UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > dogtra tracking system question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
penpal
UKC Forum Member

dogtra tracking system question

Dogtra path finder 2 tracking systems I have a question for you hounds men that have this system . How far will they track the advertisement says 9 miles an how well an how long will they work with out quiting on you . I have a garmin system it works well but want track over a mile then looses them it claims to track 5 miles but I havnt seen that . thinking about up grading .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-29-2022 11:27 PM
penpal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for penpal Click here to Send penpal a Private Message Click Here to Email penpal Find more posts by penpal Add penpal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

Try a long range collapsable antenna on your handheld. If I loose connection I can put the long range on and I've got them. Not sure just how far it will reach.

Old Post 06-30-2022 12:02 AM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
penpal
UKC Forum Member

thanks for your reply I appreciate it

Old Post 06-30-2022 02:40 PM
penpal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for penpal Click here to Send penpal a Private Message Click Here to Email penpal Find more posts by penpal Add penpal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

I sold my garmin alpha 200i and bought the dogtra pathfinder2. I don't regret it one bit. With the stock antenna I've reached 2.5 miles in rolling hill country of Central Missouri. The maps and simplicity of its functions are great also. I used it at American redbone days this year and had zero cell service a good part of the time and I still had great maps. The countdown timer and stopwatch are also easily available during a competition hunt.

NT CH CROOKED RIVER TWO TONE ZEB
NT CH OLIPHANTS DBL BARREL SHOTGUN
GR NT CH CROOKED RIVER RED TURKEY HTX
NT Ch CROOKED RIVER RED SASSY HTX
CROOKED RIVER REDTICK ROWDY

Old Post 06-30-2022 09:12 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travis morgan
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder2

Travis O.I just bought one.So how do you get the maps in offline mode?Save them at your hunting spots with no service and then download them at home?Probably a dumb question lol.I haven’t got mine yet but should have it the first of the week.Thanks for any and all information

WIPEOUT 3 STROKER

Old Post 07-02-2022 09:21 PM
travis morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis morgan Click here to Send travis morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email travis morgan Find more posts by travis morgan Add travis morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

What I did in Iowa was zoom out showing the entire state when I still had cell service. Once I lost service the map was already loaded and available to use. If you know ahead of time where you're going to be you can go to map settings and use offline map downloads. Hope this helps. Conkeys website had some helpful videos that you might find helpful.

Old Post 07-02-2022 09:49 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Travis O.
I sold my garmin alpha 200i and bought the dogtra pathfinder2. I don't regret it one bit. With the stock antenna I've reached 2.5 miles in rolling hill country of Central Missouri. The maps and simplicity of its functions are great also. I used it at American redbone days this year and had zero cell service a good part of the time and I still had great maps. The countdown timer and stopwatch are also easily available during a competition hunt.

Where is the countdown timer?

Old Post 07-02-2022 10:39 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

Timer can be changed to any length of hunt you're in

Old Post 07-03-2022 12:47 AM
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Travis O.

Timer can be changed to any length of hunt you're in

Oh, thanks- I missed that you have 2nd gen. I have the first gen Pathfinder, I think the countdown timer is an upgrade from mine.

Old Post 07-03-2022 01:16 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote