UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > HELP!!! BIG Astro 320 problem
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
longshooter86
New UKC Forum Member

HELP!!! BIG Astro 320 problem

I was hunting the other day, had not even turned the dogs out yet, but my handheld and collars had been on and working fine off rechargeable batteries (yes they are good, even tried new ones) and I decided I would plug into the truck power source...... then it went blank. It will not come back on at all. I have let it sit for a couple days and tried to cut it on again and still nothing with trying the truck power supply and off batteries. I have tried to do a master reset and surprise surprise..... still not even trying to cut on. If anyone can point me towards some idea of what it might be I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-23-2015 11:52 PM
longshooter86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshooter86 Click here to Send longshooter86 a Private Message Find more posts by longshooter86 Add longshooter86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

get hold of bruce conkey at conkey's outdoors he's sharp on these things

Old Post 11-24-2015 12:16 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhosss
UKC Forum Member

YOU HAVE BATTERIES IN RIGHT.Check chip under battery s make sure chip is latch in right.Try That Just Had same problem.

Old Post 11-24-2015 02:47 PM
myhosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhosss Click here to Send myhosss a Private Message Find more posts by myhosss Add myhosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Plug it into your computer and see if it powers up. If it does you should be able to unplug it and it will be ok.

I assume you used a power cord designed for the Astro. Not one from any other gps device even though the plugs may fit.

Here is what scares me. That is the rechargeable batteries. If they were just charged they could have a higher than normal voltage range. That is why it is important to have the astro sent on the proper setting for rechargeable batteries. When you plugged it in there might have been a slight voltage spike and damaged something.

With that said I have seen several not turn on and hooking them to the computer usually jumps start them and you have no more problems.

Old Post 11-24-2015 03:55 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshooter86
New UKC Forum Member

yes I have rechargable batteries in it. I checked them after this happened and they both read 1.24 volts. The Astro has been set for rechargeable batteries as I have been using them for at least a year that was one of the first things I did. I didn't feel like going through a crap load of batteries. And yes the power cord that I plugged it into was for the Astro. Bruce, I have plugged it into my computer with my base camp on it with it opend up and still nothing. is there anything else I can try before I have to send it off to get fixed?

Old Post 11-24-2015 11:00 PM
longshooter86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshooter86 Click here to Send longshooter86 a Private Message Find more posts by longshooter86 Add longshooter86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I think it would be worth the effort to put the setting on alkaline batteries and put two of them in there. Then plug it in and see if it comes on. If not some component apparently went bad. I would just send it back in.

Old Post 11-24-2015 11:30 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshooter86
New UKC Forum Member

well it looks like I will be sending it off to some one who can fix it. Thanks everyone for your response and suggestions.

Old Post 11-25-2015 12:35 AM