UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New rule concerning Nite Champion next year
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Richard, if you run 6 months at two hunts per weekend, sometimes 4 double headers on the weekend that could be
48 cast in 6 months. If you can’t make a GrNt in that length of time then a new dog is needed

I been beat and I been beat a lot, just not at many small ukc hunts. I get beat lots at $30 $kc weeknight hunts. I not dog knocking anyone just stating my opinion.

I will say 16 cast is the longest time it has ever took me to Grand one out under the format we in now. I have done 2 in 8 cast. All with competition.

I don’t have great dogs, I just train mine to do their very best not to give their points away to stupidity

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:23 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
79cooner
UKC Forum Member

Rule

Thanks for your help.

Old Post 12-20-2018 12:01 AM
79cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 79cooner Click here to Send 79cooner a Private Message Find more posts by 79cooner Add 79cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
I don't understand how it can be both easier and cost more at the same time
It's easier to cross the river on the ferry than to swim, but it cost more.

Old Post 12-20-2018 01:08 AM
shadinc is online now Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlkrhuntr
UKC Forum Member

Casting stones

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Dave let me put it in perspective for you ........... You been out a long time tonight they are having a $$$ hunt 20 miles from me. They are having it under a carport in the middle of a graveyard. In one sense you say if that's all they can afford. In anouther sense what if a dog hiked his leg and wee wee on your parents grave. They think nothing of it............. And you want to talk about respect ............ They don't know what that is. And believe me if it took 20 wins to make ntch there will still be cases where the dog is in one state and the easy entry card in anouther at a 1or2 dog hunt under a carport.

You see the old format it was hard to do that with 60 sets of eyes on you hope you understand.

Now just cause you have access to a nice public building why bash your local neighbors hunt? I know y’all work hard and pay the bills and do your part, but These boys your talking about respect that pavilion in the graveyard very much I’d say and I personally have seen the same hunters there that I have seen at your club. As far as dogs pissing on graves, which I truly believe these hunters don’t let happen. What’s the difference in grown men getting in a fight at your place which is a public place with kids running around? Hunters bashing other hunters and not telling it like it is is the real problem with hunt numbers I believe. It just takes all the fun out of it. I’m gonna hunt in all the hunts I can no matter what the KC. Look forward to y’all having hunts always like hunting out of all the clubs in your area. Good people and good hunting. Remember stirring the pot is fun but your not the only one with a recipe book!
Tar

Old Post 12-20-2018 10:59 AM
wlkrhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlkrhuntr Click here to Send wlkrhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by wlkrhuntr Add wlkrhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlkrhuntr
UKC Forum Member

I know what went on and probably know how it could of been prevented, but that’s here nor there. You made a comment about dogs pissing on graves guys not caring. Thats why I said what I said. I truly believe you guys area could be one of the best in the state whether it be at the Marietta club or Powell club or any other club in that area. Don’t down the hometown boys let alone the neighbors. JMO

Old Post 12-20-2018 07:41 PM
wlkrhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlkrhuntr Click here to Send wlkrhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by wlkrhuntr Add wlkrhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Zack I don't know how old you are we have met but ask any 60 yr old guy about respect of the departed and see what he says. Hey not saying they should or shouldn't do what they want it's just as an old guy what I believe. Believe me we paid the price for that day and it's getting more common every day. They can use the building here for free for their Powell hunt anytime. It's only 21 miles. Meat hunt Jan 5 th hope you come. Going to have some hunts next year.

Just an old hard headed man.

Tar

Old Post 12-20-2018 07:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Getting way off topic here.

Old Post 12-20-2018 09:42 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You want me to delete it ?

Tar

Old Post 12-20-2018 09:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, y'all went from new Nt Ch format to peeing on graves.

Old Post 12-20-2018 10:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Well, about the same amount of respect earned in both categories.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 12-20-2018 11:47 PM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

You took the Rules Committee thread to arguing over wall mart and poof it was gone.

Old Post 12-21-2018 12:29 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote