UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tracking System?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jimmy Miller
UKC Forum Member

Tracking System?

I have a innotek rd400 it will pick up 216,217,219,220 freq and different channels. It goes like 216.005....216.055....216.105.....216.155 an so on. Questions is do I have to get a tracking color for just those channels or can I track a collar close to the channel like 216.010...216.060

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/...73850_233-1.jpg

Countryboyjlm@yahoo.com
Jimmy Miller
Pink Hill,NC

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:04 AM
Jimmy Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimmy Miller Click here to Send Jimmy Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Jimmy Miller Find more posts by Jimmy Miller Add Jimmy Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

Close to the channel will track but the closer to the exact match the better it will track.

I used to have one of those and used Wildlife collars with it and they were much better than the Innotek collars that came with the unit.

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:14 AM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimmy Miller
UKC Forum Member

Thanks...don't have any collars with it ..the exact channels are hard to find a used one I have found a 217.010 it is close to 217.005 which my tracking system said it can pick up

Countryboyjlm@yahoo.com
Jimmy Miller
Pink Hill,NC

Old Post 09-29-2013 03:26 AM
Jimmy Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimmy Miller Click here to Send Jimmy Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Jimmy Miller Find more posts by Jimmy Miller Add Jimmy Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Hmm

I'd say you better get collars to match. Tracking with the beep beep is tough enough when they match. I used a beep beep for 20 years. Now I use and really like the garmin 220.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 09-29-2013 07:20 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Miller
Thanks...don't have any collars with it ..the exact channels are hard to find a used one I have found a 217.010 it is close to 217.005 which my tracking system said it can pick up

217.005 is the frequency that particular channel/crystal is tuned for. That tune knob, if the innotek has one, allows you to vary that frequency up and down some from the "zero Beat" which is considered dead center and when you will hear no beep, and only watch the signal meter bounce up and down.
How much variance there is in that tune knob will determine whether it will work on that collar you found or not. That frequency difference may even prevent you from finding a tuning knob location that is pleasing to your ears while you are trying to track that collar.

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:31 PM
garminguru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garminguru Click here to Send garminguru a Private Message Find more posts by garminguru Add garminguru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote