UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Steve

quote:
Originally posted by darkhollowreds
The reason why i thought it was a layup because i had him cut loose with another broke dog that had just went thru that spot and never picked up a track, the other dog just went on. What i seen Twister do was stand up on the tree and bawl locate and settle into a chop. The other dog came into Twister and backed him on the tree. Twister busted that coon if it wasnt for him that coon would still be alive. Old Daisy girl must have blessed him with a nose, and a mouth. Twister as you know is about 13 months old and he is at the point where things are starting to get interesting if ya know what i mean. He has been hard for me to break because he is so independant when another dog is running a track he dont even care to go see what they got he is to busy doing his own thing and i like that.

P.S. I cut him by himself last night he never got struck, and he never came back either he gooooes.

Ok, yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about! That's what I mean when I'm talking about them just pulling up treed. They are smelling them thru the air, no track is there. I've had Daisy just roll thru the timber slam on the breaks, send leaves flying, and going to treeing in mid-air. Sure enough get to looking around there it is on a limb, with Kitty looking at her like you've got to be crazy. Kitty will throw in there with her but she sure isn't sure of it.
I saw this pop up now and then when I first started breeding but to get it consistently was what I was striving for and it appears thru some hard breeding at least this part is coming thru pretty regular. Of course the drive to hunt has been there from the start in pretty well everyone of them. I've only had one I know of out of the last 45 or so pups that wouldn't go.
Of course some take longer than others to show certain qualities. As you know though I am getting some that are showing it pretty early now too. All the better but to me if it's really there and they are truly naturals then it's going to come out. Of course the finished products consistently winning 80 to 90% of the cast they are in isn't bad either. I think you are beginning to see some of that showing up and it sure gets interesting to see what they pull out of the magic hat next.

P.S. On down the road when you go to take him to the hunts we need to have a nice long talk about what you might see him do. I have seen mine do some things that blew the minds of some aweful nice hounds. I've even seen some get so confused they just came back and sat by us with the owners going they never do that. They aren't mean at all but they know when they are at a competition hunts. There has sure been times I was glad UKC doesn't allow you to carry guns. The dogs would make thiers looks so crazy that they wanted to shoot me and my dog.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-02-2012 12:55 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Hopeing to find the charger.

The charger to my new camera got "cleaned up". So I'm not sure where it is. As soon as I or my better half finds it I'll put some more pictures of the pups up.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-03-2012 12:10 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fedakranger123
UKC Forum Member

while on the subject,

so would i, specially since hes my upcoming pups sire

Old Post 02-03-2012 04:01 AM
fedakranger123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fedakranger123 Click here to Send fedakranger123 a Private Message Click Here to Email fedakranger123 Find more posts by fedakranger123 Add fedakranger123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fedakranger123
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pictures

quote:
I will put some up of his full brother if i can get him to hold still long enough, he is a good size dog. Cryo Joe would be a good choice to breed to, he is breed right...

gotta love how i keep hearin more and more good things about these dogs! & please do!

Old Post 02-03-2012 08:40 PM
fedakranger123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fedakranger123 Click here to Send fedakranger123 a Private Message Click Here to Email fedakranger123 Find more posts by fedakranger123 Add fedakranger123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: cryo joe

quote:
Steve hows he doing. I would like to see some pictures of him.

Well he's doing great. I still haven't really been to the woods my neck has been steadily worse. I mean bad. Drilled a hole all the way thru my finger and burned the ends off my fingers, blisters and all, and none of it really hurt, my neck hurt so much worse. As you know my main two hounds have been out of commission with pups.
Still couldn't find the charger for the camera. I've got an older camera or might buy another new one I can take to the woods without my wife being upset. Either way hope to have one up tommorrow or the next day.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 02-05-2012 at 03:51 PM

Old Post 02-05-2012 04:35 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Got another New Camera!

Well now I'll have one to use all my own. Pics coming of both litters and Cryo Joe (son of GrNtCh Ok. Twister treed first time to the woods at 4 1/2 months old), sire to NtCh. Kitty's pups. All the pups are all a growing and getting pretty LOUD when they get upset.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-06-2012 02:23 AM
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

Pictures!

Looking forward to updated pictures on the pups! Glad to hear they are doing good!

Cell- 574-538-9431

Old Post 02-06-2012 02:32 AM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Kitty's Pups.

Don't worry, the white is finger nail polish, to make sure we don't get the two litters confused at all.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-06-2012 05:25 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Daisy's pups taking a break. :)

I'll try to get some today of them up and together so you can see them better.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-06-2012 06:27 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Got some new pictures taken that should be up today.

My wife was doing her school stuff and getting the forms for the pups together. So she was on the computer all evening long and I went to sleep before she got done. I should get home before her today and be able to post them. Got some of the Harry x Daisy pups up and going instead of laying in a pile. Daisy just has so much milk until they stay satisfied all the time with a belly full and warm dry place to sleep.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-08-2012 03:45 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Here's some new ones of Daisy and Harry's pups.

Still don't have any of Cryo Joe and I need to take some of Holly. Hopefully, I can get some help in the next few days and get all that taken care of now that I've got a camera.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 02-09-2012 at 01:50 AM

Old Post 02-09-2012 01:47 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: cryo joe

quote:
Steve hows he doing. I would like to see some pictures of him.

Had my wife help me as it was getting dark. Washed him out a bit but you can see he's a nice looking hound too. You got any of Timber Twister yet? I don't know about you but when I'm getting one going most of the time pictures are about the last thing on my mind. This was the first time I'd really worked with him on showing but he likes to do what you want. Maybe I should go ahead and show him while I'm waiting for the shot in my neck.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 02-10-2012 at 01:41 AM

Old Post 02-10-2012 01:39 AM
fedakranger123
UKC Forum Member

quote:
He is a good looking hound, you can tell my pup and Joe are brothers. It looks like Joe might be a little more leggy, and my pup might be a little more stocky. One thing for sure they are nice looking red dogs. I have been keeping a eye on your thread waiting for this picture, glad you finally got it up, thanks. I will try to get a picture of Twister up soon.

same herebeen checkin everyday right after work, he is a good lookin hound was thinkin he looked rather leggy were as the pics of kitty ive seen she looks stockyer, should make good lookin dogs outa them pups too.

Old Post 02-10-2012 05:26 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

quote:
He is a good looking hound, you can tell my pup and Joe are brothers. It looks like Joe might be a little more leggy, and my pup might be a little more stocky. One thing for sure they are nice looking red dogs. I have been keeping a eye on your thread waiting for this picture, glad you finally got it up, thanks. I will try to get a picture of Twister up soon.

Daisy has definately been marking her pups. Interesting thing is this time they look quite a bit different when I bred to Harry. All the pups look the same but you call tell it's sure a different stud. It's interesting to me what uniformed pups she produces. I can't wait to get this shot in my neck and hit the woods with Daisy. I'm hoping to NtCh her and get some NtCh wins on Kitty before my neck gets to locking me up again.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-12-2012 03:01 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Steve

quote:
Originally posted by fedakranger123
same herebeen checkin everyday right after work, he is a good lookin hound was thinkin he looked rather leggy were as the pics of kitty ive seen she looks stockyer, should make good lookin dogs outa them pups too.

Yeah, the old GrNtCh Twister dog was a stockier hound. Kitty takes more after some of that while Joe is more of what the show people like. I don't car much what they look like long as they are built well enough to still go out there and woop tail at 10yrs. old and better.
These pups though are showing GrNtCh Twister a ton though. I got one male I call Big Head. Boy has he got a noggin. Of course they are so heavy on Twister until it's almost like he's thier dad. Other than Cryo Joe and his 3 brothers, these pups are the highest Twister blooded hounds there are and it sure shows.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-13-2012 08:55 PM
fedakranger123
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Steve

quote:
Originally posted by thecoondawg76
Yeah, the old GrNtCh Twister dog was a stockier hound. Kitty takes more after some of that while Joe is more of what the show people like. I don't car much what they look like long as they are built well enough to still go out there and woop tail at 10yrs. old and better.
These pups though are showing GrNtCh Twister a ton though. I got one male I call Big Head. Boy has he got a noggin. Of course they are so heavy on Twister until it's almost like he's thier dad. Other than Cryo Joe and his 3 brothers, these pups are the highest Twister blooded hounds there are and it sure shows.

awsome! glad to hear there comin along how are them females outa that litter lookin?

Old Post 02-13-2012 09:18 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Steve

quote:
Originally posted by fedakranger123
awsome! glad to hear there comin along how are them females outa that litter lookin?

O they are doing fine. All look about the same other than one that is the runt. I normally don't have those by the time they get this age but I've got one from each litter this time. It doesn't bother me, I'm pretty sure I'm even keeping the one from Daisy's litter.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-14-2012 03:46 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

The Milk Cow: Daisy

I told ya'll she puts out the milk. This was after the pups had drained her out.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-15-2012 11:13 PM
Justin_Cox
UKC Forum Member

thecoondawg76

hey please clean out your inbox, I try to send you a message back.

(A man is only as good as his word.)

AKC Dobermans

Old Post 02-16-2012 12:53 AM
Justin_Cox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_Cox Click here to Send Justin_Cox a Private Message Visit Justin_Cox's homepage! Find more posts by Justin_Cox Add Justin_Cox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Got it

It's stays so full I have a time keeping up I think it's good now.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-16-2012 01:09 AM
davecat

Steve

I dont see you complaining about drive in your dogs.Why is that? LOL Kid dont need no drive and neither does Dozer. Do you think this is luck or because that is what is bred into them? LOL I dont mean to get you involved but too many are unhappy with this breed and there is no need to be. JMO Should be another good year for treeing bears. The DNR is issuing over 2000 less bear tags this year. It will probably take 15 years to get a tag now.

Old Post 02-16-2012 09:30 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by davecat
I dont see you complaining about drive in your dogs.Why is that? LOL Kid dont need no drive and neither does Dozer. Do you think this is luck or because that is what is bred into them? LOL I dont mean to get you involved but too many are unhappy with this breed and there is no need to be. JMO Should be another good year for treeing bears. The DNR is issuing over 2000 less bear tags this year. It will probably take 15 years to get a tag now.

Dave I'm sitting here trying to think how many pups I've had come out over here. I would guess about 100 or so, most all to pleasure hunters from all breeds, from breedings I did myself, breedings to outside females, and breedings that were done by those I sold hounds too. Out of those I can think of 3 females that wouldn't get flat gone and hunt super hard the whole time and only one of which that didn't have plenty of drive. That's the Holly female I now have, who from birth was the only one that looked like the other blood brought in, and plan to sell to someone in thicker coons. She a patch type hound not a go until you tree type hound. Works fine for many but not me. I've never had a male that wouldn't flat go out of all those hounds and have had a pile that just dissappeared becuase they turned them loose on a bad night when the coons weren't moving, didn't have a tracking system, and never saw the hound again. Shoot Daisy even hunts so hard that if I try hunting her all night two nights straight without building up her feet she'll run the pads smooth off her feet as you know. I always thought this was normal. I never had a clue it wasn't. I've seen some of the nicest hounds there are of any breed go but a good bunch redbones and I thought they all went like the ones I'd seen. Like I say quite often learn something new everyday.
I know there are plenty of other hounds out there from other ones even that will go but I honestly didn't know this was as big an issue as it apparently is until more recently.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 02-17-2012 at 02:40 AM

Old Post 02-17-2012 02:34 AM
davecat

I agree

i havent seen a dog in along time that you had to walk hunt except for the first couple times I hunted Rip. I would hunt a different breed if you had to walk these dogs. They will cover everything we hunt. Thats what these Redbones always have done. I almost feel sorry for those who have a dog that wont cover much because they sure are missing out on seeing a good dog. My days of having to walk thru the woods so the dogs could strike something are long gone except when taking pups in the woods. I dont know if its the line they hunt or its the fact they only hunt once in awhile. Could be both but Im happy with mine and that is all that matters. If I had to walk the dogs thru every woods to get coon that sure would be a long nite each time. There sure arent many who agree that the breed doesnt lack drive. Will you be at the American Days hunt? I plan on being there and we will have 2 maybe 3 dogs hunting. Going to try a qualifying hunt in April with 2 dogs and with luck will try another one with another young dog. Harvest season is over and had a good season. Treed over 100 coon plus around 50 den trees, caught 2 skunks,treed 1 porky caught one porky with all the dogs and then one pup had a porky by himself. 1 coyoye chase and 2 deer races and treed 3 opposum. Forgot, treed 2 bobcat also. Both over 40 pounders. Caught one bear early on also and ran one. And the dogs got chased back by wolves once. Biggest coon was just over 30 pounds. I did harvest one opposum to mount. Never treed a domestic cat all year. Also have one skunk to mount. There was never a boring moment this year. Take care.

Old Post 02-17-2012 06:34 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Well on request here are all the mug shots of the puppies.

These are the ones from Daisy and Harry I took myself without help. So I'm not saying they are the best but you can see them. Sure interesting how uniform Daisy's pups are each litter. You can sure see the Harry in these guys though.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-18-2012 01:50 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Here's the rest I didn't realize until today you can't add but so many photos at once

And last the little female. She's got some ears too.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-18-2012 01:51 AM