UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 901 Bump Cap
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

901 Bump Cap

Is there anywhere you can still buy the old style 901 black bump cap? I have tried all the newer models and nothing wears or lasts like the older version.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2021 09:37 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Cap

Erb still makes that model bump cap I don't know if it is the same

Old Post 01-24-2021 09:45 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: 901 Bump Cap

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
Is there anywhere you can still buy the old style 901 black bump cap? I have tried all the newer models and nothing wears or lasts like the older version.

You can go on Home Depot Website and they have them for under $4.00
Good Luck
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-25-2021 12:26 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Re: 901 Bump Cap

quote:

Yes they still make them. However, they are not the same quality that you or I want. After they changed the liner that you and I want, they are no better than anything else out there. I still have one from the early 90s that I used, and it has that original good liner. I talked to ERB about this problem, even sent them my liner. It was then they acknowledged that they did go to a different liner. After all that they still would not produce that liner. Hope your hunting is going well.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 01-25-2021 01:48 PM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the replies!

Sam I am still using one of the old ones too. The inside of the newer ones is certainly not as good. We had that discussion the last time I bought a light. The light is still the best I have ever used! I was just curious if anything had changed. Hunting is good. Hunting a young dog hard. Hope you are doing well!

Old Post 01-25-2021 06:20 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: 901 Bump Cap

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Davis
Yes they still make them. However, they are not the same quality that you or I want. After they changed the liner that you and I want, they are no better than anything else out there. I still have one from the early 90s that I used, and it has that original good liner. I talked to ERB about this problem, even sent them my liner. It was then they acknowledged that they did go to a different liner. After all that they still would not produce that liner. Hope your hunting is going well.

100% Truth here ^^^^
I experienced the exact same thing . Even ordered 2 from a vendor that said they were exactly same as I had ( the OLD style 20+ years old ) but when i received em It wasnt the same liner. Go figure.
Problem with most of em these days is the liner comes loose from helmet . I use JB weld and it fixed my problem but liner is no where near as comfortable .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 01-25-2021 07:02 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Cap

The inside liner is cheap almost paper thin plastic

Old Post 01-25-2021 07:08 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Bump cap

I have always worn a belt light but have been thinking about going to a bump cap. Does the battery pack have to be mounted to the bump cap to balance the weight of the light head?

Old Post 01-25-2021 09:03 PM
Coal295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Thanks for the replies!

Sam I am still using one of the old ones too. The inside of the newer ones is certainly not as good. We had that discussion the last time I bought a light. The light is still the best I have ever used! I was just curious if anything had changed. Hunting is good. Hunting a young dog hard. Hope you are doing well!

Richie all is good. Things have changed considerably, they are now more compact, lighter and brighter. Next time you see Gary Vining ask him to show you his. Someone said Gary also got a nice young dog. Call me sometime, 731-632-0489.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 01-25-2021 10:56 PM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote