UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Female Coon Hunters
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

I'm 23, and I just started coon hunting in January of this year. I've always loved hounds and hunting, but nobody in my close family hunts so I've only had the opportunity to start in the past few years. I started out coming home from the Grand American this year with two dogs, and now I'm up to four. After the first time I turned my dog loose, I was hooked. I'm lucky to have found some nice folks that live near my original hometown that are willing to let me hunt with them and help me out so I'm hoping I'll be in the woods a lot more now. I also spend at least 2 weekends every month during deer season running deer dogs with my fiance, which I absolutely love. I'm pretty much the only female that dog drives at our club, and most all of the members respect me enough to know I could always run our dogs with my fiance's help. I don't personally know any other females here in SC that coon hunt, but I'd love to meet some! It's just a great sport, and the people I've met remind me a lot of the ones I knew when I showed horses as a teenager-very helpful, and for the most part extremely friendly. I hope more women will take part in the sport in the future.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-21-2008 06:44 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eviltwincj5
UKC Forum Member

me hillsman.....

me hillsman.....I'd would LOVE to use this picture in the BBCHA Blue Book Youth Section!! pm me if you'll let me, please!!

Old Post 10-21-2008 06:58 PM
eviltwincj5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eviltwincj5 Click here to Send eviltwincj5 a Private Message Click Here to Email eviltwincj5 Find more posts by eviltwincj5 Add eviltwincj5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

well im glad my post has helped that pic get in the magazine or what not....

congrats

Old Post 10-21-2008 07:08 PM
Country AintBad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Country AintBad Click here to Send Country AintBad a Private Message Find more posts by Country AintBad Add Country AintBad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eviltwincj5
UKC Forum Member

Sorry...

I didn't mean to raid your post. Carry on.

Old Post 10-21-2008 08:12 PM
eviltwincj5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eviltwincj5 Click here to Send eviltwincj5 a Private Message Click Here to Email eviltwincj5 Find more posts by eviltwincj5 Add eviltwincj5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

o nah im fine lol...

im glad that your wanting to use the pic ....
i myself love the pic its priceless

Old Post 10-21-2008 08:18 PM
Country AintBad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Country AintBad Click here to Send Country AintBad a Private Message Find more posts by Country AintBad Add Country AintBad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eviltwincj5
UKC Forum Member

You just can't get much cuter than a picture of babies with puppies, can you? LOL

Old Post 10-21-2008 08:25 PM
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

sure cant....

i really hope you get it in the blue book....
i'd like to see that

Old Post 10-21-2008 08:27 PM
me hillsman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the compliments. We have really enjoyed your posting. Pretty neat to see the girls with their dogs and game.
~Monty and Erin

Old Post 10-22-2008 06:08 AM
me hillsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for me hillsman Click here to Send me hillsman a Private Message Click Here to Email me hillsman Find more posts by me hillsman Add me hillsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

Re: Female Coon Hunters

quote:
Originally posted by Country AintBad
where yall at?

Im trying to prove to a few girls that women/ girls hunt...

Im trying to get them interested. Cause there aint no girls round here who coon hunt.

so im tryin to change that

Possible pics, age, and where yall from

Thanks
Scotty

UH HUH. JUST A SLICK WAY TO FIND A COON HUNTING WOMAN TO START DATIN, EH?! LOL.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 10-22-2008 01:15 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

WELL, I'M 30, AND I COON HUNT WITH MY HUSBAND QUINCY AND HIS FRIENDS. SOMETIMES I GET TO GO TO THE TREE, SOMETIMES NOT. I'VE BEEN GOING ALOT MORE SINCE QUINCY BROKE HIS LEG IN JULY! LOL. FAR FROM IN SHAPE, BUT BETTER THAN I WAS! LOL.

LOL. I DONT HAVE MANY PICS OF MYSELF, BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME, I'M THE ONE TAKING THE PICS! LOL.

BUT NOW OUR DAUGHTER....SHE'S A HUNTING FOOL! DEER, COON, BEAR, SQUIRREL, GROUNHOG. SHE TOLD US THE OTHER DAY SHE SAID "IF IT'S GOT HAIR AND 4 LEGS I'LL HUNT IT!" LOL

SHE COULDNT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER IF IT'D BEEN A 10 POINT BUCK!

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 10-22-2008 02:59 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluetick Lady
UKC Forum Member

Christy shes a doll baby and looks great with that walker and deer

Cambridge , Ohio
(740)-255-7547 Jen's cell
(740)-255-7616 John's cell

http://www.freewebs.com/turtleridge/

Old Post 10-22-2008 03:16 PM
Bluetick Lady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluetick Lady Click here to Send Bluetick Lady a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluetick Lady Visit Bluetick Lady's homepage! Find more posts by Bluetick Lady Add Bluetick Lady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
danmccartyrocks
UKC Forum Member

Babes and hounds, can it get any better??? :-)

Old Post 10-22-2008 03:54 PM
danmccartyrocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for danmccartyrocks Click here to Send danmccartyrocks a Private Message Click Here to Email danmccartyrocks Find more posts by danmccartyrocks Add danmccartyrocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

danmccartyrocks i know right....

Christy- your daughter is what id want in my daughter if i were to have one....and this post is prove that girls love the sport...and i want girls interested so if i do happen to marry a girl round here i she wont divorce me cause of me hunting...so ill get these girls interested and we will be good to go..lol....

thanks yall...
keep them coming....

Scotty

Old Post 10-22-2008 10:31 PM
Tiffany Kieffer
UKC Forum Member

Im 19 and from Southeastern, OHIO! I do all sorts of hunting but coon hunting is my passion. I LOVE my plott dogs but I do hunt a bluetick also!

GRCH 'PR' Buckeye Valley Daybreaks Fancy

'PR' Kieffer's Hi Tech Blue Jazz

GRCH NTCH 'PR' Okie Redwood Mr Brown

GRCH 'PR' Outback Crazy Leggs

'PR' Buckeye Valley Midnite Fire Hawk

Old Post 10-23-2008 03:57 PM
Tiffany Kieffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiffany Kieffer Click here to Send Tiffany Kieffer a Private Message Find more posts by Tiffany Kieffer Add Tiffany Kieffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELC
UKC Forum Member

S.W.F. LOOKING FOR S.W.M. over 40 MUST LOVE TO COON HUNT,HAVE OWN 4X4 AND DOG BOX,PREFER WALKERS BUT BLACK AND TAN OK. AFTER A LONG NIGHT OF HUNTING I'LL CHECK YOU FOR TICKS:-)

Old Post 10-23-2008 05:00 PM
ELC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELC Click here to Send ELC a Private Message Find more posts by ELC Add ELC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

Wish I lived in Florida!!!!

Old Post 10-23-2008 05:09 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

lol...yall last 2...contact each other ....lol.....who knows u both might live in the same state then lol....

torro2.....nice dogs....how'd you get into hunting...

keep em coming yall,
thanks

Old Post 10-23-2008 06:25 PM
Tiffany Kieffer
UKC Forum Member

Coon huntin's been in my family for about 5 generations. My dad first took me huntin when I was 3 years old & I've been hunting ever since and I've been showing for about 9 years now.

-I have my own 4x4 Chevy truck with a haul box too

Old Post 10-23-2008 08:26 PM
Tiffany Kieffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiffany Kieffer Click here to Send Tiffany Kieffer a Private Message Find more posts by Tiffany Kieffer Add Tiffany Kieffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

wish we had more girls like u here

Old Post 10-23-2008 11:33 PM
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Angie Read got one in the semi finals of the PKC world hunt last night.

Old Post 10-24-2008 12:07 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redsunset-Girl
UKC Forum Member

I am an avid third generation coonhunter, it's how i have been raised. My sister, mom,and i have hunted for as long as i can remember, my dad taught me everything i know. Recently i took my best friend huntin and now she is looking into buying a coonhound of her own, she wants blueticks. I have redbones, but at least she is getting into it, another girl for the cause. I personally know many female hunters, maybe there all in michigan.

Last edited by Redsunset-Girl on 09-28-2009 at 01:41 PM

Old Post 10-24-2008 02:17 PM
Redsunset-Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redsunset-Girl Click here to Send Redsunset-Girl a Private Message Click Here to Email Redsunset-Girl Find more posts by Redsunset-Girl Add Redsunset-Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WalkerRiley
UKC Forum Member

I live in mi and I know off a few girl that hunt around here.. We all have are own truck and dog box.. The few off us just get together and go.. Its really good time. There are times were I just go cause I can’t find anyone to go..

Old Post 10-24-2008 03:10 PM
WalkerRiley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WalkerRiley Click here to Send WalkerRiley a Private Message Click Here to Email WalkerRiley Find more posts by WalkerRiley Add WalkerRiley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Hey you guys--Consider yourself VERY fortunate!Sure wish I could find a jewel of a gal like that!

Old Post 10-24-2008 05:07 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
livingstonsdogs
UKC Forum Member

I'm 26 and I coon hunt with my husband and our 6 B&T and 1 TW. I love the sport. We also show our dogs and I enjoy that as well. I have deer hunted with him and can't wait to go back to Georgia and go hog hunting with him there.

CH CCH Elburns Indigo

Old Post 10-25-2008 12:48 AM
livingstonsdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for livingstonsdogs Click here to Send livingstonsdogs a Private Message Click Here to Email livingstonsdogs Find more posts by livingstonsdogs Add livingstonsdogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

robgregory i agree......

Old Post 10-25-2008 05:05 PM