UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > redstick Ann
Pages (14): « First ... « 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Dennis

I’m glad that u all are very happy with the pups and love too read how well your hunts are going. I’m still looking forward to getting their and make a hunt very soon. I keep saying I’m not gonna breed Ann anymore but I’m not gonna beat my drum but the two males I kept one was the pick of the liter and the other one was the one I didn’t think any one would pick. My two pups have started barking and if the cat takes off and run they will bark and chase the cat but the cat won’t go up just turn around a paw them and they get riddle!! Ann is not only one of the best dogs I’ve own but looks like she will be a outstanding reproducer as will and I’m very tempted to breed her one more time. 5/6 pups out of Bojangles are running and treeing one went to none coonhunting family they was just getting into showing dogs. { I breed her two times too males off Bocephus Not sure if I do try again what it will be I do have a idea but if these last pup start quick I will go back to another Bocephus Male or even the old man if he can mount her!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2020 11:53 PM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I would sure like to see you breed her to BC. Ritchie bred Katie back to BC. He says the pups from the first cross seems to be working out. May work good on Ann. The Buck dog is starting to connect the dots.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 03-06-2020 05:57 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

I’ve been off this page for awhile I’m just seeing the post. I thought a lot about breeding her to B C. But I’m not sure if I won’t to try and hunt her in this year world hunt or not. I’m also thinking about the expensive part of it with the hard challenge of raising pups with the heat and her health. I was very blessed to have been able too raise the last 9 out of her with the health issues she had we raised all 9 and it was real expressive afterwards. To pay the studd fee drive and may not raise one not sure I’ll go that route with so many other males off Bocephus that is doing a very good job in the stud pen.. Ann has shown to help reproduce on two different males out of bo so far. This last liter off Botox is not old enough to show much but I can tell they have brains. But knowing me nothing is off the table. (Redstick Bluetick)👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Old Post 05-26-2020 12:38 AM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 06-02-2020 08:40 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Go for it! Have no regrets. Ann can reproduce on her end and it looks like Country is doing his part at a young age.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Old Post 06-08-2020 02:04 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Shine

Well looks like I’m back at it full speed ahead I hunted my shine female in two hunts and didn’t get the win I needed but not all her fault. I’ve been very lazy hunting her and not pushing her to do better relaying on me being a good handler. After losing the second one I notice i didn’t have the confidence to tree her since the weather change and it’s hot and she haven’t been treeing the same so I gotta blame some of it on me and now we are wide open and she is back on point. I had a guy to come down because I told him awhile back that he could buy shine a few months ago and he decided to give it a try and we hunted on a Sunday night and this is something I don’t do is hunt on Sunday nights, But it’s the only night he could come and hunt , so we put shine in the woods and I didn’t bring a dog leash on purpose to show how she handles, We cut her 200 yards from the woods she went 250 and open and I didn’t have to use my Garmin to find her she treed at 760 yards from the truck and we drove within 100yards and walk in and coon seen cut from the tree she went 75 yards treed with coon seen. Walk back to the truck and move to another spot and cut her loose with my Ann & Botox male and he struck first she open with him and they trail a bad track and treed at 0.68 and we drove in to them and we didn’t find him but I was so excited about my pup. We get back to the truck and talk about how shine look and how impressive she was and the young man and his dad or uncle decided they would offer me 500 less than what I let them no what I told them, So I smiled shook their hand and showed them back to the Highway. As I was locking my gates they decided to come back and negotiate a deal and really I was not gonna talk and I just Drove around them and smile. The only thing was on my mind was my pup. So this week I hunted around cornfield and cutover and my pup have not back up out of none of it and I will tell you he is a flat out natural and he has never seen a caged coon. And he loves that smell. I’m gonna love training him. Redstick Glow is his name. We will be back in the woods tonight and break for the weekend and Father’s Day. Thanks again for reading. Happy Father’s Day too All👍🏾

Old Post 06-19-2020 04:19 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

I took out Ann last night and hunted my Glow pup with her. She took out like a 3 year old and the pup was riding her back end trying to keep up. And made it look easy last night and the pup was able to learn something as she treed three coons and I put them out to her and the pup. She haven’t been hunting in about a month or more. This night was Ann pup first night really trying to tree. Ready for the next night..

Old Post 06-20-2020 07:32 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Shine

I took a trip over too our local club. We had a small turnout but managed to have three cast of reg. We had a good group of guys even with a lil humility night. I hunted my shine female. She got the narrow win with 225+ 200 circle. And treed one more time but choose not to tree her after we went to mr. Donald Kasey female which had a Coon that gave her 200 + . We only had 2 minutes left after shining her Coon so I didn’t tree shine. That win gave her number Three. With limited hunting in my area we are still in it too get finished out before the year out!!!👍🏾

Old Post 08-31-2020 03:41 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Shine

I took a trip over too our local club. We had a small turnout but managed to have three cast of reg. We had a good group of guys even with a lil humility night. I hunted my shine female. She got the narrow win with 225+ 200 circle. And treed one more time but choose not to tree her after we went to mr. Donald Kasey female which had a Coon that gave her 200 + . We only had 2 minutes left after shining her Coon so I didn’t tree shine. That win gave her number Three. With limited hunting in my area we are still in it too get finished out before the year out!!!👍🏾

Old Post 08-31-2020 03:41 AM
Racket Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Shine

Congrats Sleepy, keep the hammer down and get her finished, she's a dandy. Take Care

Old Post 08-31-2020 11:49 AM
Racket Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Racket Ridge Click here to Send Racket Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Racket Ridge Find more posts by Racket Ridge Add Racket Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Re: Shine

Congrats!

quote:
Originally posted by sleepyblues

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 08-31-2020 12:17 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Winner

Congrats Sleepy. Keep hitting those hunts.

Old Post 09-01-2020 04:19 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann/ Scout

Thanks guys for the congratulations on shine. I’m planning on getting her as good as she can be by the end of this year. I could not help myself last night and took Ann out for her last hunt until she have her pups. She couldn’t wait to get gone and my pup off her was left behind before he new where she was she was 500 yards working on a track and 850 before he could catch up to her. Once he got j in n there with her she had the track moving out and he put in and started screaming and they made a circle and brought the track back close to me and treed 400 yards from the truck so I made it too them and to find the pup split for the second time brought a smile to my face in thou Ann had the Coon in the tree she was on and the tree scout was on went into hers but he stayed on his even when I got him off his tree to see if he would tree on Ann tree he went right back to his tree so I gave him two good pats on the side and headed to the truck to get home. I’m liking the way this pup is responding.

Old Post 09-01-2020 06:05 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Tabby

Steve I like the mouth on the Tabby female Bobby got from you. And well put together.

Old Post 09-01-2020 06:07 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

Well it won’t be long Ann is due to drop crash pups next week on the 21 she is looking good and happy!!!! I took shine over to a slam hunt and got the win. That made number 4 and 3 out of 5 cast win with one lost and one dead cast. She is really back to herself. She went through a rough time for a few months after changing hands letting her move around from place to place she had me ready to and trying to sell her at one point just because I know she could do better and I got aggravated with her. Now I’m more excited about the turnaround she has made. She haven’t back a dog on a pleasure hunt or competition hunt in months since I decided I need to hunt her better. Her first turnout she had 225 circle Coon was there but went up into some thick stuff with muscadine vines into a cedar tree. Second Coon she treed I was lucky that she treed after crossing a highway and treed close to someone house and we was just about to call timeout and get her but she located in time. The Coon was in the same type of tree as the first one was but this one wasn’t hard to look at. We have another hunt close to the house this weekend hopefully we get to attend and have a good hunt!!!!👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Old Post 09-14-2020 03:04 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann/Crash

Ann had pups last week and is doing well. To the many guys that wanted to get a pup that I am not able to call back she is only raising 4 pups. I’m also back into hunting mode with the two male pups off Ann/Botox the two pups I’m hunting is well advanced for 10 months old actually I no hunting them alone with my shine female is going too be very hard with deer season on the rise. Right now I’m enjoying listening to these two pups getting in on track and listening to them with a big locate and tree. I call them Redstick Glow and Redstick scout and it’s not one different between them other than looks. Both of them open on feed tracks and both loves to tree. Stay tuned for more updates on the Botox pups. Hopefully Ann and crash pups make it and come along as well. And Ann heal up soon. Can’t wait to get her back in the woods this winter..

Old Post 10-03-2020 11:09 PM