UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rolin Blues-WE'RE BACK
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

congrats on your wins also!!! and good luck at slam hunt

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-2020 10:39 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Did you tear it up at Highland Behne?

Old Post 04-27-2020 03:39 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

No

Other dogs had coon look out of den tree, while hers' wouldn't when she was split. Then she made big mistake, coming up short at end of hunt by herself, but sounded good (!!!) doing it. Red dog won cast by not doing much by himself but only taking a little bit of minus on his mistakes. There's always next week somewhere. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 04-27-2020 08:19 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

update

Decent hunt Sun. night. Queen ran her own track from Marley & Gritt & both got treed with a coon. Hunter was very happy to have his favorite dog split tree from other 2 dogs.

Augie treed 4 singles & den tree in couple hours hunting Girl by herself last night. Trying to get ready for Legacy & PC hunts coming up, if they release our hunt permits. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 04-28-2020 08:29 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

btt

We ran over to Amboy, Ill. last night for $KC hunt. After waiting for thunder storm to pass, Cast treed 2 singles & den tree with Girl winning the cast. Thanks Augie for the leg work. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 04-29-2020 09:41 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

nice hunt

Took Girl & Marley for hunt tonight with Augie & Cub. Beautiful night in Iowa before rain got here with temps in 50s. 1st drop, treed den tree 100 yds. from truck, then cut them again & treed a coon at 850 yds. Next spot, treed a coon at 150 yds. video of Girl on this tree on my fb page, but she trees like that on every tree she is on. Don't know how to post it on here. Next drop, hit hot track right out of truck & treed it 100 yds. in the woods. Nice weather to enjoy before hot stuff gets here this summer. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-05-2020 06:09 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

btt

Another nice hunt with Girl & Marley tonight as Augie wanted to go since the rain quit & $kc hunt was cancelled. !st drop they made a mistake, but figured out they didn't need to beat coon to tree!!! Cut again & they went 350 yds. to get it right with coon up a small tree. Moved & Girl smoked a track 312 yds. to a bluff, but it was too far in to see. Made one more stop on way home & Girl just laid one up @ 61 yds. without saying anything on ground. Beautiful night out with dew worms everywhere from rain & 47 degrees. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-06-2020 06:08 AM
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

Thought I would share

GRNITECH ‘PR’ North Star Blue Oakley X NITECH ‘PR’ Rolin Blue Freaky Fast cross

I have been hauling this pup out of your cross with me daily around the ranch. Opportunity met genetics and he slipped off and found a coon that was still enjoying the cool morning. Made for a great start to the day! He is going to be fun to see how he develops.

Last edited by BrandonZadina on 05-06-2020 at 01:49 PM

Old Post 05-06-2020 01:45 PM
BrandonZadina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrandonZadina Click here to Send BrandonZadina a Private Message Click Here to Email BrandonZadina Find more posts by BrandonZadina Add BrandonZadina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Thx

Keep me informed. looks like he really is intense on what he is doing. Glad to hear he is getting the chance to perform. Also heard there is female out there that has started too. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-06-2020 07:35 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Freak

Video of her on my fb page from a couple weeks ago. Don't know how to post on here. Glad he's tree coon for you at young age. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-06-2020 09:43 PM
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

I put a video of the blue pup on my personal page on FB, check it out, he has a mouth on him. He is going to be intense I am sure. Have a good one. I will go check out his moms video shortly.

Old Post 05-06-2020 09:48 PM
BrandonZadina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrandonZadina Click here to Send BrandonZadina a Private Message Click Here to Email BrandonZadina Find more posts by BrandonZadina Add BrandonZadina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

btt

Had another nice hunt tonight in flat Wapsi bottoms with Girl Freak & Gritt. Girl & Gritt got one running to north of us & headed right towards us. Freak swung around from other side of field to join in just before they slammed it up about 30 yds. in front of us. Cut them again & Freak struck about 400 yds. north of us with Girl joining right away & race was on. Both slammed a tree about 530 yds. north of us right along the road. We drove up & only had to go 40 yds. off road to look at big den tree. Gritt had came that way & split treed on tree with broke off limb laying on ground, so figured coon had just moved on.

Next drop across road got interesting as they all soon struck & race was on. Looped around to north of us, then back past us to the west for about 200 yds., then across gravel where we just came from. Made a loop to east of us & back south. If we didn't know better, you would have thought they were running junk. About 200 yds. south of us, the fight began in the road ditch as this big old bob tailed boar wasn't about to climb, but 3 dogs had him whipped when we got there. Girl got worst of it with blood dripping from left ear, so we decided to call it a night. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-07-2020 06:41 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

more hunts

Friday night Augie, Madi & i took Marley & Z out for a little hunt. Dropped them into a strip of woods along a creek. Struck as soon as they got by water & went east, then south up a little side draw to put him in a hole under some tree roots. Cut back in main timber to have them go north & put it in a dike tube. moved another timber & had a nice little race for about 220 yds. to tree one on outside finally. Next cut, they hit a cold track & was struggling to get it figured out. They was headed toward a feedlot anyway, so we gathered them up & called it a night.

Tonight was 'old timers' night as youngins didn't want to go. Cub & i took Freak & Gritt to big park for a little flat walking & no bluffs. Both struck soon after we cut them & took track out about 240 yds to get treed with one on outside. Next cut, Gritt struck close to the west & Freak opened about 200 yds. north of us & both did there own thing. Freak treed about 500 yds. north of us in big timber & had a double. As we were going to her, Gritt got treed 600 yds. west of us. Walked the lanes around to him, but couldn't find his coon. We called it a night & just made it back to truck as it started to rain.

DNR decided we can't have hunts yet, so am planning on going to $KC added purse hunts in Legrange, Ind. next weekend with Girl & Freak to try our luck. Can't win, if you don't try. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-10-2020 06:37 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Ghost

Ck out Brandon Zadina FB post from Neb.. His Ghost pup out of Oakley/Freak treed his 1st coon alone last night @ 8 months old. Also, Scott Hammons post on his FB page of his pup in MO.. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-11-2020 07:28 PM
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

Also on Youtube

Just in case some of you can't access Facebook. Here is a link for Youtube. Excited about this pup! Have a good one.
https://youtu.be/0eLsbXUewOE

Old Post 05-11-2020 11:51 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

btt

Had another great hunt Mon. night with Girl, Freak & Gritt, along with Augie & Cub. !st drop, Girl & Freak opened quickly inside of woods & headed north thru the woods. Gritt opened to west in corn field. He made a loop to south, brought coon back past us to get treed in den tree 40 yds. in front of us. We could see coon in top of crack in tree. By now, others were treed 460 yds. north of us with another coon in den that we could see again in crack.

Next timber, Freak & Girl struck about 80 yds. to the east & started driving a good track away from us. Gritt opened to the south on his own track. Girl blew up treed @ 500 yds. & Freak went 60 yds. past her to get hooked. We drove down dirt road & up a pasture right next to them. Girl was on huge oak with a coon & Freak was on a walnut tree past her with a coon. By now Gritt was treed 600 yds. south of us along the dirt road with a big coon.

Went home & changed dogs, as Augie wanted to hunt his boss' new dog Z for a couple drops. We cut Freak & Z & they started a cold track & moved it away from us in some big hill country. Freak kept working away from us, while Z found something better & Treed another coon. Cut him loose & he soon treed again with another coon. Freak had taken her track to river, so we caught her up, as it was getting late.

We also saw 3 coon sitting up & saw 24 more coon cross road or out in fields looking for something to eat. They were moving every where, so it don't look like much of a problem too tree lots of them, when kits get out next month. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-13-2020 05:59 PM
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

Oakley X Freak pup strikes again

High winds, pouring rain, 8 months old, two eyes looking down!

Past:
'PR' Blue Freaky Ghost
NITECH CH 'PR' Neosho River Amos
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Nocturnal Bo
GRCH 'PR' Green River Katrina

Last edited by BrandonZadina on 05-16-2020 at 10:22 PM

Old Post 05-16-2020 10:17 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Looking good, Brandon

Just a word of caution, though. Don't push him too hard at this point int his young life.

Had a real nice hunt tonight with Queeny & Marley, along with Cub pup. Dropped Queeny in first patch with pup. She soon struck & worked a track out in planted field & headed N over 700 yds. to get treed in cow pasture on big oak. Took a minute to get it to look, but finally found a big coon laying on limb. Probably a boar, since it ran a good piece from where a lot of den trees are.

Next cut, we dropped Marley & pup & soon had a decent track moving. She hit on a tree @ 130 yds., but soon headed E another 400 yds. to get treed right. She also had a big coon laying on open limb.

Marley & Queeny are both nice 2 yr. old females that we will concentrate on this summer & put in a few hunts. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-19-2020 06:22 AM
BrandonZadina
UKC Forum Member

That thought actually crossed my mind the other day. In your opinion what is considered hunting to much? My opinion on that would be if the desire starts to decline, back off at that point. The old saying of which pup makes the best one in the litter "the one hunted the most". Last night Ghost hunted out like a broke dog, he went through the creek 200 yards, got struck and got treed with a coon in the tree with a long track that went through some not easy terrain and did a exceptional job of it. I quit there and headed home, he had a lot more hunt left in him last night. It is always a goal for me to end on a good note with his tail still wagging in the air and him feeling happy to be in the woods. I have never rolled a coon to him and he has yet to get ahold of one, he is solely hunting on genetics and my praise when I get to the tree. I will say I have never owned a young dog that had this much drive and maturity at this age. On the flip side I have never from day one hunted one alone because I have always had a broke dog for them to tag along with, I would just haul them along every trip to the woods. He is coon crazy I will say that. Curious on how much woods time would you normally give a young dog? I honestly figured at this point in his short life I would still be sitting on a log waiting for him to get over his fear of the dark and venture out to find something to chase! Have a good one!

Past:
'PR' Blue Freaky Ghost
NITECH CH 'PR' Neosho River Amos
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Nocturnal Bo
GRCH 'PR' Green River Katrina

Old Post 05-19-2020 02:35 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunting

Sounds like you are doing things right to me for his age at this point. A drop or 2 for 2 or 3 nights a week will not burn him out, but sometimes people think, if they can tree 1, they should keep going till they tree 5 & do it most every night all week long. In my opinion, that is what burns a young pup out.

What he is doing, without ever having fur in his mouth is really fantastic at this point. It will be interesting to know what he will do, when you do 'give him a taste'. I'd make sure it was pretty dead, so he didn't get whipped, the 1st time you do put one down. Also, will be interesting to see what he does the first night you hunt him with another dog. Keep up the good work & enjoy what you have. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-19-2020 06:13 PM
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Ron

you may have to get that young fella some chaps!

Old Post 05-20-2020 03:23 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

more hunts

Wed. night, dropped Z & Gritt with Cub & Augie. They took track out in CRP, then back into timber to get treed. Augie thought he saw it, but couldn't get it to look again. Next drop was Girl & Z. They hit a decent track & took it out about 200 yds. before they split up. Girl went SE to get treed at 350 yds., but couldn't get it found for the leaves. Z had went S, then turned E along edge of timber to get treed on a den.

Last night, Madi & Hunter went to hear Girl before Legacy hunt this weekend. Took ole Anne along for a little exercise. They hit a good track, but it went in a hole in bluff. Kids could see coon in hole though. Next drop, Girl struck & took track to the S, bumped a tree, then moved on another 150 yds. to get treed. She had a double. We've got Legacy hunts next 2 nights, so we'll see how gr. kids can do calling her. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-22-2020 09:42 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Good hunt

Sat. night, Girl got a early round CW in Legacy hunt @ Baldwin with Cub handling & Madi walking along to listen to her with other dogs, so she will be ready to handle on casts soon. Augie handled her late as Cub was 'bushed' after walking to several split trees during hunt. All dogs took some minus early, then Girl split off & treed a coon to win the cast. Hunted against Bouska/Tilly & Jacob Bingham/BTO to pick up $400 & cover expenses for weekend. That don't happen very often.

Grand kids are looking forward to hunt again at local $KC again on Monday night. Maybe things will be getting back to normal now. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-25-2020 01:37 AM
twiliteblues
UKC Forum Member

Awesome

Nice Job congratulations!

"If it ain't BLUE, you ain't gotta a CLUE"

Old Post 05-25-2020 02:27 PM
twiliteblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for twiliteblues Click here to Send twiliteblues a Private Message Click Here to Email twiliteblues Find more posts by twiliteblues Add twiliteblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Madi/Girl

The won cast @ Baldwin, Ia. tonight against Joel Ernst/Rebel & Jason Schulte/Botox. Treed 2 coon & 2 circle trees for a nice hunt. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-26-2020 06:42 AM