UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ch NiteCh 'PR' Brummy's Blue Iron Whip
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

GrNiteCh Ch 'PR' Brummy's Blue Iron Whip

After a lot of thought, I have decided to offer Whip at stud by private treaty.

Whip is a go hunting well balanced one bark tree dog that can be can tree coon head to head or split and hold pressure. He gives a deep squall/chop on track followed by a long bawl locate then rolls immediately into a 85-90 Bpm chop on the tree.

As many of you know, Whip has been diagnosed with a tick born disease similar to Lymes disease known as Erlichkia. It does not affect his reproductive ability but it can his hunting ability. If you want to see him go, I will still be more than happy to try and show him to you.

Even with his disease, he finished to NiteCh as a 1 year old and Grand Nite Ch as a young 3 year old. It wasn't as easy as it should have been but he found the strength to get it done.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this thread and I hope that you take interest in breeding to Whip. I feel like he will reproduce better than himself.

References avalible upon request.

Whip's wins:
1st place reg BBCHA sectional
1st place reg
7th place Roberta, Ga RQE (UKC 3rd)
2014 World Qualified
2014 Overall Junior division Champion Bluetick days
2014 5th place Ntch Bluetick days
King of Show BBCHA sectional
2014 4th place NiteCh Autumn Oaks
2014 BBOA High Scoring Bluetick Male at Autumn Oaks
PKC money won

----------GrNtCh Mead's Super Jet 6

--------NtCh Yawn's Northern Blue Rip

----------NiteCh Northern Creek Blue Bell

-----GrCh GrNtCh Blue Iron Brummy HTX

----------GrNtCh CH White Oak Mtn Smoke Willie

--------Merritt's Orange Blossom Wendy

----------Pine Mt Southern Blue Tilly

GrNiteCh Ch 'PR' Brummy's Blue Iron Whip
2014 performance sire
DOB: 5/27/12

----------GrNtCh Bingo's Northern Blue Dancer

--------GrNtCh All Terrain Boomer

----------NtCh Northern Creek Bl. Brandy

-----NtCh GrCh Boomer's All Terrain Daisy Mae

----------Heard's Raging Blue Buck

--------NtCh GrCh Bridges' Smoking Blue Belle

----------Georgia Mountain Blue Skeeter

Whip 7th place at Roberta RQE

Whip Bluetick Days 2014 Junior Divison Champion

Whip Bluetick Days 2014 5th Place NiteCh Saturday night

Whip 2014 Autumn Oaks 4th Place NiteCh
2014 Autumn OaksBBOA High Scoring Bluetick Male

Team Blazin' Timber

Last edited by Bayin'Blues on 10-23-2015 at 10:30 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2014 06:04 AM
Bayin'Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayin'Blues Click here to Send Bayin'Blues a Private Message Click Here to Email Bayin'Blues Find more posts by Bayin'Blues Add Bayin'Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 07-24-2014 05:26 AM
Bayin'Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayin'Blues Click here to Send Bayin'Blues a Private Message Click Here to Email Bayin'Blues Find more posts by Bayin'Blues Add Bayin'Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 07-27-2014 08:44 PM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 07-30-2014 10:26 PM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

I've had Whip laid up for a couple weeks due to the South Eastern heat we expirence every summer. On a spur of the moment deal I decided to take him out to East Dublin to their $30 1hr PKC hunt. There was good attendance for a Thursday night, 10 dogs. I drew a pretty tough cast but was excited to see how Ol Whip would do in his first PKC cast. We ended up winning the_cast. He did what he was supposed to do. Fired off out of the hole got stuck and split. Pretty proud of the Ol boy.

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-01-2014 09:49 PM
rance56
UKC Forum Member

nice job curt

Old Post 08-02-2014 02:25 AM
rance56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rance56 Click here to Send rance56 a Private Message Click Here to Email rance56 Find more posts by rance56 Add rance56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Rance. We're going to be getting back in the woods on a consistant basis soon. The Zones are approaching quickly!

The month of September we will be hitting several hunts.

Here are a couple pictures of the pups I am keeping off of the Whip x Joleen Cross at 6 weeks old.

--------NtCh Northern Blue Rip
-----GrCh GrNtCh Blue Iron Brummy
--------Merrit's Orange Blossom Wendy
---Ch NtCh Brummy's Blue Iron Whip
--------GrNtCh All Terrain Boomer
-----NtCh GrCh All Terrain Daisy
--------NtCh Bridge's Smokin' Belle
*pups
--------NtCh Quinn's Southern Thunder
-----GrNtCh Tucker's Blue Boomer
--------Christian's Blue Gretchen
---NtCh Tucker's Blue Joleen
--------GrNtCh B&D's Blue Spike
-----GrNtCh B&D's Blue Ruby
--------GrNtCh Twilite Blue Poison Ivy

Evil

Saint

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-02-2014 04:37 AM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

a good start

Tonight we started to get back in the groove and get Whip dialed in.

I turned him loose around the edge of an old pond back out on the farm I hunt. Its one of my favorite drops. He left out at a good speed and hunted a nice pace through the swamp. He hunted out to a little over 400 yards and made a turn back towards the direction he came from. At first, i was a little confused, but he made it clear of his motive once he struck about 300 yards. He moved the track quickly and with a purpose around the opposite side of the pond, came treed with a nice locateand rolled up treed. I made the hike to him to find he had taken the track just outside of the woods and was treed on a good size oak on a fence row. It didn't take very long to find his coon. I petted him up and let him tree for a few and pulled him off. He felt good and was ready for more. I packed him up and we went home. Don't want to wear him out too bad.

I really liked what I saw out of him tonight. Planning on going again tomorrow and see how he does. I don't think it will take much to get him tuned up.

Thanks for reading.

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-05-2014 04:01 AM
BigRiverlilCoon
UKC Forum Member

whip

good luck with him curtis, he is a nice one

Wishin ya well at the Zones

Old Post 08-05-2014 06:10 AM
BigRiverlilCoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigRiverlilCoon Click here to Send BigRiverlilCoon a Private Message Click Here to Email BigRiverlilCoon Find more posts by BigRiverlilCoon Add BigRiverlilCoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Had another pretty decent hunt last night. He's still rusty but we're getting him into shape. Resting him up for the next couple of nights while I work.

Wayne Clarke, a coon hunter from South Carolina, is coming to pick his pup up from the Whip x Joleen cross and do a little hunting this weekend. He also owns a half brother to Whip off of the MoJo x Daisy cross. I'm real excited about seeing him go.

Happy hunting folks.

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-06-2014 09:33 PM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Its been a bitter sweet weekend here in the South East.

Wayne Clark made the trip down here early Saturday morning from upstate South Carolina. We went and looked at the Whip x Joleen pups and grabbed the female we were about to deliver. We were headed to middle Ga to meet Chris Keese so he could pick up his pup. He's from the Oconnee county area and is a pretty hard hunter. After we delivered the pup to him, we headed home to get another good look at the pups and let them run around a spell. I decided to take an old coon tail I had in the freezer and see what these 8 week old pups could do. I was impressed to see the remaining 4 pups up on the wood treeing. This was their first time involved with any scent or training.

Later that day we grilled burgers for a few good friends and waited until dark. We had pretty good luck. Whip made 4 trees 3 coon were seen and we had a big nasty circle tree.

We came home from the woods to find my Daisy female had passed away. She had been battling an illness for a couple weeks. I will really miss that hound. She was one of a kind. Hard to beat the bond with these hounds.

Allen Michael English picked up his pup this morning and seemed to be pretty excited about him.

A good nights rest is in order then we go back to prepping for the zones.

Thanks for reading and happy hunting

Team Blazin' Timber

Last edited by Bayin'Blues on 08-10-2014 at 10:43 PM

Old Post 08-10-2014 10:33 PM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Whip x Lady

I had a good phone conversation with Don Simpson this afternoon. He says his pups off of Whip and his Lady female are doing well. He still has a couple to book if anyone is interested.

Whip x Lady

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-11-2014 08:38 PM
DON SS
UKC Forum Member

Whip x Lady

Thanks Curtis I enjoyed talking dogs with you also today. Pups will be 4 weeks old on Sat. all looking good. Will get their 2nd worming and first round of shots end of next week, looking forward to seeing them in the woods.
If anyone is interested please give me a call 828-381-0052

Thanks
Don

Old Post 08-12-2014 02:59 AM
DON SS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DON SS Click here to Send DON SS a Private Message Click Here to Email DON SS Find more posts by DON SS Add DON SS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Glad to see the board is back up and running.

I had a couple nice days off and I'll be going back to work for the weekend. I took Whip out tonight and we had another fair hunt. Went 2 for 3 with a circle.

First coon he winded off the leash. He never barked on the ground just loaded up treed close.

Took him to another woods where he made the circle tree about 300 yards in.

Went to the next drop where he treed the last coon off of a fence row in a huge pine. I was lucky i even saw him.

We still have a ways to go before the Zones. These hot summer nights are taking their toll on Whip but he's pressing on. I'll be glad when its time for cooler weather.

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-15-2014 06:57 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

jus keep taking him to the woods. this heat will disappear one day. good job curt on your dogs

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 08-15-2014 01:07 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jason. We've been working hard. We need to line up a hunt again some day.

The Whip x Joleen pups turned 9 weeks old today. I'm really liking the two I have. They are a rambunctious pair. Can't wait to start putting them through the training process.

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-16-2014 09:12 PM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

We've been getting along well here in the South East. A lot of things are coming together for us in and out of the coon hunting world. Looks like we will be making a last minute Trip to Autumn Oaks. I'll be hunting Whip in the Slam on Thursday night and I'm Entry # 637 for Friday night. But, with us going to Oaks, that more than likely means we won't be attending the Zones 2 weeks later. Its a tough choice.

In other news, below is a picture of my two Whip pups. They were 10 weeks old yesterday.These pups mama, Joleen, is now owned by Paul Kieffer in Minnesota. She has two wins towards Grand and will be attending their state hunt soon. Thanks to everyone who is reading our thread and supporting us!

Wicked Blue Evil -top
Wicked Blue Saint -bottom

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-24-2014 02:25 PM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

We're here at AO. Stop by and check us out. No fancy banner or big entourage but we're all up for having a good time. Give me a ring.

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-28-2014 03:16 PM
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Hunted the Mini Slam here at AO last night. Whip wasn't on his game. We had a dead cast. Whip split about 40 yards away from the rest of the cast and I just knew we'd find his coon but we didnt-circled it. We killed 48 minutes on the first drop and that killed the cast. Even though it wasn't his best proformance, I expect he will do better tonight. Debating on going to the PKC Labor Day Classic since we have to leave on Saturday. Time will tell. I'm having a blast here with my hunting buddy Zac Kea and all of the other folks we've gotten to see. Ready to unsnap him tonight.

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 08-29-2014 08:08 AM
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

Ya'll give 'em hell up there! Ol' Whipipotomus has proved he's got what it takes to win on the big stage.

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 08-29-2014 03:26 PM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Curtis/Whip

Congrats on 5th place NTCH at AO. Do you live in GA. or SC.? Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-31-2014 04:45 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Whip

Congrast guys on your win at the Oaks. FANTASTIC

Home of:
GrChGrNtCh Mad Dog Mo Blue Smoke 2012 BBOA National King of Hunt

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt
2017 BBOA/BBCHA Grand National Reunion King of Hunt

GrChGrNtCh Big Time Spankin Blue Wendy 2009 BBOA National Queen of Hunt

GrNtCh Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin 2011 zone 1 Queen of Hunt.

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion
2016 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Hunt Overall Winner

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Up and comming Mad Dog Smokin Blue Wendell

And a few young Prospects

Old Post 09-01-2014 12:23 AM
Roy Clifton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Clifton Click here to Send Roy Clifton a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Clifton Find more posts by Roy Clifton Add Roy Clifton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayin'Blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Ron and Roy!

Autumn Oaks was a blast this year. Friday night we had a good guide and a good cast of men and hounds. Whip won his cast by splitting off from the cast and having coon. I was pleased with his performance. I have to admit, even with a solid score of 575+ I was nervous to see if it would hold through Saturday night. We ended up placing 5th place NiteCh and BBOA Overall High Scoring male. Big Thanks to Zac Kea for being my riding partner and helping us get there to compete. looks like we will be hitting s local hunt or two this weekend depending on the conditions. Thanks again to everyone involved and TREE BLUE!

Team Blazin' Timber

Old Post 09-01-2014 02:42 AM
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

Congrats bud! I'm proud of you and Whip. He's as nice a young dog as I've ever seen go.

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 09-01-2014 09:40 AM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IAHUNTER
UKC Forum Member

Whip

Curtis,
Congrats on the Win!!
Whip is a good looking Hound, and sure is bred to be doing what he is doing getting those CW's.
Nice meeting you and Zac this last weekend, , and letting us hang out at your campfire. It was a good time.

Stuffy

CH NITECH 'PR' JJ'S CODE BLUE JENNY
(QUALIFIED FOR THE 2008 WORLD HUNT)
NITECH 'PR' RATTLER'S CODE BLUE HUTCH
( QUALIFIED FOR THE 2008 WORLD HUNT)
GRCH GRNITE CH PR RATTLERS CODE BLUE PETE
(RATTLER X JENNY)
DUAL GRCH BULLET II`s CODE BLUE CRICKET
(BULLET II X JENNY) 2nd runner up 2012 young guns senior division
2nd NiteCh Sat Night 2013 BBOA Days,
2013 IA State BBOA Queen of Hunt
Qualified for 2014 World Hunt,
2nd NiteCH Sat night 2014, BBOA Days
BBOA Queen of Hunt 2014
Zone III 2014 Queen of Hunt
2014 Autumn Oaks Mini Slam high scoring dog Thurs Final Four

Old Post 09-01-2014 09:43 AM
IAHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IAHUNTER Click here to Send IAHUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email IAHUNTER Find more posts by IAHUNTER Add IAHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote