UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Eli Stone
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Eli Stone

Just was wondering if anyone has hunted with him, or with a pup out of him? Good and bad?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-03-2015 11:34 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: Eli Stone

quote:
Originally posted by Fisher13
Just was wondering if anyone has hunted with him, or with a pup out of him? Good and bad?

I've have have drew him about 4 times. COONDAWG. Has coons. Loner. Super treedog. Big moter. I drew him one night he had a off night and left a couple trees but still treed a coon. I don't hunt walkers anymore but he's about as nice of a outfit as you will see. Heath and Scott are as fine as people as you will meet to. What I'm saying is he's not perfect but about as close as you will find.

Old Post 08-03-2015 11:55 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

I have been lucky enough to never draw Eli, but Jed Finley is one of the few people I believe when he says a dog is the right kind, and he had nothing but good things to say about him.

Old Post 08-04-2015 12:17 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

I have a nice female that goes back to Fred. Her mother looked exactly like stone. With stone being out of bark, I think it would make a nice a cross. Not to tight but not a complete outcross either.

Old Post 08-04-2015 12:57 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

I'm hesitant to breed back to anything that goes back to Fred because I don't want to double down a fault I know that comes with that line.

Old Post 08-04-2015 01:01 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Fisher13
I'm hesitant to breed back to anything that goes back to Fred because I don't want to double down a fault I know that comes with that line.

What fault is that?

Old Post 08-04-2015 01:37 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wadepardue
UKC Forum Member

fault

The fault is they TREE COONS and you can't sit on the tail gate and drink beer all night...

Old Post 08-04-2015 03:19 AM
wadepardue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wadepardue Click here to Send wadepardue a Private Message Click Here to Email wadepardue Find more posts by wadepardue Add wadepardue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bmoss
UKC Forum Member

If your hesitant to breed to him or any other dog then don't but you don't have to get on here and act like you know somethin that everybody else don't. Find you somethin else to breed to that don't have a fault and if I was Heath I wouldnt let you breed if you offered $1000 for the stud fee. That line of dogs have won more money than you can carry

Old Post 08-04-2015 03:37 AM
bmoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bmoss Click here to Send bmoss a Private Message Find more posts by bmoss Add bmoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DylanHovey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bmoss
If your hesitant to breed to him or any other dog then don't but you don't have to get on here and act like you know somethin that everybody else don't. Find you somethin else to breed to that don't have a fault and if I was Heath I wouldnt let you breed if you offered $1000 for the stud fee. That line of dogs have won more money than you can carry

AMEN

Good: Unsnap him, shine tree, look at coon. Repeat.

Bad: When you draw him

Last edited by DylanHovey on 08-04-2015 at 04:36 AM

Old Post 08-04-2015 04:22 AM
DylanHovey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DylanHovey Click here to Send DylanHovey a Private Message Click Here to Email DylanHovey Find more posts by DylanHovey Add DylanHovey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrew Jones
UKC Forum Member

One word describes Eli. COONDAWWWWG!! I hunt with him almost every night. If you want to know something call or text me. And I'm sure anyone else that's hunted with him will say the same. He is a get gone, get treed, have the meat, no nonsense kinda dog

GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Tree Slammin Magnum(Grnitech Tree Slammin Hammer x Grnitech Grch Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX)
~2016 PKC Winter Classic Cast Winner

Old Post 08-04-2015 06:08 AM
Andrew Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrew Jones Click here to Send Andrew Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Andrew Jones Find more posts by Andrew Jones Add Andrew Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
What fault is that?

In my experience Fred dogs can stand on there head pretty bad. Not every coon, but certain off nights or whatever. I was told Fred had a nick name stand on his head fred. I have seen it in my female, and talk to others familiar with the line. Don't get me wrong she is a coon dog, and trees coon very quickly most of the time.
From what I understand bark was a more balanced hound, and was a much faster track dog. So common sense would tell me it would be better to cross back to bark then back to fred.

Last edited by Fisher13 on 08-04-2015 at 10:58 AM

Old Post 08-04-2015 10:50 AM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bmoss

I wasn't talking about stone you dope. Read my post, I said I don't want to breed back to fred, because my female is out of fred and I don't want to double down on a fault that I know that line has. Stone goes back to bark, If you knew anything about the line you wouldn't be offended. Anyone that knows fred dogs knows they have this fault. I love my dog and am very thankful for what wimp has brought to the walker world. That doesn't change the fact, fred stood on his head, and threw dogs that did. Even wimp will tell you that.
Next time why don't you take time to read the entire thread before you start mouthing off.

Last edited by Fisher13 on 08-04-2015 at 10:58 AM

Old Post 08-04-2015 10:53 AM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

That was my only fall out with Fred dogs. Could tree them,looked good,but could sure get in wallering spells

Old Post 08-04-2015 02:19 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bmoss
UKC Forum Member

You better watch who your callin a dope son

Old Post 08-04-2015 04:21 PM
bmoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bmoss Click here to Send bmoss a Private Message Find more posts by bmoss Add bmoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
That was my only fall out with Fred dogs. Could tree them,looked good,but could sure get in wallering spells

Yup, I personally am willing to sacrifice a little speed for accuracy and efficiency. However I certainly don't want to double down, but being second generation Fred, I don't want to outcross neither. So I figure my best bet might be throw some bark in there. I mean could cross back to a stud out of hubs, but I'm not sure I would see the improvement I desire
My other thoughts are maybe go for swamp, following kieths medleys breeding ideas.

Old Post 08-04-2015 06:34 PM
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Swamp put the want to in the pups!!!!Land if she is a reproducer she will reproduce no matter what she is bred to but if she isn't then also It doesn't matter time will tell!!!! But hot amd cold doesn't make warm in breeding !!! Good luck

Old Post 08-04-2015 07:29 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POTOMAC
Swamp put the want to in the pups!!!!Land if she is a reproducer she will reproduce no matter what she is bred to but if she isn't then also It doesn't matter time will tell!!!! But hot amd cold doesn't make warm in breeding !!! Good luck

She has plenty of want to...no complaints there.

I would like to add a little more soundness of mine, and more consistency with her tracking and a bigger track mouth. I'm Leary of outcrossing because I have only seemed to have luck with dogs going back to Queen,hubs or Fred.

Stone looks identical to roxys mother,combined with all the winning he has been doing. I am very intrigued by him.

Old Post 08-04-2015 07:43 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

bmoss & Fisher13

Play nice now

Old Post 08-04-2015 08:32 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

I would outcross her to a wipeout stud that is throwing a big mouth if it were me

Old Post 08-04-2015 10:41 PM
maupin×3
UKC Forum Member

Heath

Could someone pm his number to me

Old Post 08-04-2015 11:34 PM
maupin×3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maupin×3 Click here to Send maupin×3 a Private Message Click Here to Email maupin×3 Find more posts by maupin×3 Add maupin×3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

You did have too go in on some of the stuff off Fred and persuade them too get gone and quit wallowing.

Old Post 08-05-2015 01:53 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb
You did have too go in on some of the stuff off Fred and persuade them too get gone and quit wallowing.

Yeah that's fer sure.

Old Post 08-05-2015 02:17 AM
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

Me personally

Fred dogs do stand on there head sometimes but I don't think there running a coon when there doing that. There's no way a dog can drive a track like they do and than boom not move 100 yards in 30 min on another track. Half to be fooling with a off track and they do sometimes do that. But on the other hand they usually tree coons and boy that's something I like seeing.

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 08-05-2015 06:41 PM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 11-23-2015 01:41 AM
lambert dillon
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with him one night at spring classic he beat a track up and slicked and scott withdrew. But they all have there bad nights he wins everywhere and I think one the warm up the night before this happened

Old Post 11-23-2015 06:20 AM
lambert dillon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lambert dillon Click here to Send lambert dillon a Private Message Click Here to Email lambert dillon Find more posts by lambert dillon Add lambert dillon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote