UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha 200I Help
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Alpha 200I Help

Got my New Alpha 200I a week or two ago, and I am a little disappointed at the clarity of the screen. I purchased the Huntview map for Ohio that you can purchase via microchip and installed so that I'm not downloading Birdseye every night I hunt a new location.

The Alpha 100 screen (though smaller) is much easier to see (clearer) than the 200I screen.

Is there anything I can change to make the colors on the screen appear brighter than they are using factory settings??

If not, Im thinking I should have just kept my Alpha 100

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2021 10:38 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAG
UKC Forum Member

Alpha 200i

You are correct the map clarity is terrible and the dog tracks don't stand out!

I too am disappointed!

PC

Old Post 01-19-2021 08:53 PM
TAG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAG Click here to Send TAG a Private Message Find more posts by TAG Add TAG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seth isch
UKC Forum Member

Blurry

I was told today that Garmin knows of this issue and will be fixing it in the near future. Seth

I MAY HAVE A NICE HOUND FOR SALE FROM TIME TO TIME.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
GRNTCH RED RUBY HARDTIME JAKE
GRNTCH PKC CH BIG HOLLOW AWESOME LEXUS
GRNTCH HARDTIME HADDIE
CH PR SANDHILL LITTLE SHEBA
CH PR HIGH VOLTAGE ROCKSY

Old Post 01-21-2021 02:47 AM
seth isch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for seth isch Click here to Send seth isch a Private Message Click Here to Email seth isch Find more posts by seth isch Add seth isch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Seth, Do you know if they will go back and fix the ones they already sold? Or are we early purchasers stuck with a product we are not real happy with??

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-22-2021 10:20 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Rocket man. I am sure any fix will be handled with an update. Everything will be fine.

Old Post 01-23-2021 01:38 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

Why do they keep pushing these products through with flaws. They claim they are tested 1st. Heck Zepp did a 3 page write up on how great the new alpha was you telling me know one noticed. I always wait a yr before I get a new product they release.

Old Post 01-23-2021 01:17 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by River Birch Run
Why do they keep pushing these products through with flaws. They claim they are tested 1st. Heck Zepp did a 3 page write up on how great the new alpha was you telling me know one noticed. I always wait a yr before I get a new product they release.

There aren稚 many manufactured products that don稚 go through the process of discovering flaws and imperfections in the initial issue of a new product in the field. Just the way it is. Garmin is a reputable company and I知 sure they understand they stand to be the biggest losers if they don稚 resolve their product issues. From what I see they致e always responded quickly to what needs to be revised and done a great job at resolving issues for the majority of their users.

The best place to voice your concerns is with the distributors of their product. They池e often the ones that stand to loose out the most with the unhappy consumer and also are likely to get a quicker response from the manufacturer.

Old Post 01-24-2021 07:10 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

A big Thanks To All who posted a response. I sure appreciate the input from our distributors and i trust what your telling me. if it can be addressed with an update that will be just awesome, Thanks Again every one, I will be looking forward to that update!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-25-2021 03:21 AM
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

it is A cheaper to have the product field engineer than to paid for a top in house engineer LOL LOL

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 01-26-2021 07:59 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScCoonHunter87
New UKC Forum Member

Sale it and get a dogtra. I could make a Killin saling dogtras. My buddies have garmin and I had one for five years. Got tired of loosing communication with my dog all the time. The maps sucked and the screen is way to small. The new dogtra se kit with the cat s61 phone is the way to go. I hunted Saturday night with my buddies once the dogs broke the 900 yard mark the garmins couldn't keep communication while my dogtra never lost communication with my dog. Better map and control over your dog. Just my 2 cents.

Old Post 02-01-2021 02:03 PM
ScCoonHunter87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScCoonHunter87 Click here to Send ScCoonHunter87 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScCoonHunter87 Find more posts by ScCoonHunter87 Add ScCoonHunter87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I have seen that dogtra in action and can say that screen is really nice. My alpha stays connected to about a mile routinely so distance is not near as big an issue as the quality of the screen. But I do appreciate your recommendation.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 02-02-2021 11:48 PM
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

Will it work on any Cat phone? Does it use data on the phone
?

Old Post 02-03-2021 01:05 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScCoonHunter87
New UKC Forum Member

Not sure about any cat phone. My kit came with the s61. I do know they have another phone s41 or something like that. The only difference I can see between the two in the infrared camera on the s61. I have an unlimited data plan and turn the hot spot on my android phone to connect the cat phone. The cat phone works offline just have to know where you are going ahead of time and get the maps setup while you have service. I love mine and got a whole new system to what the new gamin 200i handheld cost

Old Post 02-03-2021 01:50 PM
ScCoonHunter87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScCoonHunter87 Click here to Send ScCoonHunter87 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScCoonHunter87 Find more posts by ScCoonHunter87 Add ScCoonHunter87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Rocketman

Garmin came out with an update (3.2) to allow the customer to select collar brightness on the map.

From your map page select
Menu bars
map setup
advanced
map color brightness
Then make our selection on brightness.

Old Post 02-03-2021 05:47 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Use web updater or garmin express and update it. I can't tell why without being there.

Old Post 02-03-2021 06:55 PM
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

I did the update last night . Either I知 not doing something right or I知 disappointed with Garmin ! If I did it right I would advise everyone to save their money !

Old Post 02-04-2021 01:48 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAG
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

Thank you for your assistance!!!

My 200i is up to date with 3.2 via Garmin Express and the brightness adjustment has definitely improved clarity.

You are truly an asset to those of us trying to stumble through the Garmin technology.

Thank you,
PC

Old Post 02-04-2021 01:56 PM
TAG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAG Click here to Send TAG a Private Message Find more posts by TAG Add TAG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAG
UKC Forum Member

Track Clarity

Any updates on the dog track clarity. The one update brightens the screen but dog track clarity has never been improved. Dog track colors are too earth tone and difficult to differentiate from map background. The Alpha 100 is substantially easier to view the dog tracks

I thought that Garmin would have addressed this by now??? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul

Old Post 06-24-2021 05:02 PM