UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Purina Points Standings
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Maybe a hunt where the best of the best compete for a purse not just show up to collect a check without even winning a cast because they are the only one of their breed to show up.
because i cant run the purnia with my x-bred i have been thinking about buying training up one of those leapard currs / hounds for that very reason .lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:39 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
because i cant run the purnia with my x-bred i have been thinking about buying training up one of those leapard currs / hounds for that very reason .lol

Another issue altogether they will take your entry money you could win all sorts of State Championships and even the World and not ever get a ticket to this hunt even if you feed that 800lbs of Purina a year.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:44 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Don't they already have a "best of best" hunt? I think that they call it the World Championship. The Purina Race is an entirely different format. It is a year long "race" which stimulates attendance at the State Hunts and Breed Days. The Purina National Hunt is the culmination of that year long race. The Hunt at the end in turn stimulates interest and attendance in the race by all breeds. It isn't just the big hunt at the end, it is the year long race.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-10-2018 at 03:52 AM

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:49 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, everyone asked for a National Race where a running tally of scores was kept during the year and a big hunt for money at the end. Well we got it and now some are complaining and we haven't even had the first hunt. If you want to hunt in the big hunt, attend the Purina Hunts that qualify and win your cast.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-10-2018 at 04:08 AM

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:05 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

The Purina Series is different than most events. It's about ALL seven breeds, and a competition within those specific breeds. It's not about dogs in one breed having more points than dogs of another breed.

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:24 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Breeds ? Competition ? Kinda like me I wanted them to put me in the special class in school where all I had to do was color to make straight A's lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, are you saying that the "off color breeds" are "special"? Oh my goodness, that is the way to win friends and influence people. Just call their favorite breed of Coonhound "special". Won't that just alienate a whole bunch of coonhunters? I guess that since you hunt walkers and you are the World authority on coonhounds, they must be the best and everybody else's dog is "special".

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:15 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Some people just choose the path less traveled. Nothing like showing up at the world hunt and being the world champ of your breed when you get there never seen a walker do it that I remember lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:24 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, nothing like competition coonhunting for 40 years and never showing up at all. Maybe you should have been put in the "special" class.

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:31 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I just got beat but I tried but I ain't give up yet !!

Their gonna put me in the movies !

Make a big star outa me !

I am gonna hit the big time !

All I gotta do is act naturally !

Yee hah !

Tarbaby

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:36 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

According to you, all you have to do is start hunting a Redbone.

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:45 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Jennifer will be on here in a little bit and your gonna get it lol.

And how lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:50 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jen is a lot tougher that you are. Maybe if you like "competition" so much, you should get out of your own little world down there in Texas and see what is going on in the rest of the country. You don't seem to realize that I got a Redbone in the Top 20 of the World one year to win World Champion Redbone and Jared won 13th in the World with Boone one year but didn't win World Champion Redbone. I have been to and hunted in the Top 100 but didn't win World Champion Redbone. And I have actually competed in and won in the Purina Race several years. So I am actually speaking from experience and not just making things up as I go. I am posting actual facts and not the way I think it should be done to benefit myself.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-10-2018 at 04:13 PM

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:55 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
The Purina Series is different than most events. It's about ALL seven breeds, and a competition within those specific breeds. It's not about dogs in one breed having more points than dogs of another breed.

I am aware which is why I suggested maybe a few wildcard spots for dogs that had certain accomplishments during the year aka the dang WC who has 600% more points than many others and is penalized because he is a Walker. Also I seconded the motion of the man that suggested alternates for dogs that will be no shows to fill spots within the breed which could come from the next highest in their region or from the dog with the highest points overall from any region within their breed that didn't get a ticket from being in the top 4. It is not hard to look at the list and see that certain regions are much more competitive than others. Filling what would be an empty spot to give someone a chance that just because of their location they didn't get in a shot. Many of those are supporters of Purina events you can tell by their points, they just happen to live in a much more competitive area than others.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:22 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Jen is a lot tougher that you are. Maybe if you like "competition" so much, you should get out of your own little world down there in Texas and see what is going on in the rest of the country. You don't seem to realize that I got a Redbone in the Top 20 of the World one year to win World Champion Redbone and Jared won 13th in the World with Boone one year but didn't win World Champion Redbone. I have been to and hunted in the Top 100 but didn't win World Champion Redbone. And I have actually competed in and won in the Purina Race several years. So I am actually speaking from experience and not just making things up as I go. I am posting actual facts and not the way I think it should be done to benefit myself.

I am in Oklahoma lol. Richard I may as well say it I can't count the dogs I have qualified now the difference is it was a selling point for me my money was in the bank while the guys that bought those dogs was up there getting beat !! I was after that dollar so in theory I got paid well for my efforts.

I like money.

Tar

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:33 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Don't they already have a "best of best" hunt? I think that they call it the World Championship. The Purina Race is an entirely different format. It is a year long "race" which stimulates attendance at the State Hunts and Breed Days. The Purina National Hunt is the culmination of that year long race. The Hunt at the end in turn stimulates interest and attendance in the race by all breeds. It isn't just the big hunt at the end, it is the year long race. [/QUOTE
]

Nestle Purina PetCare, in conjunction with the United Kennel Club, established the Purina Award for the Outstanding UKC Nite Hunt Coonhound of the Year.

Purina recognizes the immense interest in the sport of Coonhound Nite Hunt competition and the tremendous amount of time spent by competitors in working with and training their dogs. The Purina Outstanding UKC Nite Hunt Award was established to honor the country’s outstanding coonhound and give recognition to the owner and handler.

When dogs like the current World Champion some of his final 4 cast mates are eliminated because of their breed and location I wouldn't consider this hunt a true recognition of the Outstanding Coonhound of the Year. JMO.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:42 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
....I like money......
Tar

Oh my goodness, then it isn't about the "competition" for you. It is all about how much money you can get out of it. Now I am beginning to understand where you are coming from. There is just a lot more money in walker dogs. It isn't about the love of hounds or personal bond with your hound or personal satisfaction. I guess that is why you see yourself as the spokesman for younger hunters. According to you they are just all about winning money.

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:48 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Fair enough.

Old Post 12-10-2018 04:50 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, then it isn't about the "competition" for you. It is all about how much money you can get out of it. Now I am beginning to understand where you are coming from. There is just a lot more money in walker dogs. It isn't about the love of hounds or personal bond with your hound or personal satisfaction. I guess that is why you see yourself as the spokesman for younger hunters. According to you they are just all about winning money.

No I love my dogs !! Let's crunch numbers if you win it you win $5,000.

1. How much is it going to cost you to win it ?

Nothing wrong with having goals where I am at there are limited purina hunts I buy a good prospect in 60 to 90 days placed in a few selected hunts I might make a couple grand profit and the owner will get to go compete at the level you like to compete at these dogs have fed my family when it was much needed.

Tar

Old Post 12-10-2018 05:10 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
No I love my dogs !!
Let's crunch numbers if you win it you win $5,000.
1. How much is it going to cost you to win it ?
Tar

Tarbaby, do you love your dogs or love how much money that you can make off of them?
Let's see hmmmm, how much will I win if I take my female out pleasre hunting tonight? How much will it cost me in gas and wear/tear on my equipment? Oh my goodness, I had better just stay home. If you did not make any money hunting, would you still hunt?

Old Post 12-10-2018 05:23 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Also I seconded the motion of the man that suggested alternates for dogs that will be no shows to fill spots within the breed which could come from the next highest in their region or from the dog with the highest points overall from any region within their breed that didn't get a ticket from being in the top 4.

Jen-
I wonder why there is a top 5 listed for each breed if they are only taking 4 ? do you know?

Old Post 12-11-2018 06:10 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Personal recognition....

Old Post 12-11-2018 06:24 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Jen-
I wonder why there is a top 5 listed for each breed if they are only taking 4 ? do you know?

I have no idea but the rules just say top 4 from each last I checked.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-11-2018 08:38 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Another suggestion for the future.. after seeing that the WC doesn't have enough points to go and this whole region thing I understand the concept but those in the NW and NE many have higher scores than those in the Southern regions just breed races with top 16 or whatever then alternates to fill the spots. One other thing that would keep it competitive and let the dogs with higher accomplishments instead of just cast wins is to weight the wins. Cast winners get 10 and overall champions of certain events double or even +5. Doesn't quite seem right that an RQE win gets the same as a State Champion and definitely not the same points as a World Champion win. Just thinking out loud.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-11-2018 10:02 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Jen-

Allen ??

Old Post 12-12-2018 04:58 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote