UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Accidental breeding
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

Accidental breeding

Can anyone give me any advice on how to raise a litter of pups? My male redbone bred my walker im just curious what it cost to worm and stuff like that. Also what are the chances of the pups being good hunters. My female is a great all around dog, fast and hard tree dog very independent, the male hes young still learning but he has treed with the other dogs Other than that hes not doin much. Thanks in advance

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-22-2015 04:06 AM
Blue2011 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue2011 Click here to Send Blue2011 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue2011 Find more posts by Blue2011 Add Blue2011 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebird
UKC Forum Member

Since no ones touched this. Id have the female spayed and pups removed. Unless you plan on culling them all as they come out.
Sounds like you are not prepared either. You don't know what the males like. I wouldn't waste the time and money.
Sorry you probably don't want to hear that but in the long run its probably best. JMO

Old Post 11-23-2015 03:08 PM
firebird is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebird Click here to Send firebird a Private Message Find more posts by firebird Add firebird to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

i would not have her spayed,contact your vet.he will help you the cost of wormer is not that much the most costly thing will be the shots.they might be a good xbreed.

Old Post 11-23-2015 03:37 PM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebird
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by firebird
Since no ones touched this. Id have the female spayed and pups removed. Unless you plan on culling them all as they come out.
Sounds like you are not prepared either. You don't know what the males like. I wouldn't waste the time and money.
Sorry you probably don't want to hear that but in the long run its probably best. JMO

So you don't think I'm blowing out my a**, I had a experience last winter my dogs were out running, a guy i knew a little showed up and wanted to join so he dumped out a female. Turns out she was in heat. My male bred her in the bush. And this guy had no clue she was in heat. He had her spayed. And she turned out to be garbage anyways.

Old Post 11-23-2015 03:57 PM
firebird is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebird Click here to Send firebird a Private Message Find more posts by firebird Add firebird to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

You can contact the vet and see about the cost.

If your up for keeping and raising the pups, or letting someone try one or two out... go for it. You never know.

I have seen dogs not worth a flip produce... just as top notch coondogs have also produced NOTHING!

It's a gamble and as long as your willing to try it... your not really out much.

Old Post 11-23-2015 07:39 PM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

jmo

I think the female is more important in reproducing anyways!!
'Studs' get the credit only if litter turns out coondogs/winners.
If the litter is full of duds,the female always gets blamed! LOL

I'd raise them and paper them as 'crossbred'
Might be a few good ones in the litter!

Sell them cheap enough to cover cost{s}

Old Post 11-23-2015 10:57 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJO
UKC Forum Member

Pups

I knew a guy who purposely bred a redbone and walker got really good coon dogs

Old Post 11-23-2015 11:28 PM
KJO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KJO Click here to Send KJO a Private Message Click Here to Email KJO Find more posts by KJO Add KJO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

This is the result of an accidental breeding. Worthless male bred my top female.
You just never know.
Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Old Post 11-23-2015 11:52 PM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr taylor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by firebird
So you don't think I'm blowing out my a**, I had a experience last winter my dogs were out running, a guy i knew a little showed up and wanted to join so he dumped out a female. Turns out she was in heat. My male bred her in the bush. And this guy had no clue she was in heat. He had her spayed. And she turned out to be garbage anyways.

Blue2011 said his female was a great all round dog and from what he stated it sounds like the male is young and may make a good dog and may be from a good line ..
why would anyone want to spay a dog when and because she got with pups , myself i would not own a spayed female all i have ever seen is it makes them fat and lazy and takes the spunk out of them , that may have been what happened to the guy you knew dog ..

Old Post 11-24-2015 12:08 AM
mr taylor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr taylor Click here to Send mr taylor a Private Message Find more posts by mr taylor Add mr taylor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

I really dont wanna spay her id like to have alitter out of her but from a different male In the future, that was my plan anyways. Shes bred pretty good (Trackman) He has some older blood in him And some no non titled names. I have people interested in pups already im just gonna see what happens Maybe 1 or 2 will make good ones who knows.

Old Post 11-24-2015 02:08 AM
Blue2011 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue2011 Click here to Send Blue2011 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue2011 Find more posts by Blue2011 Add Blue2011 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 1deadeye
This is the result of an accidental breeding. Worthless male bred my top female.
You just never know.
Scott

Worthless male bred yer female and she had a litter of coon ?
Holy masked bandit Batman !
Throw the breeders handbook away....lol

Patrick Barrett

Old Post 11-24-2015 02:28 AM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Our first coonhound was a Redbone/Walker X; she was fantastic! Good luck with ur puppies.

Old Post 11-24-2015 05:45 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by breezyoaks

You just never know what they're going to throw. LOL

Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Old Post 11-24-2015 11:44 AM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greg Burks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by breezyoaks

Baahaaahaa !!!!! Now that's funny

Old Post 11-24-2015 01:12 PM
Greg Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Burks Click here to Send Greg Burks a Private Message Find more posts by Greg Burks Add Greg Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blue2011
I really dont wanna spay her id like to have alitter out of her but from a different male In the future, that was my plan anyways. Shes bred pretty good (Trackman) He has some older blood in him And some no non titled names. I have people interested in pups already im just gonna see what happens Maybe 1 or 2 will make good ones who knows.
take your own advice,thats what you really want.when you ask the public you may get all kinds of crazy answers!!!!

Old Post 11-24-2015 01:13 PM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

go to tractor supply and get some nemex II or RFD wormer and the 7 way shots.. not a big deal.. your unplanned pups got just as much chance of making real coondogs as any.

Last edited by toe cutter on 11-25-2015 at 05:01 AM

Old Post 11-24-2015 10:28 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jacob Segars
UKC Forum Member

My first puppy I had Rossi was a Walker x Redbone and its mom died when they were four-,weeks old and I got him and he was the finest puppy I have ever had but died at 8-weeks old. I would not recommend that you fix her nor cull the pups. If you weren't so far away I would love to experiment with one.

Old Post 11-25-2015 03:25 AM
Jacob Segars is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jacob Segars Click here to Send Jacob Segars a Private Message Click Here to Email Jacob Segars Find more posts by Jacob Segars Add Jacob Segars to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreeDogKennels
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blue2011
some of the winningest red dog out there have or came from red x'walker cross's !!!!!!!!!
Your pups will most likely come red, and who knows you may just get one like get ahead little red, !!!!

What is your red male pedigree ? If he happens to have bone in him the pups will be more than half walker, LOL

Old Post 11-25-2015 05:14 AM
TreeDogKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TreeDogKennels Click here to Send TreeDogKennels a Private Message Find more posts by TreeDogKennels Add TreeDogKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
go to tractor supply and get some nemex II or RFD wormer and the 7 way shots.. not a big deal.. your unplanned pups got just as much chance of making real coondogs as any.
thanks toe cutter!

Old Post 11-25-2015 07:10 PM
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
thanks toe cutter!

Old Post 11-25-2015 07:10 PM
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TreeDogKennels
some of the winningest red dog out there have or came from red x'walker cross's !!!!!!!!!
Your pups will most likely come red, and who knows you may just get one like get ahead little red, !!!!

What is your red male pedigree ? If he happens to have bone in him the pups will be more than half walker, LOL

I can't remember all the names without looking. I know theirs woodpecker in him and his sire was a grnt ch ill look when i get home later

Old Post 11-25-2015 07:15 PM