UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Is there any coontreers that ant yard barkers?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

barking dog

what really works well for a dog barking! is hunt it! that works well for me. if that don't work than the butt kicking will begin. natural for a dog to bark! pup will bark a lot when tied. after a couple days I will put them in box and switch them back in. quite a bit! try not to hurt. to rough they will get shy! and timid. that's not good. older dog! bark limit collar! if you don't want to bust up side of there head. that works well. jmo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-04-2015 12:29 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shelbabiggs
IF A DOG HAS ANY BRAINS AT ALL YOU TELL HIM TO QUIT HE DON'T, CUT ABOUT A 3 FOOT SWITCH USE IT ON THEM. BET THAT WILL WORK NEVER OWNED A BARK COLLER NEVER WILL. IF SOMEONE STRANGE COMES THEY LET ME KNOW. OR SOMETHINGS OUT THEIR, LEARN THEM TO LOAD, LEARN THEM TO LEAD, LEARN NOT TO BARK WORKS FOR ME.

A dogs brain resets very quickly, so unless you catch the dog in the act of barking, it doesn't always associate the switching with the barking. This is the advantage of a bark collar, it delivers the correction immediately and with impeccable timing. There not perfect but there a far cry better then a good ole fashion but whooping. Typically when a person corrects a dog you need to be with in 3 seconds of the misbehavior or better in the very act. Setting up a dog to misbehave is typically the easiest way to catch them in an act.

Old Post 01-06-2015 11:39 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

It's even more effective if you can catch them before they do it...when they are thinking about it. It's been a while but years ago a gal named Vickie Lamb wrote several articles in the "Coonhound Bloodlines" magazine about the proper and best use of an e-collar. They were good and worth finding those old issues.
The old standby was to dump a dog out on a red hot deer or fox track, let them open and get going on it real good and then push the button to stop 'em. But lately I have been hitting the button as soon as I notice they show any interest at all. It seems to work better and a lesson like that is worth several after-the-fact sessions for getting the job done. Same with barking...if you use a regular collar you can catch them when they first try to whine. Bark collars are the next best thing it hits them as soon as they make a noise at the speed of electricity.

Old Post 01-07-2015 01:06 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote