UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog box essentials..
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Real men learn early what poison ivy and oak look like and to check for briars.

You’re right and some lessons I would imagine you only need once haha

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2019 11:55 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

You guys are way too serious on this matter, LOL! 1'st and foremost, you'd better have a dog worth hunting in your box or none of the things mentioned above matter! I like to travel as lite as possible. Summer hunting,(plenty of water) for you and the dog. Winter, warm bedding for the box. Other than that, I can carry all I need with me in my vest. I've done this for a lot of years and hunted when most things mentioned above didn't exist. Can't say that all the new gadgets aren't handy but I had just as much fun back then as now, maybe more. Don't ruin your time in the woods with your hound by playing the what if card all the time. Things are going to happen and most we have no control over. If your dogs ear gets cut, throw some mud on it, most of the time it will stop bleeding on its own when the dog cools down. If not, then you need to quit hunting and take care of you dog. One thing is definitely a must and that is TP! Just use common sense. JMO. This opinion and $5 may get you a cup of coffee, LOL!

Old Post 01-20-2019 01:14 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMW
UKC Forum Member

I agree with Ron Moore in the last post, most of my stuff is on me when I leave the truck. But not a bad idea to have first aid etc. Maybe a roll of duck tape.

...."Wilkes' Zoom".... (Straight off Dohoney's Tom Horn)
...."Wilkes' Brooke".... (Sackett Jr., Slow Talking Buzz bred)
morganwilkes1.wixsite.com/wilkeswalkers

Old Post 01-21-2019 11:42 AM
DMW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMW Click here to Send DMW a Private Message Visit DMW's homepage! Find more posts by DMW Add DMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Water and bowl. Many dog boxes have Water tanks attached. Machete and a tow strap somewhere in the truck.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 01-21-2019 at 08:27 PM

Old Post 01-21-2019 12:43 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Excellant Mr Conkey, water and a bowl are "essentials" during the summer.

Old Post 01-21-2019 01:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Dog BOX essential.... A COON DOG ! as stated earlier .

Old Post 01-21-2019 06:43 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlkrhuntr
UKC Forum Member

A couple screw in tree steps are always handy to have. You might only use them once a year, but handy to have if you have one that gets a wild hair to climb before they know better.

Old Post 01-22-2019 02:36 AM
wlkrhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlkrhuntr Click here to Send wlkrhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by wlkrhuntr Add wlkrhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Many things have been mentioned.

I try to have a chain to pull my truck. Blue coat. I bring a spare pair of glasses and eye drops. I wear contacts and have poked eye with a sticker and knocked contact out. Very painful.

Good thread I think! I want to mount a shovel in truck for when dogs get into holes.

Old Post 01-22-2019 03:11 AM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

Re: Many things have been mentioned.

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Thornburg
I try to have a chain to pull my truck. Blue coat. I bring a spare pair of glasses and eye drops. I wear contacts and have poked eye with a sticker and knocked contact out. Very painful.

Good thread I think! I want to mount a shovel in truck for when dogs get into holes.

I keep a army etool the little folding shovels in my box for when dogs get in holes

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 01-23-2019 01:34 AM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If y'all keep this up, you will need an extra truck to haul your essentials in.

Old Post 01-23-2019 01:58 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote