UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > dose know how too break a dog?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
red hot sassy
UKC Forum Member

dose know how too break a dog?

my budy's dog started too run grey fox

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2011 05:39 AM
red hot sassy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for red hot sassy Click here to Send red hot sassy a Private Message Click Here to Email red hot sassy Find more posts by red hot sassy Add red hot sassy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JorMicCar
UKC Forum Member

use a shock collar would be the best way. but a friemd of mine had a dog that would run a deer and he got that deer break stuff from nite lite magazine and rubbed it around his nose and and in his nose he aint run a deer since

Old Post 02-18-2011 05:44 AM
JorMicCar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JorMicCar Click here to Send JorMicCar a Private Message Click Here to Email JorMicCar Find more posts by JorMicCar Add JorMicCar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
red hot sassy
UKC Forum Member

ty i got some stuff from cronk's but it dont tell u how to use it

Old Post 02-18-2011 06:01 AM
red hot sassy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for red hot sassy Click here to Send red hot sassy a Private Message Click Here to Email red hot sassy Find more posts by red hot sassy Add red hot sassy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

It's Full Moon in February. Why do you think its a fox? I love it when I get a coon to run like fox. I had a three hour solid race last night and if I questioned my dogs one bit I would have cut them off and blamed it on a fox. The way they were circling a fox would have had to treed and it was a not too big of a coon.

Old Post 02-18-2011 06:53 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
red hot sassy
UKC Forum Member

when u see the tracks in the snow u can tell its a fox

Old Post 02-18-2011 12:35 PM
Pat Bizich
Banned

Get some those cotton balls from the dollar store.What I like to do is get a couple different scents from different places because it seems they all have a little bit of a different odor.Use gloves to keep your scent off the ball.Dip some scent on it.Place it at various places around the yard or woods where you can observe your dogs reaction to the scent.When you know he is definately interested in it give him a shock treatment.Soon you will notice a adversion as soon as they get a whiff of the scent.Now you want to be doing this over a few days time.Always putting the scent balls in a new spot.Do not let your dog know you are causing his discomfort.Next I leave the dog on a lead and kind of meander around like I am taking him for a walk.If it is working when you get near the scent they will start trying to get out of there.I shock thim anyways just to let them know this is a bad thing he is smelling.The ones that are not knot heads this usually works.We have another set up using a breaking box.If this does not work PM me and I will give you details to set one up.

Old Post 02-18-2011 02:15 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JorMicCar
use a shock collar would be the best way. but a friemd of mine had a dog that would run a deer and he got that deer break stuff from nite lite magazine and rubbed it around his nose and and in his nose he aint run a deer since
i tried that scent breaking stuff years ago didnt work for me best way is find a fox pen take dog let it start running a fox and shock him dont be to easy on him hit him hard thats the only way i know that will stop them jmo

Old Post 02-18-2011 02:48 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Bill Boatmans is pretty good.I make my own .Either cut the glands off your deer or get some at the butcher and freeze them until you are ready to use.We had a local guy had the best there was but he passed away.

Old Post 02-19-2011 02:32 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote