UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog box essentials..
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Dog box essentials..

Going through the top storage before heading out tonight and was curious as to what kind of gear and other stuff ya’ll like to keep in the box?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2019 11:01 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Toilet paper.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2019 11:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

I like to keep an extra pair of clothes, shoes, batteries bolt cutters, master lock set, extra collar and lead. Aldo keep an extra light then of course a million .22 bullets. Of course the rifle itself. Aldo keep my old Astro 220 and multiple Dc-40’s just in case.

Old Post 01-18-2019 11:21 PM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

Tar that should have to go unsaid. My truck always has a roll up under the seat.

Old Post 01-18-2019 11:22 PM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

T.p. Is definitely near top of the list haha.

Old Post 01-19-2019 12:42 AM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Extra collars, leads, light and DEET

Old Post 01-19-2019 01:09 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

I'll add a couple....Baby wipes and hand sanitizer for when a dog rolls his collar around in crap. I weigh all my coons for the heck of it so I have some fish scales too.

Old Post 01-19-2019 04:48 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Toilet paper.

Tar

I keep that stuff in a zip lock bag that is in my pack.Which I carry with me.It won't do you any good in the dog box when you are back in the woods and no where near your truck.By the time you get to it it might be to late.

Old Post 01-19-2019 06:19 AM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

If dog rolls in crap no matter how good that is a deal breaker. Must go! I keep a big first aid kit... stapeler,antiseptic,quick clot,saleen solution,antibiotics etc
Also like to keep rain suit and a good ol compass

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 01-19-2019 01:09 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

If dog rolls in crap no matter how good that is a deal breaker. Must go! I keep a big first aid kit... stapeler,antiseptic,quick clot,saleen solution,antibiotics etc

Old Post 01-19-2019 01:09 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

First aid kit, coat, extra leash and bug spray for summer time.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 01-19-2019 02:24 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bottle of liquid benedryl for snake bites.

Tar

Old Post 01-19-2019 02:35 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

Besides the things everyone would think of, I keep a life jacket in mine. After the last time I swam our local river to retrieve a dog, on the swim back, he got on my back and pushed me under!I decided right then I'd never do it again without a life vest.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 01-19-2019 04:00 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Add Thermacell , light ,dexamethezone ,Benadryl ,syringe,

Old Post 01-19-2019 04:18 PM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

12-pack

Old Post 01-19-2019 04:26 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Toilet paper.
Tar

What a sissy. Real men use leaves.

Old Post 01-19-2019 04:55 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Charmin 10 ply lol.

I deserve the best.

Tarbaby

Old Post 01-19-2019 05:41 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Surprised that you didn't say corncobs ! Dave

Old Post 01-19-2019 06:00 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Patrick Moore
UKC Forum Member

I keep in truck or dogbox the following:

- First aid kit
- Snake bite kit for dogs
- QuikClot for bleeding / wounds (Human or dogs)
- Change of clothes & shoes
- xtra leads / collars
- gallon size zip lock bags
- roll of paper towels
- wipes
- raingear
- Flashlight

Old Post 01-19-2019 06:04 PM
Patrick Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick Moore Click here to Send Patrick Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Patrick Moore Find more posts by Patrick Moore Add Patrick Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike thomason
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What a sissy. Real men use leaves.

That cracked me up 😀😀
If u get ahold of some poison oak leaves u will be acting like more than a sissy
Need that whole bottle of bennedril

Old Post 01-19-2019 06:10 PM
mike thomason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike thomason Click here to Send mike thomason a Private Message Find more posts by mike thomason Add mike thomason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Never thought about a life jacket but you never know what might come in handy.. Don’t want to chance the poison oak or grabbing a briar in a handful of leaves haha!

Old Post 01-19-2019 09:42 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Real men learn early what poison ivy and oak look like and to check for briars.

Old Post 01-19-2019 10:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Real men figured out the Sears catolog wasn't just for reading............ Except the glossy pages lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-19-2019 10:24 PM
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter747

Evidently you can find or train a lot more good dogs than I can if you can cull for that. More power to you.

Old Post 01-19-2019 10:29 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Don’t like Shi$@y dogs will NOT tolerate nastiness or rude behavior in dogs plain and simple. Mine are clean I keep them that way. I had a old dog that would stay away from dogs that roll in crap and I figured if a dog was that way I’d follow suit. It cost no more to feed a good dog and a clean dog than a nasty S**t covered dog!

Old Post 01-19-2019 11:22 PM