UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Double Header questions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

Double Header questions

I see some clubs holding dh hunts with the first hunt late Friday and the second hunt early Saturday. Is this something UKC thought would happen? How good are the late hunts being attended? I also see a lot of $30 poor boy dh hunts. I just dont see how these will draw good. Any thoughts. Jr.Steelman

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-08-2020 09:24 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Yes UKC was very much aware of the times double headers would be scheduled. It has been common place in other registries for years. Typically 7 & 11 wintertime 8 & 12 fall and spring and 9 & 1 summer when it gets dark late. They are very well received by hunters as they have two chances for wins in one night.
I do not agree with a $30 poor boy for that price you need a chance to win something.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-09-2020 01:36 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

thank you,Jr.

Old Post 03-10-2020 12:49 AM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

I like double headers !

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Old Post 03-10-2020 05:35 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

I will say this. I love doubleheaders. It has given me much more motivation to travel to smaller hunts that are 2-4 hours away. Two chances to win are much better than one, especially when you hunt the culls I do.

I have been to several UKC doubleheaders now. The turnout to the late-round is usually about the same as the early round. Occasionally some don't want to hunt late, but you typically pick up a few for the late-round that didn't make the deadline for the early hunt. So it usually all works out.

$30.00 is too much, in my opinion, for a poor boy hunt. I pay it and don't ask any questions. I figure each club knows what they need to stay afloat, so I pay it and don't push the issue. Our club shares a community-building, so we don't have a huge overhead to worry about, we make donations to help with the facility.

The only downfall I have had to them is that it takes some of the fun out of it. Most of the doubleheaders I attend, everything is a HUGE rush, and most clubs don't leave enough time in between them. I feel like I am running around hectic and can't stop and relax and enjoy the rare occasion that I do get a cast win. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, and I will continue to go and be rushed !!!

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 03-10-2020 07:14 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

All this complaining about the cost of double headers has me scratching my head. The math don't justify the complaints. EX.

1. 2HR poor boy hunt 60 miles away. entry $20
140 miles counting driving to hunting spot.

140 div. by 16mpg = $20 in gas
$10 food and drink.
= $50 for 1 win

2. 2- 1hr poor boys 60 miles. entry $60
160 miles cause you hunted 2x

160 div. 16mpg= $23 in gas
$15 food and drink
= $49 per win.

double headers are still a better deal.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Last edited by Jack Bingham on 03-12-2020 at 12:58 AM

Old Post 03-10-2020 09:47 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

I'm not complaining at all, just asked a question for clarification. Mr. Bingham you may want to check your math on the dh.

Old Post 03-11-2020 01:41 AM
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by delta slough
I'm not complaining at all, just asked a question for clarification. Mr. Bingham you may want to check your math on the dh.

I didn't say you were complaining but have seen several. i rechecked my math there still a better deal. LOL

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 03-12-2020 12:59 AM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wayne arrington
UKC Forum Member

i've only hunted a few myself but, i have to say that i really like them.

Old Post 03-18-2020 06:34 PM
wayne arrington is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wayne arrington Click here to Send wayne arrington a Private Message Click Here to Email wayne arrington Find more posts by wayne arrington Add wayne arrington to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote