UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Estep's Big Game and Coon Hounds
Pages (26): « First ... « 24 25 [26]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

All Blue

Those dark face is what they call all Blue Blueticks.Most Blueticks have tan trim but when you cross them with a all blue dog ,they will throw a few all blue hounds.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2019 02:25 PM
Bestep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bestep Click here to Send Bestep a Private Message Click Here to Email Bestep Find more posts by Bestep Add Bestep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Puppies

A friend of mine has some pups that are out of our bloodline crossed with the Hammer line. These should make some great hounds , he has a few all blue pups and some with tan trim. If interested give Cody a call. 1-434-996-2370 ,located in Madison county, Va.

Old Post 01-03-2020 10:48 PM
Bestep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bestep Click here to Send Bestep a Private Message Click Here to Email Bestep Find more posts by Bestep Add Bestep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Puppies

Talked to Cody and all pups have been sold. Thanks

Old Post 01-10-2020 09:42 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-09-2020 08:51 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Hounds

Now that its a little cooler hope to get the hounds out. Time to get them in shape.

Old Post 08-15-2020 01:15 PM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Get 'em in the woods :

Hey Bob & Tom - it's good to see y'all back on here . I'm looking forward to seeing new pics of your hounds in action . Some of Jenny's grandpups are looking good in training season . Hope y'all have plenty of bear to run .

Old Post 08-21-2020 03:47 PM
purgatoryblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purgatoryblue Click here to Send purgatoryblue a Private Message Find more posts by purgatoryblue Add purgatoryblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Hounds

Have'nt been on here for a while Tom has been hunting our hounds. Our season is closed now so Chris has been hunting some of our hounds in WV. they have a training season year around , Thanks Chris for hunting our hounds.They seem to have a better bear population than us , the mange has taken a big hit on our bear. Maybe things will get better?

Old Post 05-10-2021 11:36 AM
Wvbluetick17
UKC Forum Member

Bobby haven't talked to you for a long time the female I kept off of Shine and Diesel is one of the best I've ever owned and ever hunted with runs head up gritty hard tree dog she's got the heard and the brains....Chris and I bred her to make Django which was a aunt X Nephew cross she had 7 pups only 1 made it and he had to be bottle fed and this is the result double on every off of the first cross we made with shine and diesel this is something I've been patiently waiting for for years

Old Post 05-11-2021 02:25 AM
Wvbluetick17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wvbluetick17 Click here to Send Wvbluetick17 a Private Message Find more posts by Wvbluetick17 Add Wvbluetick17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Hounds

Brandon it has been a while since I talked to you. Hope everyone is doing fine. I hope you, Chris and Tommy keeps this bloodline going. I 'am thinking I might get two or three hounds in the future and get back to bear hunting, who knows I my end up with a kennel full. Take Care.

Old Post 05-16-2021 03:09 PM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Hey Bob & Tom !

It's good to hear that you're getting back to hunting . I hope you can find some more hounds as good as Jenny was .

Old Post 05-24-2021 03:28 AM
purgatoryblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purgatoryblue Click here to Send purgatoryblue a Private Message Find more posts by purgatoryblue Add purgatoryblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
damon shivers
UKC Forum Member

Estep kim

Was you the owner of her?

Nitech Ch PR Shivers Magic Lead-MagicXHooker
Breeder and handler and half owner of Nitech Grch Grwch Grfch PR Rock Acres Brutus HTX sire MagicXShelly
Cali- Ch Wch Grnite Shivers Magic Buckeye x Dual Grand Tuff

Old Post 06-09-2021 07:27 PM
damon shivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for damon shivers Click here to Send damon shivers a Private Message Find more posts by damon shivers Add damon shivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emcgee
UKC Forum Member

Big Game Nationals

Bobby,

Chris has been wanting me to post for him. 2 weekends ago we went to Big Game Nationals with Brandon and his family in Elkins, WV. The dogs did really well. Here is a picture of Bristol, Aspen and Django. They got 3rd in 3 dog bear bay. Bristol also got 3rd in 2 dog bear bay with a guys walker dog he needed someone to enter with him. Bristol and Aspen are littermates from the Diesel 3 x Shine cross. Django the big male on the ground is off of Bristol and Buddy (Jenny's brother). I know you know this but for anyone else wanting the relations.

Bristol did well in treeing contest but not quite enough to place

Cruise made it through 2 heats to the finals in the bear dash but couldnt quite pick up the overall win. Cruise is littermate to Tommy's Soldier and is off of Bristol and Dallas (goes back to your Blue and Abby cross). For 11 months old he sure did good.

And Presley (littemate to Django) won overall opposite sex of the entire show of about 30 dogs. She has put several bear up the tree this year already ahead of the other dogs.

We hope to continue to keep this bloodline going with a cross of Presley to a half brother (Buddy x Hallie) early next year and Django to Aspen this summer.

Last edited by emcgee on 06-10-2021 at 09:40 PM

Old Post 06-10-2021 09:37 PM
emcgee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for emcgee Click here to Send emcgee a Private Message Click Here to Email emcgee Find more posts by emcgee Add emcgee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emcgee
UKC Forum Member

Bear pictures

Chris wanted me to post some pics of the dogs on bear.

Presley on the tree, Django , Molly behind chris and Sarge in front of chris . Sarge is off a Glynn Holmes female and Andrew Presgraves dog Blue and is heavy smokey river.

Bristol, Presley, Murdoch (Django pup), and Django rigging a bear.

Early morning bear in the tree

Cruise treeing on one of his first bear.

Old Post 06-11-2021 02:27 AM
emcgee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for emcgee Click here to Send emcgee a Private Message Click Here to Email emcgee Find more posts by emcgee Add emcgee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

pic.

Thanks for the pictures the hounds looks good. Keep them in the woods.

Old Post 03-27-2022 08:52 PM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Hello Bob & Tom ! How've you been ? Is Jenny still alive,if so,how's she doing ? How's those last two females out of her doing? Did you and Tom get to hunt a lot this past season? Good Hunting, Wes B.

Old Post 03-27-2022 09:48 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Hello, Wes, Tom and I are doing great, Jenny is still alive and has slowed down. She is almost 13, the last 2 females out of her are doing good, not many bear in our area, I believe the mange has taken a big toll on our bear. A lot of guys down here didn't even find a bear to run during kill season. Hope you are doing well and it was good to hear from you. Take Care.

Old Post 03-28-2022 11:43 PM
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Hey sent you a Pm hope

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 07-07-2022 04:09 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

BTT

BTT

Old Post 12-20-2022 09:28 PM
emcgee
UKC Forum Member

Bobby, hope you all had a good bear season. We didn't have much food here and ours went to den early. We managed to find a few. Bristol off of diesel is 7 now and a super nice cold nosed trail dog. We have her 2 sons off buddy and they are both really nice and misty has been making some chases. Give Chris a call sometime I'm sure he would like that 304-538-4239.

Old Post 01-05-2023 06:32 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

Emcgee, I plan on heading your way on Saturday with Tommy to pick up a hound .Looking forward to seeing you and Chris.

Old Post 01-15-2023 02:29 PM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

Hello Bob & Tom !

I hope you and your families are well and happy . Bear season opens in a few days and the hunters and hounds can hardly wait after being idle during deer season . I hope you and Tom get to hunt a lot this coming season . Some of Jenny's grandsons and granddaughters out of the kermit x Jenny male that George Hall got are doing good on bear and one granddaughter in North Carolina has made a top hog dog . She recently had a litter pups out of a grandson of Kermit , who is a top bearhound . The pups won't be ready to go until Christmas , and I haven't decided if I need one or not, I already have a young female that I'm trying to finish out this season . At 77yrs.old training young hounds is harder to do than it used to be. Good luck to you and Tom this season and keep'em in the woods . Wes B.

Old Post 11-29-2023 11:12 PM
Bestep
UKC Forum Member

purgatoryblue

Wes its good to hear from you, Our bear population is not good .The mange has taken its toll on our bear. Tom and the guys he hunts with treed a few in chase season, treed 1 the first day of kill season and let it go and hasnt treed one since. most of the guys here are not finding anything at all to run. I told Tom if the population ever increase's I would get back in it and get some hounds. Right now it would be very hard to train a pup.Good Luck to you and have a Merry Christmas.

Old Post 12-17-2023 02:03 PM