UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Grand Nites with current grand nite wins
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

Grand Nites with current grand nite wins

Back in October when UKC released the new rules and the new format for earning degrees, they stated that as far as Grand Nite dogs that have current grand nite wins on record, due to programming issues, they would have to wait until November to see how that would work out when the new rules take effect. My question is, will current Grand Nite wins count toward Grand Nite2 when the new rules take effect?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2018 06:52 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

I believe that is correct, Allen touched on that in a post from another thread that I can't think of right now.

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 12-09-2018 07:06 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blacklabel
I believe that is correct, Allen touched on that in a post from another thread that I can't think of right now.

I saw where they said they wouldn't know for sure until November but I haven't been able to find an update saying for sure.

Old Post 12-09-2018 07:09 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The problem is not whether they will count or not. The problem is how to get the computer to turn them loose. It isn't like they have them all written down on paper. This is the age of technology. And it isn't like GOOGLE. You can't just say OK Google, how many Gr Nt wins do I have?

Old Post 12-09-2018 07:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
The problem is not whether they will count or not. The problem is how to get the computer to turn them loose. It isn't like they have them all written down on paper. This is the age of technology. And it isn't like GOOGLE. You can't just say OK Google, how many Gr Nt wins do I have?

Richard, how is it different than a registered dog that has current wins toward Nitech, or a Nitech dog that has wins toward GrNitech? They have already determined that any registered or Nitech dog that has current wins on file, those wins will count as cast wins under the new system in 2019.

Old Post 12-09-2018 07:30 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I don't know. I wonder if "in the system" means that they can get them "out of the system"?

Old Post 12-09-2018 07:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

They should not , it should begin Jan 1st in my opinion. The rules change is to get more entries at the local club level and what happened in the past helps no clubs at all.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:02 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
They should not , it should begin Jan 1st in my opinion. The rules change is to get more entries at the local club level and what happened in the past helps no clubs at all.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that but but if you go with that ideology, registered and Nitech dogs that have wins, those wins shouldn’t count either.

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:22 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

I'll see if I can't dig up the article written specifically on this very topic. Give me a little time and I'll post it here. Thanks.

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:27 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Here you go Chuck. This was published in the December Issue of COONHOUND BLOODLINES in my Advisor Column. While this topic pertains to Hall of Fame criteria, the same applies to Grand Nite wins on record that will go towards GRNITE2, 3, 4 etc... In other words, a Grand Nite that has 15 Grand wins on their record would become a GRNITECH3.

Hall of Fame Criteria
Q: UKC will now be offering a title of Hall of Fame for dogs who have accrued a total of 50 cast wins. Will those cast wins earned under the past format (before 2019), where the dog did not place in the event, count towards those 50 cast wins?

A: A total of 50 cast wins may not be exactly true when it comes to those dogs that already had some nite hunt history prior to 2019. It would be nearly impossible to go back and research every single cast win a dog may have earned that did not result in placing in the event. Therefore, UKC will not be doing that.

Instead, the formula by which a Hall of Fame title will be issued is when a dog has earned the degree of GRNITECH5, plus five more cast wins. This would in fact amount to a total of 50 cast wins for any dog that had no nite hunt history prior to 2019. When you do the math; five cast wins to make Nite Champion, plus eight cast wins to make Grand Nite Champion, plus eight cast wins for each of the GRNITECH2, 3, 4 and 5, plus five more cast wins; adds up to a grand total of 50.

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:09 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When will y'all start checking your records and mailing out the Gr Nt 2, 3 and 4 degrees? If we have kept a record and have "proof" such as magazine articles or Breed Association articles listing cast wins will y'all accept them?

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:24 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Who can we contact to see how many cw's that UKC records show? Will we be able to do it on the web?

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:27 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
When will y'all start checking your records and mailing out the Gr Nt 2, 3 and 4 degrees? If we have kept a record and have "proof" such as magazine articles or Breed Association articles listing cast wins will y'all accept them?

Take a wild guess.

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:54 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I will see if your computer records are as good as my magazine article records. According to my "paper" record of RQE, Zone, Finals, AO, WC and licensed Breed Days cast wins Boone is a Gr Nt 4. If you count Youth Nationals, Yep and Youth All Around cast wins then he is a Gr Nt 5. I guess that I will have to "patiently" wait for the certificate. I just hope that he doesn't get it posthumously.

Old Post 12-10-2018 05:05 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
I will see if your computer records are as good as my magazine article records. According to my "paper" record of RQE, Zone, Finals, AO, WC and licensed Breed Days cast wins Boone is a Gr Nt 4. If you count Youth Nationals, Yep and Youth All Around cast wins then he is a Gr Nt 5. I guess that I will have to "patiently" wait for the certificate. I just hope that he doesn't get it posthumously.

Haha....... with your permission, I can post your dog's official record here.

On a side note; I hunted with some King Richard blood the other night in blowing winds and a frigid 22 degrees. 6 trees; saw four. Three dens, three coon treed and one caught in a cornfield. You would've been proud of us. You're big buddy came up.

Old Post 12-10-2018 08:44 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That is a combination of 1/2 mine and 1/2 his blood. I can't believe that an old guy like you was out in that kind of weather.

Old Post 12-10-2018 09:05 PM
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Help

The not so smart. I have a nitech with 4 wins towards grand. If not finished this month what will it take next year under new format?

Old Post 12-10-2018 09:20 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You will need 8 champion class cast wins or 4 more. You need to get that last first place Nt Ch class win before Jan 1st. After Jan 1st you won't need 5 first place cast wins but any 8 cast wins. And after Jan 1st, you might have to hunt against any Gr Nts that show up to hunt for performance points.

Old Post 12-10-2018 09:29 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
That is a combination of 1/2 mine and 1/2 his blood. I can't believe that an old guy like you was out in that kind of weather.

After the wind died down someone remarked how nice it was now. I was thinking the same thing until I read the temp in the truck. It was actually fairly nice and comfortable considering.

Old Post 12-10-2018 09:38 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Grandnt5, congratulations, Boone sounds like my kind of dog. Dave

Old Post 12-10-2018 10:07 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Here you go Chuck. This was published in the December Issue of COONHOUND BLOODLINES in my Advisor Column. While this topic pertains to Hall of Fame criteria, the same applies to Grand Nite wins on record that will go towards GRNITE2, 3, 4 etc... In other words, a Grand Nite that has 15 Grand wins on their record would become a GRNITECH3.

Hall of Fame Criteria
Q: UKC will now be offering a title of Hall of Fame for dogs who have accrued a total of 50 cast wins. Will those cast wins earned under the past format (before 2019), where the dog did not place in the event, count towards those 50 cast wins?

A: A total of 50 cast wins may not be exactly true when it comes to those dogs that already had some nite hunt history prior to 2019. It would be nearly impossible to go back and research every single cast win a dog may have earned that did not result in placing in the event. Therefore, UKC will not be doing that.

Instead, the formula by which a Hall of Fame title will be issued is when a dog has earned the degree of GRNITECH5, plus five more cast wins. This would in fact amount to a total of 50 cast wins for any dog that had no nite hunt history prior to 2019. When you do the math;

five cast wins to make Nite Champion, plus eight cast wins to make Grand Nite Champion, plus eight cast wins for each of the GRNITECH2, 3, 4 and 5, plus five more cast wins; adds up to a grand total of 50.

Thanks Allen! That’s what I was looking for.

Old Post 12-11-2018 01:33 AM