UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > New world record wolf
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
VICKY B
UKC Forum Member

New world record wolf

I don't know if anyone else is interested but this thing is unbelieveable, not really beagle related.. click on the link. scroll down page to the picture.

http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpr...cord-wolf-kill/

Last edited by VICKY B on 02-04-2010 at 02:09 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-04-2010 12:36 AM
VICKY B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VICKY B Click here to Send VICKY B a Private Message Visit VICKY B's homepage! Find more posts by VICKY B Add VICKY B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Albert Fulton
UKC Forum Member

Vicky B ; I have the Holland Tunnel for sale.Would you be interested in buying it for 100 bucks ?

Old Post 02-04-2010 01:05 AM
Albert Fulton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Albert Fulton Click here to Send Albert Fulton a Private Message Click Here to Email Albert Fulton Find more posts by Albert Fulton Add Albert Fulton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jim matuszewski
UKC Forum Member

Great pic. wow huge. this is on topic every weekend of summer bear training season here in wi. at least one bear hound was killed by wolfes.I use to free run my dogs behind my house if I was out doing yard work untill last year when I lost my best female and a young male off her right before dark one night.wis.dnr sez target population is 350-400 now were over 1000 and feds. won't unlist them dnr say there hands are tied till they are delisted. I grant you thisIf this trend keeps up delisted or not the population will come down!

Old Post 02-04-2010 01:11 AM
jim matuszewski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jim matuszewski Click here to Send jim matuszewski a Private Message Click Here to Email jim matuszewski Visit jim matuszewski's homepage! Find more posts by jim matuszewski Add jim matuszewski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VICKY B
UKC Forum Member

Albert, maybe it is a hoax. I don't know. I read the stuff under pic and sounds true. Guess you have to decide for yourself.

Old Post 02-04-2010 01:20 AM
VICKY B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VICKY B Click here to Send VICKY B a Private Message Visit VICKY B's homepage! Find more posts by VICKY B Add VICKY B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny King
UKC Forum Member

That picture has been going around for awile now almost over a year

Old Post 02-04-2010 01:24 AM
Danny King is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny King Click here to Send Danny King a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny King Find more posts by Danny King Add Danny King to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VICKY B
UKC Forum Member

http://www.grimsmonstermix.com/

This pic is 100% real. The story of this wolf is in the Fall Edition on "Big Buck Magazine". Jim Johnston killed this wolf in Glenevis, Alberta
in early May. The wolf weighed approx. 197 pounds, and is still waiting to be scored. The man in the picture is Jeff Grimolfson, whoowns White Claw Outfitters in Alberta. In the magazine there is a 2nd pic of the wolf being held up by Jim Johnston. You can pick up a copy of this magazine at any book store, it is published in the US and Canada. P.S. they got the whole hunt on tape, and it will beshown on "The Hunting Chronicles" TV show, There is an article in the fall issue of Big Buck, which I have on my lap as I am writing this. The photos in Big Buck are not the same as you posted. The wolf looks a little bigger and darker in your picture, so maybe someone Photoshopped it a little, but nonetheless it's obvious it's the same wolf and same hunter as featured in Big Buck. Big Buck is a magazine that focuses on monster whitetail and mulies, so the occasional story they do about something else will not receive that high a profile in the magazine. The article was buried in the back couple of pages.
# Posted By hiSunglasses Coupons | 1/28/10 10:47 AM
No, sorry - the wolf is real - the weight is real - it has not been photoshopped - it is in the Feb/Mar issue of North American Hunter on page 80. It was in Alberta, Canada while these 2 guys were on a bear hunt. It has been weighed and the skull is going to be dried and measured and they feel that it is close to the new world record. Three days after that - they shot the big black bear they'd originally been hunting for.

# Posted By Jake Wolfe | 1/30/10 12:58 PM
north american hunter magazine has the story in the feb edition.

Last edited by VICKY B on 02-04-2010 at 01:56 AM

Old Post 02-04-2010 01:29 AM
jim matuszewski
UKC Forum Member

Iguess in Ohio it's more inportant about the authenticity of a wolf pic then the reallity of what there introduction of wolfsis doing to hounds men up here well anyhow 100#-200# maybe Ohio needs the majestic beauty of a few hundred wolfs

Old Post 02-04-2010 01:48 AM
jim matuszewski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jim matuszewski Click here to Send jim matuszewski a Private Message Click Here to Email jim matuszewski Visit jim matuszewski's homepage! Find more posts by jim matuszewski Add jim matuszewski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradH
UKC Forum Member

The reason the authenticity of it is important is in Ohio you don't generally hear about a wolf or any wild dog going anywhere near 200 pounds the biggest thing we have are coyotes that are 35-40 pounds.

I could only imagine how horrible it would be to run hounds up there with those things around heck I worry about my hounds running in area's with very many coyotes don't know what I would do if a pack of those came in.

No we don't need wolves truth be told we don't really need the amount of coyotes we have or red tailed hawks for that matter.

Last edited by Jed Nichols on 02-04-2010 at 01:18 PM

Old Post 02-04-2010 02:24 AM
BradH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradH Click here to Send BradH a Private Message Click Here to Email BradH Visit BradH's homepage! Find more posts by BradH Add BradH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rabbitslayer23
UKC Forum Member

hey, it seems real, also read the posts about it, they get real interesting, some real dandy's to be a fact, peta just loves stories like these.

P.s check out the funny poem at the end of the responses.

James Tordecci

Last edited by Rabbitslayer23 on 02-04-2010 at 02:33 AM

Old Post 02-04-2010 02:24 AM
Rabbitslayer23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rabbitslayer23 Click here to Send Rabbitslayer23 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rabbitslayer23 Find more posts by Rabbitslayer23 Add Rabbitslayer23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hilljack10
UKC Forum Member

This pic is also in the North American Hunter.Killed by Jeff Grimolfson.Weighted 197lbs.Waiting on the skull to dry and be measured.

Old Post 02-04-2010 02:28 AM
hilljack10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilljack10 Click here to Send hilljack10 a Private Message Click Here to Email hilljack10 Find more posts by hilljack10 Add hilljack10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VICKY B
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jim matuszewski
Iguess in Ohio it's more inportant about the authenticity of a wolf pic then the reallity of what there introduction of wolfsis doing to hounds men up here well anyhow 100#-200# maybe Ohio needs the majestic beauty of a few hundred wolfs

Jim you sound angry, no one feels sorry for the wolf, and yes it must be horrible to deal with wolfs and your dogs.

Last edited by VICKY B on 02-04-2010 at 02:58 AM

Old Post 02-04-2010 02:54 AM
mike mace
UKC Forum Member

wolf

read doggydogs post on this link funny stuff,i couldnt quit laughing long enough to read it to my buddy

Old Post 02-04-2010 03:52 AM
mike mace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike mace Click here to Send mike mace a Private Message Click Here to Email mike mace Find more posts by mike mace Add mike mace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradH
UKC Forum Member

I love all the people saying it's fake on that blog if it's fake then North American Hunter as well as several other newspapers and magazines are going to have to print retractions or at least apologies.

Could you imagine the damage a pack of these could do.

Old Post 02-04-2010 07:40 AM
BradH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradH Click here to Send BradH a Private Message Click Here to Email BradH Visit BradH's homepage! Find more posts by BradH Add BradH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fred Hwkins
UKC Forum Member

Questionable HOAX

If it is in fact a hoax, the North American Hunting Club is include alos as this picture made their monthly magazine publication.

Not sure either way but I read about it in the North American Hunter, this months issue.

Jerimiah 17:7 - Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD whose confidence is in Him.

Happy Beagling and God Bless from,
Dusty Road Beagles

Old Post 02-04-2010 07:55 AM
Fred Hwkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fred Hwkins Click here to Send Fred Hwkins a Private Message Find more posts by Fred Hwkins Add Fred Hwkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote