UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog shaking head and not treeing hard
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Dog shaking head and not treeing hard

I have a dog that I have treated for ear mites and canker also took him to vet and they said his ears looked good but when he trees now he seems to not be treeing as hard as he use to and wines some when I’m walking back to the truck any help with what this could be is much appreciated

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2020 01:19 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric edwards
UKC Forum Member

Ears

Get a new vet he has ear problems if you use straw for bedding that may cause it to it splinters and get in ear canal

Old Post 03-27-2020 02:12 PM
Eric edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric edwards Click here to Send Eric edwards a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric edwards Find more posts by Eric edwards Add Eric edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

I use cedar shavings I’m like you might need to try a different vet

Long Branch Mtn Curs

Old Post 03-27-2020 02:17 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric edwards
UKC Forum Member

Ears

Anytime dog is shaking head after barking is ear problems . Rub behind his ears as if you were petting or scratching if he whines it is severe if not put vagisil in there it will disappear soon after

Old Post 03-27-2020 02:21 PM
Eric edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric edwards Click here to Send Eric edwards a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric edwards Find more posts by Eric edwards Add Eric edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ING 194
UKC Forum Member

How often are you putting vagasil in and how long.

Old Post 03-28-2020 01:49 AM
ING 194 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ING 194 Click here to Send ING 194 a Private Message Find more posts by ING 194 Add ING 194 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

Call Kevin 217 343 1520. He will solve your problem.

Old Post 03-28-2020 05:09 AM
Mark Pruemer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Pruemer Click here to Send Mark Pruemer a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Pruemer Add Mark Pruemer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

16 oz witch hazel 4 tbl spoons of boric acid powder. 16 drops of gentian violet. Shake to mix. .. and shake Everytime you use it. (I put it in a 6-8 oz squeeze bottle) I use it once every 2 weeks. Even vet is amazed how clean ears are. DISCLAIMER. This stuff will stain your hands purple! Lol

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 03-28-2020 08:34 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Bad teeth

Have Vet check for dental issues too. A bad tooth or teeth will cause this as well.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-29-2020 05:32 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon White
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a yeast infection in his ears, try a corn free diet.

www.Nextlevelpetfood.com

Old Post 03-29-2020 09:32 PM
Brandon White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon White Click here to Send Brandon White a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon White Visit Brandon White's homepage! Find more posts by Brandon White Add Brandon White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon White
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a yeast infection in his ears, try a corn free diet.

www.Nextlevelpetfood.com

Old Post 03-29-2020 09:32 PM
Brandon White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon White Click here to Send Brandon White a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon White Visit Brandon White's homepage! Find more posts by Brandon White Add Brandon White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Feeding grain free also gave him a shot of antibiotics plus gave him some ear mite meds see if this works

Long Branch Mtn Curs

Old Post 03-30-2020 02:50 AM
ING 194
UKC Forum Member

Well I tried the vagasi in my dogs ears. I put it on my finger and worked it in best I could and after 2 days there is no more shaking after he barks.

Old Post 03-31-2020 12:10 AM
ING 194 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ING 194 Click here to Send ING 194 a Private Message Find more posts by ING 194 Add ING 194 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Keep it up for a few days and make sure it's completely cured or it will return over and over.

Old Post 04-01-2020 01:06 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote