UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Say Hello to the New Beagles Forum
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Say Hello to the New Beagles Forum

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKCbeagles/

Tired of sifting through all the spam on this forum? We are! We held a meeting today to discuss this issue and came up with the idea of trying to move away from this forum to a replacement on facebook. We'll see how it works. Try it. I've sent a bunch of friend requests to the group. If you weren't one of those please send a request and we'll get you added. Basically has the same rules as this forum and should be used for the same purposes. It's also where I will go to answer questions and provide links to UKC Beagle related items.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2017 10:17 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaglerMc
UKC Forum Member

Will the schedule still be posted here like its been?

Old Post 08-23-2017 01:43 PM
beaglerMc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaglerMc Click here to Send beaglerMc a Private Message Click Here to Email beaglerMc Find more posts by beaglerMc Add beaglerMc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pztrailman
UKC Forum Member

Not everyone does Facebook. I posted early I would be more than happy to help delete the spam post. I don't think letting the spammers push us to Facebook is the answer.

Old Post 08-24-2017 01:52 AM
pztrailman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pztrailman Click here to Send pztrailman a Private Message Click Here to Email pztrailman Find more posts by pztrailman Add pztrailman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick weatherwax
UKC Forum Member

I agree everybody don't do facebook

Old Post 08-25-2017 12:44 AM
rick weatherwax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick weatherwax Click here to Send rick weatherwax a Private Message Click Here to Email rick weatherwax Find more posts by rick weatherwax Add rick weatherwax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by beaglerMc
Will the schedule still be posted here like its been?

Yes, the website will stay and the event schedule lives in the same place.

We're aware that not everyone has/does Facebook. You might consider trying it? If you can access this forum you'll be able to set up an account. It's not hard at all. Comes with a lot more features and notifications at your fingertips. It is where most everything is shifting to these days.

Old Post 08-25-2017 02:27 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Fakebook

If I have to go to fake book I'm done with this one!......cotton

Old Post 08-30-2017 04:57 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Welshman
New UKC Forum Member

Facebook

Facebook is for ***s!

Old Post 08-30-2017 11:20 AM
Welshman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Welshman Click here to Send Welshman a Private Message Click Here to Email Welshman Find more posts by Welshman Add Welshman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Welshman
New UKC Forum Member

Facebook

Facebook is for girls or boys who want to be girls

Old Post 08-30-2017 11:23 AM
Welshman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Welshman Click here to Send Welshman a Private Message Click Here to Email Welshman Find more posts by Welshman Add Welshman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson Boys
UKC Forum Member

We don't do face book either....sure hope we don't need to. Seems like something could be done with all this spam crap

Bills cell # (614)965-2643

Old Post 08-30-2017 08:07 PM
Jackson Boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson Boys Click here to Send Jackson Boys a Private Message Click Here to Email Jackson Boys Find more posts by Jackson Boys Add Jackson Boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaglerMc
UKC Forum Member

Yall should give the fb thing a try. A lot more options, a larger audience, and easy to post pics and videos.

Old Post 08-30-2017 09:04 PM
beaglerMc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaglerMc Click here to Send beaglerMc a Private Message Click Here to Email beaglerMc Find more posts by beaglerMc Add beaglerMc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

I don't know why I ended up on the beagle page but if the beagle page is moved to facebook what is to stop the rest of the ukc forum from going to facebook? I also don't use Facebook and can't understand why if spammers can be blocked from the facebook site why they can't be blocked from this forum as well. Instead of moving the discussions or topics of this forum to facebook why not implement a stronger screening process on the ukc forum to block spammers here. If it can be done on facebook then it can be done here. Facebook may be easier for some and some may use Facebook but all members here don't. The members here have been pretty loyal or at least it seems so to me so why not try to work on this forum for those?

I read a post above where someone volunteered to delete the post made by spammers. I also get on this site daily and wouldn't care to help delete them if I could.

Hunt em hard, cull em harder

Last edited by Luther's Fiest on 09-01-2017 at 04:36 AM

Old Post 09-01-2017 04:33 AM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Kerns
UKC Forum Member

I do facebook but I much prefer this format for a forum. On this site you can scan down a page and quickly see what the topic is and who post it. If you have interest you open it. Otherwise pass it by. On facebook you have to scroll down the page and look at pictures and subject matter that is of no interest to you in the effort to find something you may want to read about. If there is another method on facebook, someone let me know where it is on the ukc page.
I am happy to see that someone cleaned up this page. Thank you. I hope we continue to use this forum.

Old Post 09-05-2017 09:44 PM
Chuck Kerns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Kerns Click here to Send Chuck Kerns a Private Message Click Here to Email Chuck Kerns Find more posts by Chuck Kerns Add Chuck Kerns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rabbithunter10
UKC Forum Member

I think trying the facebook thing out was a good idea. Making a facebook account is very easy.

Old Post 09-12-2017 03:25 PM
rabbithunter10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rabbithunter10 Click here to Send rabbithunter10 a Private Message Click Here to Email rabbithunter10 Find more posts by rabbithunter10 Add rabbithunter10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Spam

Allen,why don't you just be upfront, and tell every one ukc doesn't want to put the time energy and resources into policing its own board? Instead it's much easier to let another forum do it for you........cotton

Old Post 09-15-2017 04:01 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Spam

Btt

Old Post 09-15-2017 03:04 PM
gemma23426
UKC Forum Member

Re: Facebook

quote:
Originally posted by Welshman
Facebook is for girls or boys who want to be girls

You rip it

Old Post 11-01-2017 08:11 AM
gemma23426 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gemma23426 Click here to Send gemma23426 a Private Message Click Here to Email gemma23426 Visit gemma23426's homepage! Find more posts by gemma23426 Add gemma23426 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote