UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Plotts > Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brian Neuner
UKC Forum Member

Question

Who out there has a male that is a big hunting, independent, loud bawl mouth, dog that is looking to get treed when u cut it loose? By big hunting I mean goes 1000 yards on a regular basis alone I dont care if he will go as deep as other dogs if he won't hunt like that by himself. By independent I mean will be treed alone 8 out of 10 trees. By loud I mean LOUD.

Im not looking for smart ass replies and I'm not looking for hearsay. If you have what I described or know where one is i and I'm sure several other people would like to know about it.

I dont care what bloodlines it is. Im interested in the traits I want in a dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2014 07:37 PM
Brian Neuner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Neuner Click here to Send Brian Neuner a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Neuner Find more posts by Brian Neuner Add Brian Neuner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shinerunner
UKC Forum Member

Call LaDonna bout turkey.

Old Post 03-06-2014 07:49 PM
shinerunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shinerunner Click here to Send shinerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email shinerunner Find more posts by shinerunner Add shinerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bert52
UKC Forum Member

brian...not being smart_ _ _ but everyone is looking for one like that...i have went thru 20 or more in past 3 yrs and most died of lead poisoning. if u find one ask if he has a sister like him and i will take her.

Old Post 03-10-2014 04:50 PM
bert52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bert52 Click here to Send bert52 a Private Message Click Here to Email bert52 Find more posts by bert52 Add bert52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Neuner
UKC Forum Member

Mike I agree alot of are looking for one like that. They are very hard to find but I'm sure there are a few out there. Until we start breeding for those traits they will continue to be extremely difficult to find. Im just looking to find some like that so myself and other who like that style of dog and breed to them in order to get those traits.

Old Post 03-12-2014 07:12 PM
Brian Neuner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Neuner Click here to Send Brian Neuner a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Neuner Find more posts by Brian Neuner Add Brian Neuner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ROWDYPLOTT
UKC Forum Member

Brian, give me a call when you can.

Mike Wright

Old Post 03-14-2014 08:08 PM
ROWDYPLOTT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ROWDYPLOTT Click here to Send ROWDYPLOTT a Private Message Click Here to Email ROWDYPLOTT Find more posts by ROWDYPLOTT Add ROWDYPLOTT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bert52
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Neuner
Mike I agree alot of are looking for one like that. They are very hard to find but I'm sure there are a few out there. Until we start breeding for those traits they will continue to be extremely difficult to find. Im just looking to find some like that so myself and other who like that style of dog and breed to them in order to get those traits.

check w/brent zinc...he has z-bar and jakeII....only two i know of that have anywhere near the traits we all look for...find a top female(well, even more impossible) and go breed to either one...that is the only way u will get one (in my opinion)

Old Post 03-18-2014 03:47 PM
bert52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bert52 Click here to Send bert52 a Private Message Click Here to Email bert52 Find more posts by bert52 Add bert52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam O'Donnell
UKC Forum Member

Z-Bar

I'd take a look at Z-Bar like Mike said. I just got this male pup out of him and a heavy Sarge bred female. She has a weak mouth but Z-bar put big mouths on these pups.

Old Post 03-21-2014 12:25 PM
Adam O'Donnell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam O'Donnell Click here to Send Adam O'Donnell a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam O'Donnell Find more posts by Adam O'Donnell Add Adam O'Donnell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plottpower
UKC Forum Member

Kevin Zimmerman has a male He's got a first place on him. I think he has only been in two hunts. Hes tough.

Old Post 03-28-2014 04:35 AM
plottpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plottpower Click here to Send plottpower a Private Message Click Here to Email plottpower Find more posts by plottpower Add plottpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zimmy
UKC Forum Member

He fits the ticket,on a lot of your traits you would like to have. But he's ugly.Bill Herrell told me he hasn't heard a locate like that on a Plott in 25 years.He's still a young dog too.

Call if you want
Kevin Z

Old Post 03-28-2014 09:39 PM
zimmy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zimmy Click here to Send zimmy a Private Message Find more posts by zimmy Add zimmy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brack carr
UKC Forum Member

it sounds like skid is throwing that kind of pup Kevin is not the only one in that litter that is that a way, skid don't have the ball mouth but a locate a kid can call and he does not have to go 1000yds to get tree but will go 2 miles if need just ask Hoop Franklin he hunted him for 3or 4 months for me.
Kevin dog is breed as good as you would want out of the most winning lines of plotts going right nowand all of its litter mates run and tree coons and I have tried to buy them all and was told not for sell at all

Old Post 03-29-2014 03:32 AM
brack carr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brack carr Click here to Send brack carr a Private Message Click Here to Email brack carr Find more posts by brack carr Add brack carr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntndog
UKC Forum Member

Brian - Are you going Millstadt Next Week?

If so, stop by and take a look at my Tarzan dog. He might be the type of dog you're looking for.

He is Not For Sale, but I may stud him out to good females... (I want to get a son out of him before he gets too old - he'll be 6 this year).

I'll be there Saturday for sure, maybe Friday night too.

I drive a '96 Black, Dodge truck with a diamond plate dogbox (and plenty of rust and mud).

- Dennis Smith

http://stumplakeplotts.homestead.com/PedTarzan.html

(I bought him as a pup from Scott Rosson)

Last edited by huntndog on 03-29-2014 at 08:58 AM

Old Post 03-29-2014 08:55 AM
huntndog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntndog Click here to Send huntndog a Private Message Click Here to Email huntndog Find more posts by huntndog Add huntndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Neuner
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be looking at some of those dogs

Old Post 03-29-2014 06:26 PM