UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dogtra Collar reliability
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra Collar reliability

Just want to know from you guys, that use Dogtra, do you have any problems with the collars once they are a year or two old?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2020 01:00 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
haymaker32
UKC Forum Member

The light quit on my pathfinder collar after a short while , nothing major, still works like it should . I hear the minis have more problems than the full size collar tho .

Old Post 06-17-2020 03:49 AM
haymaker32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for haymaker32 Click here to Send haymaker32 a Private Message Click Here to Email haymaker32 Find more posts by haymaker32 Add haymaker32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogtra Collar reliability

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Just want to know from you guys, that use Dogtra, do you have any problems with the collars once they are a year or two old?

Around two years use... No issues or problems

Old Post 06-17-2020 04:01 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

I bought mine used over a year ago. No problems what so ever.

Old Post 06-17-2020 07:25 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave01
UKC Forum Member

i am not gonna talk bad about garmin collars but my dogtra collars have out lasted my buddys new garmin collars

Old Post 06-17-2020 06:20 PM
dave01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dave01 Click here to Send dave01 a Private Message Click Here to Email dave01 Find more posts by dave01 Add dave01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I really like my Alpha and the only complaint is having to replace the collars. I have three, only use one or two often and seems like I replace a collar a year. When it was $100 wasn't so bad but now it's $150. I have never used a Dogtra and I'm not sure if I would like how the training part works. Really like the convenient buttons on the Alpha.

Old Post 06-17-2020 06:34 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
haymaker32
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
I really like my Alpha and the only complaint is having to replace the collars. I have three, only use one or two often and seems like I replace a collar a year. When it was $100 wasn't so bad but now it's $150. I have never used a Dogtra and I'm not sure if I would like how the training part works. Really like the convenient buttons on the Alpha.

After using the alpha nothing compares to it , I thought I liked my dogtra enough to sale my alpha....wrong ! I purchased another just weeks after selling it ! The dogtra is super nice in my opinion, but I don’t leave home without my alpha .

Old Post 06-18-2020 05:28 AM
haymaker32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for haymaker32 Click here to Send haymaker32 a Private Message Click Here to Email haymaker32 Find more posts by haymaker32 Add haymaker32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 06-19-2020 01:33 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote