UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > tag along telemetry collars ?? Any experiences ???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vacurman
UKC Forum Member

tag along telemetry collars ?? Any experiences ???

Any input on these would be great. Too heavy? Work good? Likes? Dislikes?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-01-2019 04:15 PM
vacurman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vacurman Click here to Send vacurman a Private Message Click Here to Email vacurman Find more posts by vacurman Add vacurman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Have 5 of them they work good mine are the 16000 hour Johnson. If I had to nit pick they are little big and bulky some what heavy but you eliminate a collar. With that said weighs the same as running 2 collars. I’ve found that you need to lr the Garmin collar get hooked up to your box before activating the telemetry collar as it seems to interfere with the collar connection but once you get connected to the box it doesn’t seem to bother the tracking

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 02-01-2019 06:30 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vacurman
UKC Forum Member

!!

Bearhunter747. Thanks for the input !! Ive got a couple 8000hr collars may have them converted.

Old Post 02-01-2019 06:50 PM
vacurman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vacurman Click here to Send vacurman a Private Message Click Here to Email vacurman Find more posts by vacurman Add vacurman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrburneisen
UKC Forum Member

tag a long

I really like the one I got from west coast telemetry. I get a more powerful signal out of the west coast tag a long than I get out of my quicktrack collars. I had a problem with it interfering with my Garmin T5 collar and astro 320 unit. So like stated before, you can turn on the Garmin collar and wait to get a signal on the dog before taking the magnet off the telemetry collar. I ended up taking the tag a long off the T5 and put it on an extra collar. It's a cool concept, I just got tired of foolin around with it.

Old Post 02-07-2019 09:42 PM
mrburneisen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrburneisen Click here to Send mrburneisen a Private Message Click Here to Email mrburneisen Find more posts by mrburneisen Add mrburneisen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tmac
New UKC Forum Member

I have 2 west coast telemetry tag along and there really good .
But I just pick up a magnum telemetry tag along and I really like the way it’s built better . Rides on the gps better. Check there web site out .

Old Post 02-15-2019 05:32 AM
Tmac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tmac Click here to Send Tmac a Private Message Find more posts by Tmac Add Tmac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

Magnum telemetry is the way to go. I like the smallest one they have. It keeps the weight down. Make sure you attach your sidekick to your collar in a way that allows the sidekick antenna to run out in the opposite direction of your gps antenna. Otherwise you will get a little interference and your gps signal won’t be as strong.

Old Post 02-23-2019 04:22 PM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote