity Max squallers, Big Dog lights, Hammer Time Custom Calls and Sunspot lights!!

Order online at bshuntingsupply.com

Bluetick

GRNTCH GRCH Uchtman’s Foggy Mountain Blaze

Mtn Cry's Weeping Willow

Black and Tans

Mtn Cry's Timber Chaos
Mtn Cry's Duchess of Red Hill

Ntch Stanley's Stylish Mandy R.I.P 1-08-13

Old Post 01-23-2014 05:59 PM
mtn cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mtn cry Click here to Send mtn cry a Private Message Click Here to Email mtn cry Find more posts by mtn cry Add mtn cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mtn cry
Dang that is a good looking pup!!

Thanks Tracy he is sharp, that whole litter is nice

Old Post 01-24-2014 05:20 PM
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

This hound is really producing some nice lookn pups,some of the best I've seen in those pics.congrats and I hope they do well in woods 2,I bet they will.

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 01-25-2014 06:53 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Here's a nice Blaze pup owned by Travis Fowler, Twisted Timber Blazin Bonnie

Old Post 01-25-2014 03:25 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BawlinBlues
This hound is really producing some nice lookn pups,some of the best I've seen in those pics.congrats and I hope they do well in woods 2,I bet they will.

Thanks Coty

Old Post 01-28-2014 06:11 PM
J.Woodfin
UKC Forum Member

Hey Shannon. Did you start Blaze as a pup? How fast did he start treeing? You got me so hopped up on these Jobe dogs I had to get me a little brother to Blaze.

Old Post 01-29-2014 01:45 AM
J.Woodfin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.Woodfin Click here to Send J.Woodfin a Private Message Click Here to Email J.Woodfin Find more posts by J.Woodfin Add J.Woodfin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J.Woodfin
Hey Shannon. Did you start Blaze as a pup? How fast did he start treeing? You got me so hopped up on these Jobe dogs I had to get me a little brother to Blaze.

No a buddy of mine raised him but I hunted with him alot as a pup, he started treeing at 5 mos. He's always acted bout twice his age, never played in the woods as a pup, always wanted to venture off alone. He got off his chain at 7mos and was gone 3 days, found him treed on a big pine next to the lake. He's been a handful, hard to keep up with in these mountains but he has changed his hunting style some now, he's starting to hunt the area better now, not just blowing through there, he will still never come back but he seems to be taking his time more. He's just 3 now but acts more like he's 5 or 6. Im hoping as he settles more in the next couple years that he'll make a "coondog", I dont put that title on many of um but he's got what it takes if I can stay on him. Good luck with your pup, I hope he makes you a good one.

Old Post 01-31-2014 08:08 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Lonesome, owned by Clay Powers, split treed with a coon, 30 yards from another dog last night. He's around 8 months old now and is out of Blaze.

CLICK ON LINK TO WATCH VIDEO....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZQGj8vhIuU

Old Post 02-02-2014 02:41 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Stonewall, another nice male pup out of Blaze, he is owned by Jared Miller of Locust Hill Va.

CLICK ON LINK FOR VIDEO:

http://youtu.be/Ge_1UWfi1ng

Old Post 02-05-2014 01:20 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Shannon

Nice talking with you, I have been considering a couple of different dogs to breed her to for about 1 1/2 years now, but could never get a chance to see them go, owners always seem to be to busy to show them in the woods. I would like to see him in the woods, we will have to try to get something set up soon as the weather will allow us to. Ginger is do to come in soon so I will be in touch, thanks Heikki

Old Post 02-05-2014 02:21 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shannon

quote:
Originally posted by BETHLEHEM BLUES
Nice talking with you, I have been considering a couple of different dogs to breed her to for about 1 1/2 years now, but could never get a chance to see them go, owners always seem to be to busy to show them in the woods. I would like to see him in the woods, we will have to try to get something set up soon as the weather will allow us to. Ginger is do to come in soon so I will be in touch, thanks Heikki

Thanks Heikki it was good talking to you and I hope we can get together, thanks for considering Blaze in your breeding plans, I know your female means alot to you and she sounds nice, I cant help but believe that would be a great cross.

Old Post 02-05-2014 07:04 PM
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

Shannon Senter

Gary called me a couple nights ago just to shoot the bull and talk hounds, told me Heikki had called him and asked what he thought he should breed Ginger to and he told us both that he recommended your Blaze stud, I know Gary well enough that means something to me :-)

Old Post 02-06-2014 12:15 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Shannon

Well I have talked to several people & my mind is made up I'll be headed your way as soon as she is ready, I'll give you a call soon, I have a few more questions. After talking with you & some other people I really think this is gonna be a really good cross, they should compliment each other very well. Blaze sounds like what I been looking for in a stud dog.

Old Post 02-06-2014 02:02 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shannon Senter

quote:
Originally posted by skeeterhawk7
Gary called me a couple nights ago just to shoot the bull and talk hounds, told me Heikki had called him and asked what he thought he should breed Ginger to and he told us both that he recommended your Blaze stud, I know Gary well enough that means something to me :-)

Thank you, I have heard that Gary has recommended Blaze to a few people, that means alot to me and I appreciate it.

Old Post 02-06-2014 04:49 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Well I have talked to several people & my mind is made up I'll be headed your way as soon as she is ready, I'll give you a call soon, I have a few more questions. After talking with you & some other people I really think this is gonna be a really good cross, they should compliment each other very well. Blaze sounds like what I been looking for in a stud dog.

Heikki I appreciate you going with Blaze, I think this should be a great cross. Hope she comes in soon so we can get it done. Take care and I look forward to meeting you.

Old Post 02-08-2014 07:08 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Thunder, Blaze pup owned by Brandon Barton split treed tonight 60 yards from another dog. He's right at 8 months old and is a litter mate to the Lonesome pup that I have a video of on here that was also split. These pups are really turning it on and are doing their own thing.

Click on the link to watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxswptoZR0Q

Old Post 02-09-2014 01:36 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Shannon

I'm really excited to get ginger bred to blaze, I really got my hopes up on this cross he sure looks like he is doing his job on producing nice pups so far. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me about him

Old Post 02-09-2014 03:37 AM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shannon

quote:
I'm really excited to get ginger bred to blaze, I really got my hopes up on this cross he sure looks like he is doing his job on producing nice pups so far. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me about him

No it's my pleasure, I look forward to seeing how this cross turns out

Old Post 02-09-2014 03:54 AM
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

Shannon Senter

Be glad when u and Heikki get Ginger bred as he promised me a female pup awhile back, sure miss Gingers dam ole Honey, she was Goodun I tell u, ask Heikki or any one else that ever hunted with, very accurate, not tree happy and a great track dog, her worst flaw was Hardheaded like most female species ! LOL

Old Post 02-09-2014 05:57 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shannon Senter

quote:
Originally posted by skeeterhawk7
Be glad when u and Heikki get Ginger bred as he promised me a female pup awhile back, sure miss Gingers dam ole Honey, she was Goodun I tell u, ask Heikki or any one else that ever hunted with, very accurate, not tree happy and a great track dog, her worst flaw was Hardheaded like most female species ! LOL

Be glad to see you get one, and I agree on the hardheaded part

Old Post 02-09-2014 08:12 PM