UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Grnt Ch Pr Brush Creek Gus
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Sunday night

Cut ole Gus and Lou out tonight in a huge cornfield along the Scioto River , struck at about 200 yds swung out into the corn and made a big circle came back to the river and treed.3 coons lookin down. Lovin these cool nights.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-11-2017 05:09 AM
Mike_Blevins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_Blevins Click here to Send Mike_Blevins a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike_Blevins Find more posts by Mike_Blevins Add Mike_Blevins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Gus

Took Gus to The vet on monday noticed his voice sounded different and was not treeing like his usual self . Done a complete checkup on him and diagnosed him with ehrlichiosis and lyme disease, both coming from ticks. The vet put him on doxycycline. be laid up for a while and back to the vet in 2 weeks.

Old Post 09-14-2017 06:37 PM
Mike_Blevins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_Blevins Click here to Send Mike_Blevins a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike_Blevins Find more posts by Mike_Blevins Add Mike_Blevins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Gus

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Blevins
Took Gus to The vet on monday noticed his voice sounded different and was not treeing like his usual self . Done a complete checkup on him and diagnosed him with ehrlichiosis and lyme disease, both coming from ticks. The vet put him on doxycycline. be laid up for a while and back to the vet in 2 weeks.

Dang Mike! Hate to hear that. Not sure what stage they caught it in, but you will probably end up doing 5 weeks of the doxy. That ehrlichiosis is some nasty stuff, Gus will have it for the rest of his life. The Meds seem to help the physical symptoms & will make it lie in a dormant state, but it can flare back up at any time. The dog I had with it always seems to flare back up come late spring. I wish you the best & hope Gus comes through the treatment with no issues & that crap doesn't flare back up on him.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 09-14-2017 09:55 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Vic

Vic the vet told me that each dog reacts differently. Some dogs it flares up quite often,while others it may lie dormant for the rest of there life. I dont know what stage he was in but I guess time will tell how he reacts. hopefully he will be OK. Noticed a big change in his mouth, it got alot more course than usual.The vet said he has seen alot more cases of lyme disease and ehrlichiosis here lately than ever before.

Old Post 09-14-2017 11:10 PM
cethridge
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about Gus. Hopefully it wont affect his breeding. I looked at him at AO and he is some nice dog.

Old Post 09-18-2017 01:30 PM
cethridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cethridge Click here to Send cethridge a Private Message Click Here to Email cethridge Find more posts by cethridge Add cethridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Gus

Gus goes back to the vet today. Hope to get a good report, his voice seems to be back to normal and he acts very good. hunted Lou a few nights once by herself, went 450yds treed and had the meat another time hunted with 2 friends had a 3 way split about 25yds apart all 3 dogs had coons over them. one of them was a young dog out of ole Gus. Havent hunted the last few nights . 90 degrees yesterday and 91 today.

Old Post 09-26-2017 06:58 PM
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

The Check up on Gus was somewhat good, the ehrlichious did not show up on the test , but the lymes disease he will have the rest of his life. It reacts different in every dog. It may lay dormant or it could flare back up. be on doxycycline for 3 more weeks. Then Gus will be taken off the meds and see how he reacts. Wont affect his breeding. Vet said I could hunt him some now but not too hard. Think I"ll just let him live the life of Riley for 3 more weeks as he deserves a little R&R. Still have Lou to put in the timber!

Old Post 09-27-2017 07:23 PM
SCOTT E JONES
UKC Forum Member

Gus

I'm glad to hear Gus is going to be okay. I know your disappointed you and Gus were looking foward to hunt the Ohio State Championship hunt there in Hillsboro here shortly but give him some R and R. You and Gus can hit the Winter Classic.

Old Post 09-27-2017 08:22 PM
SCOTT E JONES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCOTT E JONES Click here to Send SCOTT E JONES a Private Message Find more posts by SCOTT E JONES Add SCOTT E JONES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Good luck to everyone at the Ohio State Championship tonight,

Old Post 10-06-2017 06:54 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Talk

Mike I enjoyed our talk today even if the old cell phone cut us off. I am glad to hear Gus is doing a lot better. Go Gus. He's a good one for sure.

Old Post 10-08-2017 02:55 AM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Was nice hearing from you. Terrible cell phone service around here. Glade you like your male pup out of Lou,thats one good looking male pup you have there out of Hank. Hope he makes a good one for you.Wayne Crabtree and I are going hunting tonight and I think I will take Ole Gus out. He has not been out for a while, but he acts really good around the pen. The vet said I could hunt him. He goes back to the vet tuesday going to take him off the meds and see how he reacts.Hopefully it will all be good. Talk to ya later!

Old Post 10-13-2017 09:24 PM
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Gus going back to the vet today for the last check up for lymes disease seems to be doing good. Took him hunting the other night treed 3 on the outside and 1 den. Its finally cooled off around here,and got some much needed rain. Believe I"ll go for another round tonight.

Old Post 10-17-2017 03:53 PM
SCOTT E JONES
UKC Forum Member

Gus

Sounds like Gus is doing well. Keep us posted on how the Ole boy is doing

Old Post 10-17-2017 05:00 PM
SCOTT E JONES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCOTT E JONES Click here to Send SCOTT E JONES a Private Message Find more posts by SCOTT E JONES Add SCOTT E JONES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Gus checked out good at the vet today. he said hunt him as usual and bring him back in 6 months for a recheck. Thanks Scott and Dave for the kind words about Ole Gus He has been a good one.

Old Post 10-20-2017 02:03 PM
cethridge
UKC Forum Member

Wonderful. Good for Gus.

Old Post 10-20-2017 02:53 PM
cethridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cethridge Click here to Send cethridge a Private Message Click Here to Email cethridge Find more posts by cethridge Add cethridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Hey Mike glad to hear the good news about Gus! Wish we were closer l would love to get our Gauge dogs together for some pleasure hunting. Ron

Old Post 10-20-2017 07:41 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys that is good news. Turned Gus and Lou loose down on Camp Creek tonight they went a little over 500 yards , struck ran down the creek about 200 yds then made a right turn up on the ridge and treed. Seems like these hills here in southern Ohio are getting bigger! Finally got there and they had the meat. Leashed them up and headed home. Ron sounds Like Ole Hook is the real deal. Another GR NT for Gauge. Way to go!

Old Post 10-21-2017 03:53 AM
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Took Lou out last night . Made 2 drops , 1st one in the bottoms along the scioto river . struck in the cornfield worked to the woods along the river and treed on a big den. Left there and went to the hills and cut her loose down a holler where she struck and ran about 250 yards and treed and had a double. Done a nice job loaded her up and went home.

Old Post 10-25-2017 03:40 PM
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Took the 2 hounds out tonight Gus and Lou down on Camp Creek , full moon and 64 degrees at 10;45. Can not believe how warm it is for the 2nd of Nov. They struck on the creek and then treed at 900 yds. I had Gus tree on the same tree before , did not see any fur as it was a large sycamore den.Season comes in the 10th , be hittin it a little harder then!

Old Post 11-03-2017 04:05 AM
cethridge
UKC Forum Member

Any idea when going to breed Gus

Old Post 11-03-2017 01:47 PM
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

cethridge

No females right now , but I will keep you informed. He has 1 litter on the ground. 4 pups, 2 I have hunted with lots of drive , good natural tree dogs.

Old Post 11-03-2017 03:03 PM
cethridge
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, brother.

Old Post 11-04-2017 02:13 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Hello Mike!

When kill season comes in holler at me when you and that outlaw Wayne Crabtree are gonna head north to hunt Fallsville. The blue dog hater Harry and myself would like to hook up with you gents and hit some of Harrys honey holes

Hope all is as well as can be for you and yours!

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 11-05-2017 04:02 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Blevins
UKC Forum Member

Hey Vic, Good to hear from ya ! Wayne and I was up at Fallsville a couple weeks ago and seen several coon. He bought a nice little walker female. I"ll get ahold of him, we"ll get together and see if we can"t get one of those ole sick barnyard coons on the wood!

Old Post 11-06-2017 12:44 AM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Blevins
Hey Vic, Good to hear from ya ! Wayne and I was up at Fallsville a couple weeks ago and seen several coon. He bought a nice little walker female. I"ll get ahold of him, we"ll get together and see if we can"t get one of those ole sick barnyard coons on the wood!

Sounds like a plan! Ole Harry & Wayne will be ganging up on the blue haired dogs with those Walker hounds! One thing is for sure, when you get Harry & Wayne together there is never a dull moment!

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-06-2017 05:22 PM