UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Tom Solberg
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rainey
UKC Forum Member

Tom Solberg

Does anybody know where a person might find a copy of Tom Solberg books Dog Talk 1 and 2?

Are does anybody have copies they would be willing to part with?

Eddie Rainey
662-416-8910

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2019 07:02 PM
Rainey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rainey Click here to Send Rainey a Private Message Click Here to Email Rainey Find more posts by Rainey Add Rainey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Ask

PAstor Mike

Old Post 03-02-2019 12:00 AM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rainey
UKC Forum Member

I did.

He didn’t know.

Old Post 03-02-2019 04:19 AM
Rainey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rainey Click here to Send Rainey a Private Message Click Here to Email Rainey Find more posts by Rainey Add Rainey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Maybe Tom's

Son-in-law

Old Post 03-02-2019 04:21 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

are you sure

I have an old book , read it many times.. DOG TALK VOL. 1 BY OBE CORY. Is this the book you are talking about.

Old Post 03-03-2019 01:29 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rainey
UKC Forum Member

Yea I am sure

That’s a different book.

Old Post 03-03-2019 12:00 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tom Solberg is a very intelligent man. He really knew what he was talking about. His stroke was very cruel because now he can't express his thoughts. Today's generation is really missing out on his wisdom. He was always glad to share it. Anyone could learn a lot just by talking and listening to him.

Old Post 03-03-2019 04:46 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rainey
UKC Forum Member

Yes he was

I have read thru so of his old post on training tips he added to post to help people with their hounds and he really understands how a hound thinks. That's why I am looking for a copy of his books. People don't try to help others on here now with problem they just want to be smart axx and funny. No wonder non of the young people are interested in hunting hounds any more.

Old Post 03-04-2019 02:07 PM
CARL GUDGEON
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tom Solberg is a very intelligent man. He really knew what he was talking about. His stroke was very cruel because now he can't express his thoughts. Today's generation is really missing out on his wisdom. He was always glad to share it. Anyone could learn a lot just by talking and listening to him.
I sure miss calling and talking to Tom. I was all ears when visiting with him.

NT CH GR F CH CH'PR' RED FEVER CHIEF -

'PR' GUDGEON'S TAKE A CHANCE - POINTS TOWARDS CH and WCH

Nt Ch GR CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S CLYDE "JUNIOR" AND POINTS TOWARD FT CH

'PR' GUDGEON'S LIVING THE DREAM (Dreamer) 2 1st place wins
PR GUDGEON'S MAGGIE
CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S WILD WILLY
PR GUDGEON'S Fog Horn
PR GUDGEON'S JACK
'PR'GUDGEON'S SING ALONG DANCE

Old Post 03-05-2019 12:10 AM
CARL GUDGEON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CARL GUDGEON Click here to Send CARL GUDGEON a Private Message Click Here to Email CARL GUDGEON Find more posts by CARL GUDGEON Add CARL GUDGEON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Probably the truest thing you've said on here Richard.

Tom, before his stroke, was a gift to hounds men. He loved messing with and training these ole dogs. One thing is sure, if you thought of yourself as a good hounds man and you had a dog that wouldn't do anything......I wouldn't have taken it to tom cause you might be embarrassed after he took what you would think was a dud and he would have it running and treeing within a week or two. No tricks, just figuring the dog out and then bringing out of it what it was born to do. There aren't many who could do that. I sure miss talking with my friend. Our breed has really needed him over the last few years.

In reference to his books, Tom never had them professionally published. He would print them off and bind them himself. I kept all of the emails that tom and I exchanged over the years. I would ask questions and he would always answer. It was such good stuff that I would print off the emails and put them in my filing cabinet. I'll read them occasionally.

Tom would have retired just a year or two after his stroke and He would be enjoying his family, friends and of course the dogs. He still enjoys his family but from the comfort of home. Dave is busy raising two great young men and is involved in coaching their sports teams. He has his hands full.

No matter what line you hunt, Tom is a blessing to have as a friend.

Rainey, Jim on the main board said he had the books and that you could have them. I would pm him.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 03-06-2019 03:32 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote