UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Messed up situation
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Truth
UKC Forum Member

Messed up situation

If you are a member of both BBOA and BBCHA you have 3 hunts to attend March 19,20, and 21. South Boston Virginia, Ashland Ohio, and Charlottesville Virginia. How did this happen? Someone might loose out and would have been real nice for a serious competition hunter if the hunts were 3 weekends in a row in March. Just a thought! I just hope someone is not eliminating competition for their competition coon dog!

Hope everyone wins something, sort of like the kids bench show. If you get the picture.

Last edited by Truth on 02-01-2020 at 02:22 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-01-2020 02:16 AM
Truth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Truth Click here to Send Truth a Private Message Find more posts by Truth Add Truth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunts

1- BBCHA moved their spring hunt from Ohio to South Boston, but kept same dates.

2- Ashland kept same dates they had been using, but now BBOA is doing the hunt.

3- Charlottesville probably didn't realize BBCHA was making move & already had their hunt dates set up & confirmed.

Maybe next year things can get moved off same dates in Virginia. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 02-01-2020 04:00 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Just another prime example of why there should only be 1 breed association! jmo

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 02-01-2020 04:05 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Truth
UKC Forum Member

All Three Hunts

The clubs sponsoring the Hunts are all real good clubs and put on nice hunts. People just need the opportunity to attend them all. I am a member of both associations and enjoy both the same as so many people do.

TRUTH

Old Post 02-01-2020 08:27 PM
Truth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Truth Click here to Send Truth a Private Message Find more posts by Truth Add Truth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark A. Hauck
UKC Forum Member

Dan, I'll do my best to give you my response for this issue.

Ashland has had this date for well over 30 years, use to come up to it back in the early 80's and they hosted for BBCHA the spring hunt. It was and still is Ashland's date and event. When the 2 parties went different directions, Ashland chose to solicit BBOA and ask us if we would be a co-sponsor of this date and keeping in tradition of this weekend being a Bluetick event.

As for Charlottsville, VA or the Monticello CHA they have held this event for (this being ) 8 straight years !! It is one of their largest event of the year and the club voted to keep this event as a club, and knowing it is a very much attended event in their area why would they choose to go away from this date.

Now, last year in VA for this weekend dates here are the clubs having events in all of VA.

Charlottesville, VA
Red Oak, VA
Culpeper, VA
Saltville, VA - RQE

As you can see South Boston did not have an event on this date so this is a complete NEW event for them on this date and in this area. Many members of this club also know of the event at Monticello but still chose to hold an event on the same weekend ??

Why I have no idea but it is clear that Ashland is holding their regular event just changed venue's by choosing to now partner with BBOA and as for Charlottesville, VA 8 straight years of hosting this BBOA State Championship. The club was later asked but voted to keep this event by its members and they did so because this is one of the biggest events they have for the year.

I put this information here so you understand as an organization, we are excited of joining Ashland in their tradition of hosting a UKC Premier event of well over 30+ years and keeping it a Bluetick Hunt in the heartland of America, Ashland, Ohio, and our VA State Championship going on it's 8th straight year is an outstanding event in VA and the Monticello CHA and it's members.

Hope this explains some of the issues surrounding this difficult situation, and gives those asking an eye view of things.

March is a busy month here in the South, GA State Championship, Alabama State Championship, Southern English Days, and at end of the month VA State Championship. Lots of events to choose from and travel to.

GR NIte CH GR CH'PR' Dalton & Haucks BluRidge Lynn

GR Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's So Blue Queen

GR NIte Ch Rogers Blue Molly

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Daltons BluRidge Pat (Full liitermate brother to Smokey II)

Nite CH GR CH GR W CH'PR' Hauck's Carlolina Star

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Queen II (Daughter of Queen)

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Nancy Ann

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Ebony (Daughter of Ann)

Nite CH'PR' Southland's Blue River Joe (4 wins to Grand & 15 cast wins !!)

Gr Nite CH CH'PR' Blue River Little Sue (Daughter of Lynn)

Old Post 02-02-2020 05:11 PM
Mark A. Hauck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. Hauck Click here to Send Mark A. Hauck a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark A. Hauck Find more posts by Mark A. Hauck Add Mark A. Hauck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Mark thanks for the explanation on your side of things, I would also like to give a big thanks to Mr Jim Combs for taking time to personally call me & give me an explanation of how & why things are going in the direction they are.

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 02-02-2020 10:53 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

BBOA/BBCHA

I have always supported the BBOA and the BBCHA but moreover I have supported and promoted the Bluetick breed. I love to see all the Blue breed hunts but it does make it a little complicated for us wanting to make a choice. I've attended Ashland for many years and have enjoyed it for the most part although being held in North central Ohio you have to deal with the weather which is quite unpredictable at best, lol. I'm retired now and don't handle my dog in the hunts anymore but I still like to go so my friend Tim Wolfe handles my dog and does a fine job, I might ad. It's about the same distance from my house to Ashland as it is to South Boston VA, maybe just a tad further to VA and I haven't made up my mind yet on where to go. I'm just posting this to let folks know how this complicates our options and possibly someone could change things up for next year and by no means am I taking sides because like I said before, I'm a big supporter of the Bluetick breed, first and foremost. I have good friends on both sides and they all have Blueticks.

Old Post 02-04-2020 02:54 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Truth
UKC Forum Member

Thank You

Thank You to all those that responded to this inquiry.
This is just 1 very good example how we can all resolve
Questions that so many people have and how others get upset and side with negative assumptions.

Thanks again.

TRUTH

Old Post 02-07-2020 01:27 AM
Bob Gleason
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark A. Hauck
Dan, I'll do my best to give you my response for this issue.

Ashland has had this date for well over 30 years, use to come up to it back in the early 80's and they hosted for BBCHA the spring hunt. It was and still is Ashland's date and event. When the 2 parties went different directions, Ashland chose to solicit BBOA and ask us if we would be a co-sponsor of this date and keeping in tradition of this weekend being a Bluetick event.

As for Charlottsville, VA or the Monticello CHA they have held this event for (this being ) 8 straight years !! It is one of their largest event of the year and the club voted to keep this event as a club, and knowing it is a very much attended event in their area why would they choose to go away from this date.

Now, last year in VA for this weekend dates here are the clubs having events in all of VA.

Charlottesville, VA
Red Oak, VA
Culpeper, VA
Saltville, VA - RQE

As you can see South Boston did not have an event on this date so this is a complete NEW event for them on this date and in this area. Many members of this club also know of the event at Monticello but still chose to hold an event on the same weekend ??

Why I have no idea but it is clear that Ashland is holding their regular event just changed venue's by choosing to now partner with BBOA and as for Charlottesville, VA 8 straight years of hosting this BBOA State Championship. The club was later asked but voted to keep this event by its members and they did so because this is one of the biggest events they have for the year.

I put this information here so you understand as an organization, we are excited of joining Ashland in their tradition of hosting a UKC Premier event of well over 30+ years and keeping it a Bluetick Hunt in the heartland of America, Ashland, Ohio, and our VA State Championship going on it's 8th straight year is an outstanding event in VA and the Monticello CHA and it's members.

Hope this explains some of the issues surrounding this difficult situation, and gives those asking an eye view of things.

March is a busy month here in the South, GA State Championship, Alabama State Championship, Southern English Days, and at end of the month VA State Championship. Lots of events to choose from and travel to.
[/QUO

To better our breed we should all work together.. But by what we see that won't work!!!! I've been a member of both for years.. And was very excited to see BBCHA was moving a major hunt to the east not to mention with in a couple hours of my house... Charlottesville club has hosted a BBOA for years but has not been for 8 years. Our Club hosted them before them.. Now I support Charlottesville club hunt,guide and judge out of it most of the time I go there. And have made some great friends there I believe they are caught in the middle. Last year there was some ? on if they had the hunt. Answer I was told was yes not the ST Hunt but Zone 5 Championship.. and that it was the last year it would be held in our area because it has been up here to long.. Now I can't speak for Ashland.. But I will be going to South Boston hopefully to see some people that I don't see to often..

I DO AGREE IT IS MESSED UP!!!

CH GRNITECH PR'TIMBERCREEKS BLUE RUBY

Last edited by Bob Gleason on 02-07-2020 at 04:37 PM

Old Post 02-07-2020 03:45 PM
Bob Gleason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Gleason Click here to Send Bob Gleason a Private Message Click Here to Email Bob Gleason Find more posts by Bob Gleason Add Bob Gleason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark A. Hauck
UKC Forum Member

Ron & Dan, glad to answer your questions as I like to put it right out there in the open for everyone to see so there is no additional questions that may follow.

Mr Gleason, checking with the Zone 5 Chairman, the club was told that the Zone Championship would be moving as it moves throughout the Zone from year to year, but Monticello has been holding this event (VA State BBOA Championship) from the Bluebooks I have handy since 2016 and before that it was Goochland VA right down the road.

The club voted on if they should hold it or move the date and they chose to keep their event, which was their choice. It is unfortunate that different dates where not researched in the VA state area, as for Ashland its hard to drop a date you have had for over 30 years.

I hope all have a successful event, and maybe next year it can be looked at and make it so everyone can have a chance to attend all of the events offered to our members of both associations.

GR NIte CH GR CH'PR' Dalton & Haucks BluRidge Lynn

GR Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's So Blue Queen

GR NIte Ch Rogers Blue Molly

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Daltons BluRidge Pat (Full liitermate brother to Smokey II)

Nite CH GR CH GR W CH'PR' Hauck's Carlolina Star

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Queen II (Daughter of Queen)

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Nancy Ann

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Ebony (Daughter of Ann)

Nite CH'PR' Southland's Blue River Joe (4 wins to Grand & 15 cast wins !!)

Gr Nite CH CH'PR' Blue River Little Sue (Daughter of Lynn)

Old Post 02-08-2020 06:25 PM
Mark A. Hauck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. Hauck Click here to Send Mark A. Hauck a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark A. Hauck Find more posts by Mark A. Hauck Add Mark A. Hauck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Gleason
UKC Forum Member

Mark i'm not going to get into a pissing match with you..
I know what I was told and it wasn't the zone5 championship.. as I'm aware that that hunt moves from year to year. That Monticello held that last year.. as the ST hunt was held at Wayne Hookers club. As I was told the state hunt has been in our area for to long. you stated Monticello has held these hunt's for the last 8 years.. I'm very much aware were it has been held for the last 12 years as I was the President and am currently the treasure of the Goochland club and involved with the Blue and Gray club that held it before we had. And have supported it for that many years or more.. If you look closely you just might see my picture with my Dogs in a few of them..

CH GRNITECH PR'TIMBERCREEKS BLUE RUBY

Last edited by Bob Gleason on 02-10-2020 at 08:29 PM

Old Post 02-10-2020 08:08 PM
Bob Gleason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Gleason Click here to Send Bob Gleason a Private Message Click Here to Email Bob Gleason Find more posts by Bob Gleason Add Bob Gleason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.J. CALLAHAN
UKC Forum Member

Bob I don’t understand your confusion.
In zone 5 we rotate the zone championship each year so that each of our 4 states has the zone 5 championship every 4 years. Since the Hunt in Charlottesville is our biggest Hunt each year and 2019 was Virginia’s turn to host the zone 5 championship we made 2019 ‘s Charlottesville Hunt the zone 5 championship and found another club in Virginia to host the Virginia State championship with the understanding that it would rotate back to the Virginia state championship in 2020. And as I have done every year when I’ve left the club on Saturday night / Sunday morning I’ve congratulated the club on a job well done and told them that it’s theirs to hold next year if they want it. I’m in my 11 th year as chairman of zone 5 and every year it gets harder and harder to fine good clubs to host our zone hunts especially clubs like the one in Charlottesville (Montichello) that go over and above to put on a classic event!
It is my job to run BBOA zone 5 and I take pride in the fact that the past few years we have had the strongest zone as far as membership and events held. Jut like you and many others that have posted here I have supported both associations in years past. When I was vice president and president of BBOA it was my job to run Bluetick days and the whole organization but that isn’t my job now.my job is to what is best for zone 5. I didn’t schedule this Hunt out of spite to anyone else nor did the host club. To coin a phrase “we were here first”
I was approached and asked to get the club to move their date and to be totally honest I didn’t ask them to. Then I received a phone call from club members stating that had been asked and they told me they did not want to move the date because that had been such a successful Hunt and moving the date could hurt that.
You are right about the Hunt being in your club in Goochland before Charlottesville but do you remember why it moved.?
After several great years in Goochland ( same date each year) y’all decided to pick up a RQE on that date and move the BBOA Hunt to another date.And that was the kiss of death. The next few years we never reached the same numbers and the Hunt moved to Charlottesville where it has become a great event again.
I hate that there are 3 hunts that weekend I truly do but zone 5 didn’t create this conflict and I will never apologize for doing my job which is what’s best for zone 5.
One last footnote I was never approached by any officer from BBCHA to discuss the matter.
As peasident of BBOA I put on one of the most successful Reunion hunts to date in which I worked hand in hand with then BBCHA president Ed Mauney so I know how to work with other organizations!

Old Post 02-11-2020 04:09 AM
J.J. CALLAHAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.J. CALLAHAN Click here to Send J.J. CALLAHAN a Private Message Find more posts by J.J. CALLAHAN Add J.J. CALLAHAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave01
UKC Forum Member

bboa and bbcha

if bboa and bbcha would ever combine this would be the largest breed assocation out there anywhere and would be the largest breed hunt there has been in many years

Old Post 02-11-2020 10:07 PM
dave01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dave01 Click here to Send dave01 a Private Message Click Here to Email dave01 Find more posts by dave01 Add dave01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote