UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > ABTCHA.NET
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
longshot
UKC Forum Member

Glad to see a webpage with info listed on it.

Kinda like John, I have a couple suggestions.

1. I do wish somebody would continue the B&T interviews that I started. It needs to be someone committed to gathering info and pictures and not Loyal to any particular clique. Getting history and facts should be the goal. But, we've ask before and nobody seems to be able or willing. If done right, it would create a lot of interest in the site and preserve history at the same time.

2. I'm glad to see the WHIF listed on the site. I would suggest that a very brief straight forward paragraph be written at top of the WHIF page explaining what it is. The rules as written and posted are Lawyer language that the average guy won't read. Leave the official rules up, but ad a simple headline saying what it is about...

I'd post something similar to : The WHIF (World Hunt Incentive Fund) will pay up to $10,000 to the owner of a UKC registered B&T for winning the UKC World Hunt.

3. Last, be sure to have UKC change the official thread on this site. It still has the old website link listed and needs replaced with the new. I'll miss the message board a lot too, but maybe the chatter can be done here and let UKC deal with the headaches of moderating it.

Nice work on the site and I hope it flourishes. ABTCHA offers a wide range of services to it's members like never before and I hope the folks will support and appreciate it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-01-2015 08:36 PM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Conrad
UKC Forum Member

Great Job Jerrod!!!!! The site looks good and should serve our purposes well.

Old Post 07-01-2015 08:48 PM
Ray Conrad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Conrad Click here to Send Ray Conrad a Private Message Click Here to Email Ray Conrad Find more posts by Ray Conrad Add Ray Conrad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nick miller
UKC Forum Member

Mark why wouldn't you continue to do the interviews? I sure liked the ones you did.

Old Post 07-01-2015 10:15 PM
nick miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nick miller Click here to Send nick miller a Private Message Click Here to Email nick miller Find more posts by nick miller Add nick miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrod leathers
UKC Forum Member

John and Mark, thanks for the advice. I have corrected the membership form to include the new 5 yr membership and I've added a simple disclosure to the top of the WHIF rules.

I agree we do need someone to continue the interviews. They are the best thing about the site by far.

Old Post 07-01-2015 10:21 PM
jerrod leathers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrod leathers Click here to Send jerrod leathers a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrod leathers Find more posts by jerrod leathers Add jerrod leathers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

Well done Jerrod.

quote:
Originally posted by nick miller
Mark why wouldn't you continue to do the interviews? I sure liked the ones you did.

Thanks for the compliment Nick. But I've turned my serious attention to fishing these days. Over the years, I've waffled back and forth between coonhunting and tournament fishing and it's prolly why I've never been worth a dern at either one.

Maybe the right person will see this and decide to do some B&T interviews. I hope so.

Old Post 07-01-2015 10:39 PM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

great Job Jarrod , your education has served you well

Old Post 07-01-2015 11:39 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

great Job Jarrod , your education has served you well

Old Post 07-01-2015 11:39 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote