UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New Laser Torch Flamethrower
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Flamethrower Lite

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Highfill
I bought a flamethrower lite and still love mine. I think there was a tipping point in the light market where the heads got too big and clunky, and all the modules for color, etc. made it worse. There are probably a few brighter lights on the market now, but the weight/balance/durability/customer service is pretty hard to beat.

I agree about the Heads getting too big & too many options for Colors & Lasers etc.
I like it simple........
Seems like everyone that uses a Laser Torch Light really like them & you hardly ever see a used one 4-sale.
Their weight is Spot on with what they advertise, Unlike some other Lights being advertised.....😉
Not sure how Laser Torch does it.....But their Lights seem to hold up very well & are Super Dependable.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2022 02:38 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Ive been a Laser Torch guy for a long time BUT I wouldnt trade my 3 yr old Flamethrower Lite straight across for a new one of any other brand out there. They havent left me in the dark or let me down one time .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 03-29-2022 06:01 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Flamethrower Lite

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Ive been a Laser Torch guy for a long time BUT I wouldnt trade my 3 yr old Flamethrower Lite straight across for a new one of any other brand out there. They havent left me in the dark or let me down one time .

I know you and I have discussed how well you like the Flamethrower Lite in the past and glad to hear that's still the case.
I know a couple guys that have had Laser Torch Lights for as high as 7 years & they are still going strong......to me that is outstanding.....!!!
Thanks for the update on your Flamethrower...!!!
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 03-30-2022 12:15 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Woodmerchant75
UKC Forum Member

Tough as nails !!!

I’ve had both models of the flamethrower, sold my full size few years ago because I wasn’t hunting much at all . Kept the lite and liked it so well I ordered another one a month or so ago . I work a 2-2-3 schedule so I hunt 3 nights one week and 4 the next and on those nights I hunt til daylight . I’ll occasionally go for a short hunt on the nights I work around 4am and I charge my laser torch once a week and it’s never left me in the dark . They are hard to beat and David and his wife are top notch people.

Old Post 03-30-2022 10:03 AM
Woodmerchant75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Woodmerchant75 Click here to Send Woodmerchant75 a Private Message Click Here to Email Woodmerchant75 Find more posts by Woodmerchant75 Add Woodmerchant75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tough as nails !!!

quote:
Originally posted by Woodmerchant75
I’ve had both models of the flamethrower, sold my full size few years ago because I wasn’t hunting much at all . Kept the lite and liked it so well I ordered another one a month or so ago . I work a 2-2-3 schedule so I hunt 3 nights one week and 4 the next and on those nights I hunt til daylight . I’ll occasionally go for a short hunt on the nights I work around 4am and I charge my laser torch once a week and it’s never left me in the dark . They are hard to beat and David and his wife are top notch people.

I know you have tried different Lights Kyle and you always seem to keep your Laser Torch around....that tells me you like it alot.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 04-03-2022 01:35 PM
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

Since the cap lights have came out all I have used are the laser torch lights. I have been using the flamethrower for about 5 years now with no complaints. I am.considering buying a new light now and am considering trying the hellcat max or the new sunspot light. The laser torches have served me well though.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 04-03-2022 02:20 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Flamethrower

quote:
Originally posted by MUSKY
Since the cap lights have came out all I have used are the laser torch lights. I have been using the flamethrower for about 5 years now with no complaints. I am.considering buying a new light now and am considering trying the hellcat max or the new sunspot light. The laser torches have served me well though.

Do you have the Regular Flamethrower or the Flamethrower Lite ?
They seem to carry on the Laser Torch tradition of being Super Dependable....!!!
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 04-03-2022 02:36 PM
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

Re: Flamethrower

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
Do you have the Regular Flamethrower or the Flamethrower Lite ?
They seem to carry on the Laser Torch tradition of being Super Dependable....!!!
Tim

I have the regular flamethrower. And the laser torch color pro for a backup still yet. My kids are using my original laser torch pros now.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 04-04-2022 02:57 AM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Flamethrower Lite

I bought a Laser Torch Flamethrower Lite & received it today & tried it out tonight.......OUTSTANDING...!!!
Walklight is Very Bright & right around your feet, Colors are dimmer than most Lights & that's the way I like it.
Main Beam is as Good as you will need.
It's a TRUE 19 ounces on the ERB .....!!!
Great Job Laser Torch...👍👍
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 05-19-2022 04:14 AM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Flamethrower Lite

These walklights that are bright but shine in a wide beam dont make sense.I need a walklight to shine out in a flood type light around your feet where your stepping not to shine a tree with.The reaper dd has good walk lights but its kinda heavy.You cant get a laser torch with free shipping.I dont like that.lol.Im waiting till fall and see what new comes out.Have fun with your new toy Tim.Check with me when you get ready to sell it.🙂

Old Post 05-19-2022 03:50 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Flamethrower Lite

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeb
These walklights that are bright but shine in a wide beam dont make sense.I need a walklight to shine out in a flood type light around your feet where your stepping not to shine a tree with.The reaper dd has good walk lights but its kinda heavy.You cant get a laser torch with free shipping.I dont like that.lol.Im waiting till fall and see what new comes out.Have fun with your new toy Tim.Check with me when you get ready to sell it.🙂

George
I agree on the Free Shipping part & if they offered that I think they would Sell more.
The Walklight on it is right around your feet and clear bright white light......it's outstanding. I don't need a Walklight to shine 300 feet in front of me & I don't want the Colors to be bright & I don't care for Lasers....they are a nice feature but I need Simple.
You hardly ever see a Laser Torch 4-sale and I doubt I will be Selling this one......I like it that good.
Take care
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 05-19-2022 04:21 PM
C.P. Richardson
UKC Forum Member

Laser Torch

I tested and ran a bunch of these lights for David Morgan when he was beginning this company.. Im still have some of the original demo units that I still will hunt with... These lights are quality made and the lights are stood behind.. HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone,, Like I said I have 1or 2 of each of these lights and will pick ANY of them up anytime to hunt with !!

Old Post 05-20-2022 03:07 AM
C.P. Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C.P. Richardson Click here to Send C.P. Richardson a Private Message Click Here to Email C.P. Richardson Find more posts by C.P. Richardson Add C.P. Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melody Creek Kennels
UKC Forum Member

I’ve always wanted to try one of these but i held off because they only had one level of walk light? Is that still the case?

Thanks

Old Post 05-20-2022 03:29 AM
Melody Creek Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melody Creek Kennels Click here to Send Melody Creek Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Melody Creek Kennels Add Melody Creek Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Flamethrower Lite

quote:
Originally posted by Melody Creek Kennels
I’ve always wanted to try one of these but i held off because they only had one level of walk light? Is that still the case?

Thanks

Yes......just 1 click of Walklight & this is my ONLY complaint with this Light, but will learn to live with it because everything else is perfect on it for me.
If you want Super Bright Colors....this Light does not have that & that is one thing I like about it.
This is a Top Notch Light & is a True 19 ounces on a Bump Cap.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 05-20-2022 11:25 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Laser Torch

quote:
Originally posted by C.P. Richardson
I tested and ran a bunch of these lights for David Morgan when he was beginning this company.. Im still have some of the original demo units that I still will hunt with... These lights are quality made and the lights are stood behind.. HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone,, Like I said I have 1or 2 of each of these lights and will pick ANY of them up anytime to hunt with !!

Laser Torch is known for Dependability & that's why most guys choose them. The Battery Pouch they use is the BEST in my opinion & much better than a Battery Box.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 05-20-2022 11:53 AM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Ok,, Theres one click walk,,one click amber,,and two click red?

Old Post 05-20-2022 03:43 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Ok,, Theres one click walk,,one click amber,,and two click red?

Yes.
one click forward is walk .
backwards clicks are 1 amber and 2 red

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 05-20-2022 03:59 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

They should take a click away from the spot and have lo,hi on the walk.

Old Post 05-20-2022 05:06 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Agreed

quote:
They should take a click away from the spot and have lo,hi on the walk.

I agree with you on that, there needs to be 2 clicks for the Walklight and most of the time I don't need a Bright Walklight.
I compared my Flamethrower last night with 2 other different Brand of Lights I have......Flamethrower was better around my feet & the other 2 were way out ahead of me.
I am Sold on this Light....👍
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 05-23-2022 at 10:39 PM

Old Post 05-21-2022 03:00 PM
Paul Bailey
UKC Forum Member

Not had any of the newer ones but I had an original Laser Torch that was a great light.

Old Post 05-23-2022 01:22 PM
Paul Bailey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Bailey Click here to Send Paul Bailey a Private Message Find more posts by Paul Bailey Add Paul Bailey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Laser Torch

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Bailey
Not had any of the newer ones but I had an original Laser Torch that was a great light.

All the Laser Torch Lights are Great Lights & this Laser Torch Flamethrower Lite is the Cream of the Crop in my opinion. I am getting used to the 1 click for a Walklight & find myself using the 1st click on the Red if I don't need a Super Bright Walklight.
I am really liking this Light & the Amber is Nice as well.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 05-25-2022 11:24 AM
David Morgan
UKC Forum Member

Laser Torch Lights

Since the very beginning, the best thing about Laser Torch Lights is and has always been our customers. Our customers are for the most part harder hunters that spend many hours in the woods.

Thanks,
David and Gwen

Old Post 05-29-2022 02:23 PM
David Morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Morgan Click here to Send David Morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email David Morgan Find more posts by David Morgan Add David Morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Laser Torch Lights

quote:
Originally posted by David Morgan
Since the very beginning, the best thing about Laser Torch Lights is and has always been our customers. Our customers are for the most part harder hunters that spend many hours in the woods.

Thanks,
David and Gwen

Can you make one with lo and a hi on walklight?

Old Post 05-29-2022 03:42 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Laser Torch Lights

quote:
Can you make one with lo and a hi on walklight?

They told me they could do one with 2 clicks of Walklight....But it was like another $20 or $25 .....so I just stayed with the 1 Click & getting used to it now. If I need a not so bright Walklight then I just use 1st or 2nd Click of Main Beam.
You can call David if he doesn't reply on here.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 05-29-2022 07:16 PM
Justin jayroe
UKC Forum Member

What’s the newest thing laser torch has out? I know awhile back they came out with two one was a big head an one was a smaller head one thing I loved was the one I tried u could hunt all week an never charge it was the smaller head but had all the colors. An where can u find pricing an order laser torches now

Old Post 05-29-2022 10:15 PM
Justin jayroe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin jayroe Click here to Send Justin jayroe a Private Message Find more posts by Justin jayroe Add Justin jayroe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote