UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > bone pups? (how is your doing ?)
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

bone pups? (how is your doing ?)

i have a bone female that just turned 8 months old. She is a natural treed her first wild coon before 6 months of age. Independent has yet to cover another dog is looking to be by herself and has no problem holding pressure. Loud she has a screaming bawl on track with a drawn out screaming bawl locate and a hard steady chop mouthed tree dog. She is tight on track as of right now but I think it she will open more as she continues to learn the ropes. the only issue I am having is her hunting some times you cut her and she is 500-600yrds quick other times she likes to hang around and go in and out she is always busy though. I hope as kill season comes in she learns to stay gone (or she won't stay here ) but she get better every time out i'd say she has only been hunted 20 times and she has treed about 15 coon up till now she has been getting more consistant she has treed a coon the last four times out. how is every one elses bone pups doing and how are they bred on the bottom? mine is out of a honey creek spider female.

A MAN'S EGO IS A HEAVY LOAD FOR HIS DOG TO HAVE TO CARRY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-25-2013 02:24 AM
Climb or Die is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Climb or Die Click here to Send Climb or Die a Private Message Click Here to Email Climb or Die Find more posts by Climb or Die Add Climb or Die to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

Ive got a male pup out of Bone an John Walkers female shes out of his Bo dog which is out of Bark an her momma is out of Lookin up Jep. Repo just turned 6 mons old he treed his first coon by himself last weekend he spilt treed about 50 yds from the other dogs. Hes got a good bawl mouth on the ground an chop on the tree. Ive hunted him all this week by himself still gotta walk him around alittle hes treed a couple more this week . Hes gonna be independent he dont pay ny attn to the other dogs when hunted with. He seen his 1st cage coon right at 4 mons old went completly crazy over it. Ill try to get a pic on here shortly.

Old Post 10-25-2013 05:13 PM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

u can go to Bone Collector pups in North Miss on the walker sale board to see pics .

Old Post 10-25-2013 06:19 PM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

I have also heard both side of the coin on bone pups I heard some people say that that is one of their traits that they will flat go hunting and then I have heard people say that they have seen a lazy streak in the bone pups and i'm sure a lot has to do with the female that that pup is out of. like I said I sure hope mine gets going cause I absolutely love everything else about her but she will not stay if she is not going to be a hard going hound

Old Post 10-25-2013 10:28 PM
Climb or Die is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Climb or Die Click here to Send Climb or Die a Private Message Click Here to Email Climb or Die Find more posts by Climb or Die Add Climb or Die to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

Re: bone pups? (how is your doing ?)

quote:
Originally posted by Climb or Die
i have a bone female that just turned 8 months old. She is a natural treed her first wild coon before 6 months of age. Independent has yet to cover another dog is looking to be by herself and has no problem holding pressure. Loud she has a screaming bawl on track with a drawn out screaming bawl locate and a hard steady chop mouthed tree dog. She is tight on track as of right now but I think it she will open more as she continues to learn the ropes. the only issue I am having is her hunting some times you cut her and she is 500-600yrds quick other times she likes to hang around and go in and out she is always busy though. I hope as kill season comes in she learns to stay gone (or she won't stay here ) but she get better every time out i'd say she has only been hunted 20 times and she has treed about 15 coon up till now she has been getting more consistant she has treed a coon the last four times out. how is every one elses bone pups doing and how are they bred on the bottom? mine is out of a honey creek spider female.

Sounds like you have an exceptional pup, my bone female was a little slow to get gone when she was young, shes 2 now and gets deep in a hurry,sometimes deeper than she should. At 8 months with 20 nights in the woods you are expecting way to much.

Old Post 10-25-2013 11:01 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

Re: bone pups? (how is your doing ?)

quote:
Originally posted by Climb or Die

So ....... At 8 months you want one to go hunting fairly wide? So when a 8 month old pup(unfinished dog ) is 600 yards in there, you can tell exactly what she's doing? Man I would use this small window of time before she widens out when older to do some training . Right now is the perfect time to find out what she is doing and correct her if need be.

P.s. Sounds like a nice started pup , heard Bone collector is throwing some nice pups and you've got one of then . Good luck with her

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 10-25-2013 11:10 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy
UKC Forum Member

I've been hunting with a buddy who has a 2 year old female off bone, littermate to scalp collector. She impresses me each time I've hunted with her. She has some faults but she has all the makings to finish into a really nice hound.

Old Post 10-25-2013 11:12 PM
brogy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brogy Click here to Send brogy a Private Message Click Here to Email brogy Find more posts by brogy Add brogy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

dwils I guess I may be missing your point what type of training are you referring to I guess to me now that she has proved she can consistently tree coon I would like to see her start hunting harder. she has not offered to run any off game as of yet not that I mind a gamey pup. she has no bad tree problems and seems to line a track out fairly quick. no doubt she is nice pup. I guess I was kinda spoiled I just switch from a line of bluedogs that started super early I had a six month old pup place second in a purina points event at six months old with 850+ points and was not on a tree with another dog all night he also placed in the babystakes and was a pretty broke dog at 8 months old. I just got out of the breed because of all the bs that goes on with the bluetickers. also dwils I like your bear dog and will be trying a pup out of him in the near future. what is your experience with these walker dogs hunting out as pups they hunt kinda close and just continue to hunt harder and harder till at full capacity?

Old Post 10-26-2013 01:15 AM
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you need to go back to them blue dogs if there that impressive.LoL.Most walkers I've seen will do whatever you train them to do.If you want one to drop hunt then drop hunt it with a dog that will.If you want one to walk hunt then just follow it through the woods.Ive heard a lot of good about Boone pups.

Old Post 10-26-2013 02:05 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

bone pups

We just bought a new one 6 wks old and was chasing the house cat around & chewing on it ...the cat has taken refuge in the bedroom lol...hope this is a good sign !
My new pup is out of Bone Collector & Jason O'Brein's GRNITE CH - PKC SILVER CH female Sally . Sally is a coondog , look her up on other KC - most of her $$$$ has been won by his sons who are 10 & 13 . She is being hunted in the Youth World Hunt tonight !
For any of you intesrested in one of these give him a call they are a coondog to coondog cross I bought this little female to eventually cross to my Mafia dog , hoping she turns out !
Jason O'Brien - (417)437-8942

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-26-2013 06:32 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bd2440
UKC Forum Member

I got a female off bone and strangle hold.

This gyp is 14
Months old and treed on a hang up the first night we carried her out at 7 months old. She is right mouth on the ground unless its a hot coon. She has an above average mouth on the tree. She can an will tree her own coon now. She not what I call a wide hunter she will get deep if needed but she hunts her area out first before moving on. shes treed some slicks and will tree a few more but for the most part she when she locks down she has the meat. she has a head full of sense and personality about her. we have had her in 1 Pkc hunt an she won her cast. Plan on having her at the lone star hunt in January.
I be hunted will hill billy bone slayer several tes and liked what I saw. That's why u got a bone pup. I went the with strangle hold cross on bone cause i liked they hold hunted her self.

References on our pup

Jerry don norton
Chuck Weatherford ( trainer of her)
Chance lynch
Lance crump
Elton Savell (made the cross)
shes not the best pup out there by any means but I will put her up against any other dog her age with any shame.

Steve Derryberry owns strangle hold and with enough interest would breed her to bone again. IMO this cross was good all pups are doing the same give or take as our pup according to the info I've told.

bone is making his mark.
And the pups helping him make that mark are coming from good females.
Call or text me anytime. I tell anything i know about the bone pups I've hunted with or the one i own good or bad. 903-262-6630

BRANDON DEMENT
CALL ANYTIME 903-262-6630

Old Post 10-26-2013 08:38 AM
bd2440 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bd2440 Click here to Send bd2440 a Private Message Find more posts by bd2440 Add bd2440 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick borkovich
Banned

bone

I have one out of skuna river angel she is out of fred big squal mouth on the ground big locate and hard tree dog she didn't hunt out very good by herself but has gotten pretty good the more I hunted her very independent and accurate only needs placed to be nt ch she has a home for a long time

Old Post 10-26-2013 02:59 PM
nick borkovich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick borkovich Click here to Send nick borkovich a Private Message Find more posts by nick borkovich Add nick borkovich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

my pup looked pretty common last night but it was her first time with a strange dog. also she had just come out of heat about a week ago and this male dog was still messing with her some. she split treed once on a big circle tree. she also got in there had first strike on a good track but when the other dog came to her she came back to me (I wasn't very happy) the other dog took the track about 100 yrds and treed the coon. oh well I have to remind my self that she is just a puppy.

Old Post 10-26-2013 04:52 PM
kenney Clark
UKC Forum Member

Jay, that whole litter is doing Exceptional. I know cause I cant buy any of them back. 4 out of 4 out of bone and my fly female are all treeing there own coon. I hear one female is a very hard hunter. the other 3 hunt, but not going out real far alone, but will go tree a coon. As they get a little older I see them all making nice dogs. If you have to many concerns with yours and wanna sell her , just let me know. I would buy her !!!.

RIP - GR.NT.CH. , PKC CH. AKC NT.CH. SPIDERMAN SAM.

Contact Kenney Clark - 330-738-3019 CELL- 330-205 3299

Old Post 10-26-2013 08:20 PM
kenney Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenney Clark Click here to Send kenney Clark a Private Message Find more posts by kenney Clark Add kenney Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

flo looked pretty nice tonight right by herself. I took her and my 5 year old son for a couple quick dumps. I hadn't mentioned this before but she seems to be real windy her nose is constanly straight up in the air and if she gets a whiff of something she likes she will go up on her hind legs to test the air. well anyway walking along the trail I planned on cutting her on her nose was straight up. well I cut her and bam she broke hard to the left threw a nasty thicker about 80 yrds ib she opened with a bog bawl almost the same as her locate but she continued to work track opening the most I have heard her open on track. It took her about 4 minutes and 150 yrds of some thick nasty brush and boom she come treed and had a coon up a pecker pole. The next dump she didn't hunt out so great but worked from a 100yrds to 350yrds for a bout 15 minutes but never did get struck so I caught her up and called it a night. I have noticed she seems to be getting more track oriented taking a little harder tracks than what she used to. I think her hunting will come around (atleast I am hoping) all and all i'm really liking this pup

Old Post 10-28-2013 01:51 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

I've got a male and female out of bone and my penny (independence) female. Litter mates to chad wests male mentioned above. They are 6 months old and saw there first coon today (caged). I was very pleased. They both treed well. I knocked it out to them and my male grabbed it by the throat like he knew what he was doing. I'm anxious to start hunting them. Both are super smart, very calm, good natured pups.

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Old Post 10-28-2013 05:36 AM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

ok I am really really starting to like this pup more first drop tonight I dropped her with pretty nice ntch pkc ch English male well we cut them she opened up first with him right behind her they took a hot track out of there and bam she let out a huge locate and started to chopping well the English male trailed around her and got treed about 15yrds from her. she never payed him no mind just treed harder well I figured either they both had a coon or she may have pulled up short cause the English male is really good about having a coon well she had her coon and the English dog was slick. I don't know what happened but that coon managed to fall out of the tree. she also worked a track and got treed on a big den tonight. I try to keep it short and sweet with her. Flo has been naturally independent and pressure means nothing to this pup i'm glad she is opening more and faster on track and she is starting to hunt out better. I rally hope this is that special pup (I am really hard to please) all and all I am super happy with the way she is progressing. lets hear about your bone pups

Old Post 10-30-2013 02:52 AM
chad west
UKC Forum Member

I believe independance is 1 of the many good traits that Bone is putting into his pups Ive been with 3 diff bone pups out of diff females they all seem to have that trait in them. Which I know the female as much to do with it as Bone does.

Old Post 10-30-2013 05:51 PM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

independence is one of the dominate traits Bone seems to be passing on in his pups also the loud mouth. I looked at a lot of Bone pups but chose this one because of the female. I was definetly getting a pup outta bone but the female is also very important to me. what I had heard about bone pups were they had big mouths liked to be alone and were good track dogs I also heard that they were tight on the ground and could have a lazy streak depending on the female. Now the reason I choose a pup out of this female is she was out of honey creek spider and the pups I hunted with out of spider were very consistent coon treers that got their mouth open quick. also spider is out of a harry and abbey cross and the harry pups were known to be hustlers. so by choosing this female my hope was to not take anything away from the independence or mouth but to get one that would open a little more on the ground and one that would get through the country to get under a coon.

Old Post 10-30-2013 06:14 PM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

it is always a crap shoot with pups but you greatly improve your chances if you do your research and find a quality female. Also you have to look at the traits from each hound and decide if these hounds are capable of producing the style of hound you wish to hunt because we all know a dog that suits me may not suit the next man. I've seen first hand a hound that you couldn't give me but the man hunting the dog liked it some much he wouldn't have priced him had I wanted him anyway.

Old Post 10-30-2013 06:19 PM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

well she looked pretty common again last night. first dump she started a track that was a little to much for her couldn't get it lined out so I caught her up and moved. 2nd dropped she worked and older track and got treed slick the funny thing is I competition hunt his woods quite often and I have had probably five or six hounds tree on this tree and it is always slick. its not like this is some huge tree or den or anything like that it is a tree about 8-10 inches around and it bends over out over the edge of a field. Last drop she worked a track and come treed on huge oak with a ton of leaves the way she worked the track and located I truly believe it was there just could find him didn't help my light was dying.

Old Post 10-31-2013 07:36 PM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

here is a video of my pup treed tonight she did an awesome job I thought the area she ran track and eventually treed in wasn't fit for rabbits it was so thick anyway she normally trees harder but she had already been treed about 40 mins when I got to her

Old Post 11-02-2013 02:55 AM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

by the way she went two for two tonight and looked super. she actually looks better by herself than with other dogs at this point its weird but she hunts harder by herself. she also smoked a deer for about 1000yrds I mean she was right on its a$$ till I yelled and she come back.

Old Post 11-02-2013 03:01 AM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

come on boys and girls lets see some of those bone pups and hear a little about them.

Old Post 11-02-2013 04:37 PM
chad west
UKC Forum Member

Aint been hunting much this past week we've had quite a bit of rain an now r 10 day law is in.Sounds like u got a good 1 in the works there John good luck

Old Post 11-02-2013 06:19 PM