UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Sports
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Sports

I was a big sports fan. I listened to Get Up this morning and as a Veteran I'm done with sports. . Disrespecting the flag to me is disrespect to very one who served and are serving in the military. Disrespect to all who gave their life for this country, they were of every race and color. To myself the flag represented the U.S. It's more then just a symbol.

I also put this on my facebook page. Panel talked about Kaepernick, said he is a hero, talked a little about the brutality of the Police.

You can't fix STUPID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-10-2020 04:03 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

IM DONE WITH ALL PRO BALL

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 06-11-2020 02:40 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

If we learned anything from this covid 19 crap, we learned that we can live without professional sports and they definitely are NOT essential!!

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 06-11-2020 03:34 AM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

A disrespect for our nations symbol is in-excusable. It shows a total disregard for all who have died and labored to make it what it is. As is the case with everyone and every country, things took place along the way that may have offended some and may have been deemed today as totally wrong. We must remember, all those things are history, and should be remembered by all who live today. Symbols of that past are there as that reminder of those times that we should not repeat, be it the same as the day they represent , or the form of the same we see in some cases today. It has been said, and I believe it is a very accurate statement, That those who forget the past, are destined to repeat it. We are headed into some very dangerous territory in our nation today, and a lot of it is because of the way some view the past. We must all realize that the past is just that. None of us living today had anything at all to do with anything that happened 125 years ago and before. We can not change it. We can only learn from it, and commit ourselves to not repeating it. This can not and will not happen by trying to forget it and tear up every piece of history in our country. Times do change, and so can people. Times change each and every minute. People change through education, and that can't happen by trying to re-write our history to make it politically correct or just forget it period. No folks. Ole Glory stands for way more than just a piece of pretty cloth being displayed on a pole. It stands as a reminder to us all as a symbol of where we have been, and a goal to strive for where we can go in the future. Disrespecting her is a lack of knowledge and disrespect for one's self. Every American should reflect each time we see our flag and hear that national anthem. Yes folks, our nation is for from perfect, but she is still the greatest country in the world. She has been since July 4, 1776, and continues to show the way today. So stand tall and proud when you see our flag. She deserves and has earned all of our respect along her long roads to freedom and protecting it. Remember when you try to display your message to us all by kneeling or otherwise, that only here, and because of the very thing you disrespect, do you have the right to do so, without repercussion. Think long. Think hard. I can stand proud of my country, and I will not disrespect her flag. My family and I have to much to lose if she were to fall. God bless the United States of America and every person in her. We are all so privileged to live in this promised land. We should be so thankful we have this country, and we should all work together to keep her sound. Ok, my soapbox is full so I'll stop. Reflect with Respect.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Last edited by Robert Johnson on 06-15-2020 at 12:36 PM

Old Post 06-11-2020 12:33 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Good Post Rock!

Old Post 06-11-2020 02:16 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Boondok Kennels
If we learned anything from this covid 19 crap, we learned that we can live without professional sports and they definitely are NOT essential!!
You got that right.😉

Old Post 06-15-2020 09:02 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Yes Rock very well put & what really rubs me raw is the hoopin & hollerin like a bunch of idiot's before the anthem is over,I was raised to remain standin & silent with respect.

Old Post 06-15-2020 09:05 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I've always been a Nascar and football fan. Now I just hope it's not raining on Sundays so I can go fishing.

Old Post 06-16-2020 01:01 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

With the way things are playing out with the professional sports, I will probably just watch college football. Nascar, NFL, and MLB have really got me thinking. NCAA is about to go the same route when they start paying players. They think money makes them powerful. If the ones paying the money would just say you're fired, where does that put them? Same place 40 million others are.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 06-16-2020 12:14 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Overpaid sports

IM WITH YOU ROCK! JesseJ

Old Post 06-16-2020 03:14 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, NASCAR now says the "noose" wasn't a "noose" after all. It was just a big publicity stunt. It was actually a rope used to pull the overhead garage door down. What a crock. Talk about over reaction.

Old Post 06-23-2020 11:40 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, NASCAR now says the "noose" wasn't a "noose" after all. It was just a big publicity stunt. It was actually a rope used to pull the overhead garage door down. What a crock. Talk about over reaction.

Another Jussie Smollett tactic.....

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 06-24-2020 02:03 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you want to see some God fearing, flag respecting Professional Athletes that stand when our National Anthem is played, then go to a rodeo.

Old Post 06-24-2020 02:33 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Another Jussie Smollett tactic.....

Bubba Smollett!!

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 06-24-2020 03:06 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Will NASCAR investigate who started this or will they just try to forget that it happened?

Old Post 06-24-2020 03:33 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Mission accomplished! One man got the confederate flag banned from the race track. Now they are working on getting back the fans that left by saying it was a door hanger. Shouldn't all stalls have a door hanger and why didn't someone see it between October and now? Personally I think we should take America back again. To heck with kissing butt and political correctness.

Old Post 06-24-2020 04:59 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Mission accomplished! One man got the confederate flag banned from the race track. Now they are working on getting back the fans that left by saying it was a door hanger. Shouldn't all stalls have a door hanger and why didn't someone see it between October and now? Personally I think we should take America back again. To heck with kissing butt and political correctness.

I agree fully. We are as close to a civil war again as we can get without actually declaring war on each other. Who ever heard of a group of folks declaring part of our nation is no longer part of the United States, and a governor and mayor all pussyfoot around while citizens are being killed inside the area? Total Bull s--t! I bet DC calms down now that the troops are on the ground. The people that lead these groups only like to shoot at the weak and un-armed. Going to be interesting in Atlanta too. They have a dumbcrat mayor, while a republican is in the governors mansion. All of those groups that try to carve out areas and control them are nothing more than treasonist and should be dealt with as such.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 06-24-2020 06:11 PM
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

I used to be a die-hard sports fan. I was fortunate to participate, and compete against professional players, at one time in my life. Albeit, on a small level. I tried to watch every baseball game I could. I was a Big Red Machine fan, but would watch the Braves and Cubs on TBS and WGN. Nowadays, I can't watch one inning of baseball, a minute of the NBA, and I'm moving in that direction with the NFL. I wouldn't give two cents for Soccer or NASCAR. ( sorry to the southern guys ). It doesn't matter if I decide to never watch again, but if there's several hundred thousand guys like me, that will definitely send a message to these overpaid, egotistical guys, who thinks they should be put on a pedestal, regardless of their actions. Give me youth sports any day, and more power to you, if you still go watch the pros play. One more thing, when these clowns get on TV, and talk about going to war in a game, that makes me want to puke. Our military should be put on that pedestal, I was talking about earlier.

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 06-25-2020 04:38 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why in the world are they still calling it a "noose" on TV? When they talk about it they don't say, "the garage door pull"; they say "the noose" even though everyone now knows that it wasn't a noose.

Old Post 06-26-2020 07:35 PM
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Nascar

Flipping thru channels Saturday n seen nascar race having the National Anthem, didn't see anyone kneeling. But after the Anthem I turned it off!! Will never watch another one. Same for all the other over paid so call pro ball stars. JesseJ

Old Post 06-29-2020 02:27 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote