UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Preston Owens/Rodeo Redbones
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Deon Collins
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Preston,
I appreciate any information on the Banjo Dogs... I agree with the go power source.. I have 2 14 month old females right now that are no reverse.. One is a Jim x May and the other is a penny x Burger Pistol.. Both have plenty of go power but others things I don’t like.. When Richard told me about Cat it really helped me find what I wanted.. I plan on taking one of the Banjo x May pups and crossing it back to Heidi’s brother... I would be interested in knowing if anyone knows much about Heidi’s side??? Also thoughts on this cross?

V/R Deon

PR CH NITECH HTX Old Time Grit TSUNAMI (2 Win Toward Grand)
PR Old Time Grit Mystique (full sister to Tsunami)
PR Old Time Grit Slick (2 First RIP) (BANJoxHeidi)
NITECH Josie (Banjo III x Heidi)
PUP Rodeo Grit MaeB (GrNT May x Pigeon River Big Jim)
PUP RODEO GRIT LUNA (Penny x Pistol)

"If a dog can't tree a Coon by itself with out another dog or the owner walking it over a track it ain't a COONDOG".

"Without Grit You Can't Have A COONDOG"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2019 04:25 PM
Deon Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deon Collins Click here to Send Deon Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email Deon Collins Find more posts by Deon Collins Add Deon Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Deon Collins
Both have plenty of go power but others things I don’t like..

Care to elaborate? I'm curious

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 01-26-2019 04:27 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deon Collins
UKC Forum Member

Things I don’t like

Luna is the Penny x Pistol female and she has a really good mouth.. Good Nose.. Smart...plenty of go power alone.. now the bad.. she is a straight chop mouth dog.. and very Junky.. I can break the junky but I just don’t want to put the time in on a young dog that is straight chop... Brett doesn’t mind a straight chop so he is taking her to hunt...

MayB is the Jim x May dog... very very loud, bawl mouth, no reverse alone.. great looking dog with long legs.. Now the bad maybe... I didn’t get her till she was 1 so I don’t know about how she was raised.. right now she is at a guys house that is only working her on treeing.. She is to loose on the tree.. If she tightens up I will push her if she don’t I won’t...She is very high strung.. Paces in the pen and chewed up the inside of my dog box on the way to Arkansa.. Time will tell.. maybe to much track and not enough tree

PR CH NITECH HTX Old Time Grit TSUNAMI (2 Win Toward Grand)
PR Old Time Grit Mystique (full sister to Tsunami)
PR Old Time Grit Slick (2 First RIP) (BANJoxHeidi)
NITECH Josie (Banjo III x Heidi)
PUP Rodeo Grit MaeB (GrNT May x Pigeon River Big Jim)
PUP RODEO GRIT LUNA (Penny x Pistol)

"If a dog can't tree a Coon by itself with out another dog or the owner walking it over a track it ain't a COONDOG".

"Without Grit You Can't Have A COONDOG"

Old Post 01-26-2019 05:14 PM
Deon Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deon Collins Click here to Send Deon Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email Deon Collins Find more posts by Deon Collins Add Deon Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

Thank you for the insight. We have one coming off pistol and talked about using Jim.

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 01-26-2019 07:11 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Deon Collins
Preston,
I appreciate any information on the Banjo Dogs... I agree with the go power source.. I have 2 14 month old females right now that are no reverse.. One is a Jim x May and the other is a penny x Burger Pistol.. Both have plenty of go power but others things I don’t like.. When Richard told me about Cat it really helped me find what I wanted.. I plan on taking one of the Banjo x May pups and crossing it back to Heidi’s brother... I would be interested in knowing if anyone knows much about Heidi’s side??? Also thoughts on this cross?

V/R Deon

I didnt hunt with her but I hunted with Derek and he is a straight up guy. I personally dont see any reason why it wouldnt be a great idea to breed one back to that side. It doesnt matter who breeds them or what they come from there are good and bad in all of them. Derek if your reading any of this stuff give me a call sometime. I've only had a couple over the years that paced and they didnt stick around. The chop mouth never bothered me much because they almost always have a great locate. Maybe not when they first start but when they finished they did.

Old Post 01-26-2019 08:52 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Line breeding

...........banjo
.....banjo3
...........meg
.son
.....hiedi

Pup

................ redman
.........timberchoppin dan
........... .. queen
.girl
.........................FB3
......................banjo
.........................Sue
...............b3
.........................redman
......................meg
..........................queen
.......Smith's banjo cat
..............heidi

Old Post 01-26-2019 09:14 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Line breeding

quote:
Originally posted by Preston Owens
...........banjo
.....banjo3
...........meg
.son
.....hiedi

Pup

................ redman
.........timberchoppin dan
........... .. queen
.girl
.........................FB3
......................banjo
.........................Sue
...............b3
.........................redman
......................meg
..........................queen
.......Smith's banjo cat
..............heidi

Then go back to another Banjo x???? Male or go the other way and go back to a female like Lucas has bred up 🤷‍♂️

Old Post 01-26-2019 09:16 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Y'all can spend the time and money to do that or you could just come get this guy.... On the trail deep and alone...

Old Post 01-26-2019 09:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Y'all can spend the time and money to do that or you could just come get this guy.... On the trail deep and alone...

😂😂😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

Old Post 01-27-2019 12:37 AM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Well

1st time in a long time I've bred a female. Made the cross I mentioned above ⬆️ hopefully she will take. Between Richard and Joe Meltons input I decided to go on and get it done. Should be some Crackerjacks

Old Post 01-29-2019 06:08 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Who is the Sire and who is the Dam?

Old Post 01-29-2019 06:16 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Fireball

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Who is the Sire and who is the Dam?

Thru and thru 😂

Old Post 01-29-2019 07:03 PM
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

preston has a few secrets up his sleeve lol he just bought a young female from me an trust me she will be one to recon with latter on. she is a coon crazy young female.

Old Post 01-29-2019 11:10 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Derek Metzler

Holler at me sometime. 8709178842

Old Post 01-30-2019 06:04 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Just picked up a pup

Off Big Jim and Mud Turtle.. Guess I'm in the Outlaw business now

Last edited by Preston Owens on 02-06-2019 at 01:25 PM

Old Post 02-06-2019 12:49 AM
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

hope your trip home went good did she haul ok?

Old Post 02-06-2019 12:13 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Trip

quote:
Originally posted by snaggles
hope your trip home went good did she haul ok?

We made it, it was a long one! I appreciate it Justin. This female does have a million dollar mouth on her!

Old Post 02-06-2019 01:26 PM
Derek Metzler
UKC Forum Member

call

thank you for the kind words. Preston i'll call you some time just got out of the mtn's bob cat hunting for the past 3 weeks. my number 8147201999 just in case i go on another hunting trip.

Old Post 02-06-2019 05:58 PM
Derek Metzler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Derek Metzler Click here to Send Derek Metzler a Private Message Find more posts by Derek Metzler Add Derek Metzler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

How

Many did ya get?

Old Post 02-06-2019 06:32 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Ember

You fellas might wanna write that name down somewhere. Talk about drive,and mouth. Sure is a nice female. I'll post some videos a little later on. Not for sale lol

Old Post 02-22-2019 03:28 PM
cooter_hunter
UKC Forum Member

What may female got bred to Jim and would throw big bawl mouths with no reverse?

Old Post 02-23-2019 04:54 PM
cooter_hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cooter_hunter Click here to Send cooter_hunter a Private Message Find more posts by cooter_hunter Add cooter_hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cooter_hunter
What may female got bred to Jim and would throw big bawl mouths with no reverse?

I think that would have to be Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight May who is a half sister to Gr.Nt.Ch. Ky Moonlight Breanna ......and the mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. and 2017 National Redbone Days Champion Moonlight Spud's Dud wouldnt it?
She was out of Dual Grand Champion Moonlight BigTime Bo.
Unless there is another May throwing pups like that...anything is possible I guess....

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 02-23-2019 07:50 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

keep me posted on ember

Old Post 02-24-2019 12:48 PM
bjenks
UKC Forum Member

May

Shane, you’re right. Moonlight May was bred to Jim and we also have some puppies out of her and some B3 semen. They’re about 5 months old right now.

(606) 585-4701
(270) 985-8558
rodeogritredbones@gmail.com

Old Post 02-24-2019 11:55 PM
bjenks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bjenks Click here to Send bjenks a Private Message Click Here to Email bjenks Find more posts by bjenks Add bjenks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

Re: May

quote:
Originally posted by bjenks
Shane, you’re right. Moonlight May was bred to Jim and we also have some puppies out of her and some B3 semen. They’re about 5 months old right now.

That's great to hear. We just bred a couple females to Dud's who is out of may...pups are not 4 months yet but sure are loud. Good luck with your pups...that bloodline has worked well for us.

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 02-25-2019 02:11 AM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote