UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Did The Dogs In Round 2 ????
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J.D.SMITH
UKC Forum Member

Did The Dogs In Round 2 ????

HUNT ALONE ?????

HOUNDS I AM HUNTING NOW ;

""NT.CH. SANDHILL CREEK LILY""
DUAL GR.CH. TRIPLE X x DUAL GR.CH. DELILAH

''triple x'' ( wld.ch. x jr) ''delilah''( wld.ch. handsome hank)

''PR'' SANDHILL CREEK LITTLE MAN
DUAL GR.CH. GET BACK JAKE x NT.CH. SANDHILL CREEK LILY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2014 02:23 PM
J.D.SMITH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.D.SMITH Click here to Send J.D.SMITH a Private Message Find more posts by J.D.SMITH Add J.D.SMITH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Yes and one of them apparantly didn't get the instructions. They had 325+

Old Post 09-19-2014 02:31 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

In the solo round if a dog catches a coon (100+). A dog has to strike AND tree a coon in the solo round ......(225+) .

Old Post 09-19-2014 02:59 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I thought that they just had to get plus points. I should think that if they were fast enough to catch one, that would be even better.

Old Post 09-19-2014 03:15 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stacey Welch
UKC Forum Member

Not surprising Big Mike even had a higher score by himself. I've been told he can put on a coon dog clinic some nights. I believe Dick is not a stranger to the World Championship either.

Old Post 09-19-2014 03:16 PM
Stacey Welch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stacey Welch Click here to Send Stacey Welch a Private Message Click Here to Email Stacey Welch Find more posts by Stacey Welch Add Stacey Welch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I thought that they just had to get plus points. I should think that if they were fast enough to catch one, that would be even better.

Yes they just have to get above the board.

Old Post 09-19-2014 03:27 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

The dog has to strike AND tree a coon. Getting above board is not good enuff.....

Old Post 09-19-2014 03:55 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dane w
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Stacey Welch
Not surprising Big Mike even had a higher score by himself. I've been told he can put on a coon dog clinic some nights. I believe Dick is not a stranger to the World Championship either.
X -2 Dick has been there and done that, and I guarantee Dick and Mike are both well prepared!!

Old Post 09-19-2014 04:04 PM
dane w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dane w Click here to Send dane w a Private Message Click Here to Email dane w Find more posts by dane w Add dane w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
The dog has to strike AND tree a coon. Getting above board is not good enuff.....

I was always told prior to leaving you have 2 hours to get a total score of plus point. They never mentioned anything about striking AND treeing.

Anyways I don't have to worry about it

Old Post 09-19-2014 04:06 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Guys i was judge of Mike in late round. He did catch coon in first 5 min of hunt giving him 100+ .We were told that a dog must strike and tree and have coon to advance. In judges meeting it was specifically talked about in the same exact situation that this happened. Dog had to be above board and score coon on tree to advance. Thats why he scored what he did. All aside hes a coon treeing machine. Nice hound

2021 UKC National Grand Nite Ch
' Indiana Outlaw'
Co owned with Alan Holding

PKC Ch Nite Ch PR Backwoods Okie

Old Post 09-19-2014 04:12 PM
J Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Cooper Click here to Send J Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email J Cooper Find more posts by J Cooper Add J Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Todd I agree with you. If Allen wouldnt of covered that in meeting i would of finished it in 5 min. Instead old pokey Mike used 22 min to score on 2 coons and me the criteria to advance

' Indiana Outlaw'

Old Post 09-19-2014 04:19 PM
J Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Cooper Click here to Send J Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email J Cooper Find more posts by J Cooper Add J Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Coop

You get to Judge tonite to?

Thanks

Old Post 09-19-2014 04:26 PM
J Cooper
UKC Forum Member

No sir. Im back in Chicago now. I could only make one night. Its that dang work,family and sat golf outing thing.

' Indiana Outlaw'

Old Post 09-19-2014 04:30 PM
JimF
UKC Forum Member

Mister prostock I am the owner of the female who withdrew. We make no excuses for our dog. She didn't have a great night but my handler hunted her very hard to get her ready. Like the old saying goes they are just dogs. I think it's a great accomplishment to get as far as she did. We are very proud of her and she has had a great year in the few hunts she has been. Guys like you don't need to come on her and be disrespectful.

Old Post 09-19-2014 05:01 PM
JimF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JimF Click here to Send JimF a Private Message Click Here to Email JimF Find more posts by JimF Add JimF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB PITCREW
UKC Forum Member

Good Job!

quote:
Originally posted by JimF
Mister prostock I am the owner of the female who withdrew. We make no excuses for our dog. She didn't have a great night but my handler hunted her very hard to get her ready. Like the old saying goes they are just dogs. I think it's a great accomplishment to get as far as she did. We are very proud of her and she has had a great year in the few hunts she has been. Guys like you don't need to come on her and be disrespectful.

Congratulations on making it as far as you did! She will be the World Champion English female wont she? They all have their off nights I don't care what dog it is...there's a bunch of handlers waking up today praying tonight isn't their dogs night.

Home of Previous #1 Reproducing English Coonhound 15.49%
GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Briar Valley Nite Prowler "semen stored”
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz "semen stored”
'PR' Northridge JoJoe's Blue Thunder
'PR' Northridge Icky’s Old Sandy

ENGLISH HOUNDS SINCE 1969....If you breed for papers instead of traits,You deserve what you end up with...Kelley Stagner

RIP........................................
GRNTCH GRCH Briar Valley Nite Prowler
GRNTCH GRCH Wilcox's Thunder JoJoe
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge Red Loopy
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge JoJo's Feebie
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz
GRNTCH CH Northridge Jo Joe’s Icky

Old Post 09-19-2014 05:31 PM
JB PITCREW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB PITCREW Click here to Send JB PITCREW a Private Message Find more posts by JB PITCREW Add JB PITCREW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nodak
UKC Forum Member

X2!!

Old Post 09-19-2014 05:45 PM
nodak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nodak Click here to Send nodak a Private Message Click Here to Email nodak Find more posts by nodak Add nodak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I think that would be the most stressful round of the whole weekend..... Seems so easy, just go tree a coon.... but a lot of stuff could go wrong; coon not moving, rain/weather, get dryholed by a guide, trees too leafy/can't find the coon, den tree, hole in the ground, dog decides to tree a slick, now you have to tree 2 coon to get ahead, tough judge minuses a tree, same story. A hundred things could go awry and you could be eliminated in what would seem to be the "easy round".

Congrats on getting her that far! Vast majority of hunters will never get near that far, especially the computer hunters.

Old Post 09-19-2014 06:35 PM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Burchel Davis
UKC Forum Member

I've heard for years that even a poodle could tree a coon in our country! lol

Old Post 09-19-2014 10:46 PM
Burchel Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Burchel Davis Click here to Send Burchel Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Burchel Davis Find more posts by Burchel Davis Add Burchel Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Congratulations on getting this far it is an accomplishment and not an easy thing to do. I would be real proud if it was me and my hound.

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 09-19-2014 11:11 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by prostockpat
Am I reading/comprehending right.....Did 1 wd{with draw} hunting alone?
And 1 had 0 hunting alone? LOL

I have only tried to go once. My gyp finished 2nd in her zone by treeing coons by herself. She won early Friday by treeing coon by herself. I went out on the round by my self. She treed a coon that the guide found and showed me. The judge never seen it. So I didn't get to advance. It happens to the best of them.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-20-2014 02:43 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGWOODCNDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Are lazer pointers allowed for the use of finding your coon ? You could pinpoint the coons location. Not saying there are crooked people at hunts.....lol.....( that never happens ).....it just might make it easier to prove your dog did its part. Might keep your good dog from getn robbed by a biased judge.

Old Post 09-20-2014 04:20 AM
BIGWOODCNDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGWOODCNDAWGS Click here to Send BIGWOODCNDAWGS a Private Message Click Here to Email BIGWOODCNDAWGS Find more posts by BIGWOODCNDAWGS Add BIGWOODCNDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BIGWOODCNDAWGS
Are lazer pointers allowed for the use of finding your coon ? You could pinpoint the coons location. Not saying there are crooked people at hunts.....lol.....( that never happens ).....it just might make it easier to prove your dog did its part. Might keep your good dog from getn robbed by a biased judge.

Yes they can be used but they want help a blind cast see a coon. It might pin point one for someone that really cant pick it out.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-20-2014 04:28 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy Beckham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by prostockpat
Am I reading/comprehending right.....Did 1 wd{with draw} hunting alone?
And 1 had 0 hunting alone? LOL

Was you there? Do you know what happened?
They made it a lot farther than most of us reading this thread.

PKC CH, GRNITECH Beckham's Hillbilly Bones

Old Post 09-20-2014 04:34 AM
Billy Beckham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Beckham Click here to Send Billy Beckham a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Beckham Find more posts by Billy Beckham Add Billy Beckham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prostockpat
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Billy Beckham
Was you there? Do you know what happened?
They made it a lot farther than most of us reading this thread.

Thanks peanut section...........all the drama is gone as that was yesterday.
Btw;I deleted my "question" to stop the pot stirring.

'Pr' Nitech. Stylish Clover Shark Jill
Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch
Queen of hunt TWBFA Walker Sectional.Franklin Co. Coonhunters{Oh.}2013.

Last edited by prostockpat on 09-20-2014 at 03:36 PM

Old Post 09-20-2014 05:09 AM
prostockpat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prostockpat Click here to Send prostockpat a Private Message Click Here to Email prostockpat Find more posts by prostockpat Add prostockpat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote