UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Shining Time
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Shining Time

If one member of the cast finds a coon after 7 minutes and 55 seconds, can more time be used for the judge or majority to see it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-18-2018 08:05 PM
shadinc is online now Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shining Time

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
If one member of the cast finds a coon after 7 minutes and 55 seconds, can more time be used for the judge or majority to see it?

Yeah they have 5 seconds to see it. 8 minutes is 8 minutes. Think if they put exceptions in the rulebook and the amount of advantage would be taken to waste hunt time. IF you were winning the hunt and your dog treed a circle tree and I knew the other dogs were treed when you pull off at 7:55 seconds why wouldn't you yell here he is just to stall the cast... Just a thought as a handler.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 09-18-2018 08:09 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

I would say yes makes no difference he found it before shine time was over gotta score it

Old Post 09-19-2018 02:55 AM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

Tree must be scored in the 8 minutes

Old Post 09-19-2018 03:04 AM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

Your right I was wrong sorry bout that

Old Post 09-19-2018 03:37 AM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

If the coon is in their light I'll give it to them. Right is right. Now if their still searching and trying to bull crap and find it on the opposite side of the tree then no.

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 09-19-2018 03:18 PM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Majority of the cast must see the coon in the 8 minutes. If its scored over the 8 minutes it's called cheating. Showing good sportsmanship as a judge is following the rules .

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 09-19-2018 03:43 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I'll tell the rest of the story then you can tell me what you would have done. Two dog cast. My dog struck for 100, judges dog for 75. Judges dog trees for 125. Huge oak tree. My dog came in after 5 minutes. We're shining, Judge says 7 minutes gone one minute left. A few seconds later I see the coon. Judge on other side of tree. When he got to me it took a few more seconds to find the coon again. We never looked at the clock again. It might have been a few seconds past 8 minutes when he saw the coon. We plused it and went on. It was the only coon we saw that night. What would you have done?

Old Post 09-19-2018 03:45 PM
shadinc is online now Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

honesty

you don't know how much over the 8 you went ! one second is over ! why not go 5 min over! same.

Old Post 09-19-2018 04:43 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RJ Burks
UKC Forum Member

Just say I'm the judge and we are shining a huge oak....the guy who's dog is treed is on the other side of tree from me which is across a small creek and at 7:55 he says I got him right here....it takes me 10 to 15 seconds to get around to him and sure enough there he is....plus him up

Old Post 09-19-2018 05:58 PM
RJ Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RJ Burks Click here to Send RJ Burks a Private Message Find more posts by RJ Burks Add RJ Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I'll tell the rest of the story then you can tell me what you would have done. Two dog cast. My dog struck for 100, judges dog for 75. Judges dog trees for 125. Huge oak tree. My dog came in after 5 minutes. We're shining, Judge says 7 minutes gone one minute left. A few seconds later I see the coon. Judge on other side of tree. When he got to me it took a few more seconds to find the coon again. We never looked at the clock again. It might have been a few seconds past 8 minutes when he saw the coon. We plused it and went on. It was the only coon we saw that night. What would you have done?

If no one was looking and you didn't know then you cant say if it was over or not. So plus it.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-20-2018 02:18 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
If no one was looking and you didn't know then you cant say if it was over or not. So plus it.
That's what I thought. His dog treed the coon. Why shouldn't he get credit for it? I saw it before 8 minutes. I wasn't a majority of the cast but, I drew -100 and he got + 200. Was I cheating?

Old Post 09-20-2018 02:27 AM
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Nope called rewarding the dog for doing a good job

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:11 AM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

I would have plus it to too many people out there want to win by scratching you or minus you be a sportsman do the right thing

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:26 AM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Bottom line is the majority of the cast has to see the coon within the 8. No grace periods.

Cast should bust their butts to get over there if the time is ticking.

If you KNOWINGLY scored a tree after the 8 then yes, no matter the excuse you are cheating. Just the facts of the matter.

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:52 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Time wasn't called on the tree, poor judging. Plus the coon but be ready for the judge to call time if the shoe is on the other foot. I've found that bending the rules is cheating just like breaking the rules. It normally escalates to more problems. I will have a stopwatch if I'm hunting in a competitive hunt. The judge will know I'm using it for backup if he needs conformation. One night I was shining a tree and started squalling after the two minutes and the judge told me I was scratched. His watch showed 1:40 gone, he corrected his watches mistake. His watch was that far off. I had questioned his watch earlier on a tree call. Carry a stopwatch is highly recommended.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 09-20-2018 at 05:17 AM

Old Post 09-20-2018 05:12 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brack carr
UKC Forum Member

I was in a hunt were I found the coon, with three min. left and they didn't make it over there to see my coon in time . now is that fare I don't think so. if it is I will take my time getting over there more often. yes that did happen to me but I will not do it to you I'm not that way

Old Post 09-20-2018 12:26 PM
brack carr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brack carr Click here to Send brack carr a Private Message Click Here to Email brack carr Find more posts by brack carr Add brack carr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

They are honor rules for a reason.
If your the judge and not pulsing this situation up do the hunts a favor and stay home.

Old Post 09-20-2018 01:36 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote