UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New old doggie rules proposals.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

New old doggie rules proposals.

Any dog that leaves the leash babbling then ends up a mile deep treed with a coon it receives no plus points and is automaticity minused 200- !

Tarbaby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2019 12:55 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Tar I bet you can walk through a bed of fire ants bare footed. Want bother you one bit.

Old Post 05-30-2019 01:59 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Shoot no them little suckers hurt !!

Tar

Old Post 05-30-2019 02:09 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I figured all the times you have been snakebit that you would be immune to pain. Lol. Dave.

Old Post 05-30-2019 08:57 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Mr Richards I thought the same thing. A post like this pain is not an option for him seems like it. He loves it

Old Post 05-30-2019 10:15 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

It was a joke I am in a really good mood lol. Now if y’all would help me clean these fish sheeesh it’s hot summers here !!

Tar

Old Post 05-30-2019 10:52 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You need s buddy to fish with, give him all the fish and let him clean and split with you. Lol. Seriously, I hate to clean fish, my fishing buddy don't mind, he gets all the fish and brings me part of the cleaned fillets. Heck he even brings me some fried fillets from time to time. Lol. Dave

Old Post 05-31-2019 12:47 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Lavon caught a 40 pounder me and Paul finally got it dip netted. We caught 26. That were 3 pounds and up we all clean the fish me and Paul’s freezers are full so lavon got to take them. River was really to rank for me today but more rain coming this week.

Tar

Old Post 05-31-2019 12:59 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You need to start crappie fishing, catfish are good eating, crappie are better eating. Do you freeze your fillets in water, I think you said you did! I ate some walleye filets recently that were 3 years old and tasted like they were fresh caught. Caught some 14 and 15 inch crappie last week they were slabs...........yummy. Dave

Old Post 05-31-2019 02:29 AM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: New old doggie rules proposals.

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Any dog that leaves the leash babbling then ends up a mile deep treed with a coon it receives no plus points and is automaticity minused 200- !

Tarbaby

they should be scored like this . 1 set of tree points just like strike points . quit rewarding them with 125 points for being last to tree , give them 25 for being last to tree or next available position . being alone has absolutely nothing to do with a hounds ability to tree a coon any better than the hounds it was cast with ,

Last edited by thomasg on 06-01-2019 at 09:28 AM

Old Post 06-01-2019 09:20 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Am not quite understanding the don’t give them 125 to be last to tree. First to tree should get 125 an 125 if they are split. They deserve the 125 for getting split an having a coon. Certain people feel like they shouldn’t. Going in for a 100 if split would make sense.

Old Post 06-01-2019 03:01 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Thomasg

Are you really serious? What makes you think that any dog that trees their own coon deserves less points just because another dog trees a separate coon before that dog trees? We don't punish dogs that actually tree a coon, that's what they are supposed to do. Dogs have enough of a disadvantage with the strike points getting scored by position and now you want separate trees to be scored the way strike points are scored. LMAO. Dave

Old Post 06-02-2019 01:39 AM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Thomasg

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Are you really serious? What makes you think that any dog that trees their own coon deserves less points just because another dog trees a separate coon before that dog trees? We don't punish dogs that actually tree a coon, that's what they are supposed to do. Dogs have enough of a disadvantage with the strike points getting scored by position and now you want separate trees to be scored the way strike points are scored. LMAO. Dave
dead serious , dogs should be scored by the order they tree,1st too 4th . a honest strike dog that goes in for 50 strike works a track up and trees first should win a cast over the dog that leaves barking at nothing and is 4th to tree a coon it run heads on to and puts it up a bush a mile away .the rules were written years ago when dogs packed ,now a babbling hound trained with a e collar to be alone is the winner , we need a rule change to fit the style dogs we see now days,

Old Post 06-02-2019 04:10 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

I would rather see 100 strike points awarded on split trees only.
Even if deep and lonely is a mile deep, so long as the leash lock is done away with.
Positional strike points left as is, on community trees.

Old Post 06-02-2019 04:33 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tar

quote:
You need to start crappie fishing, catfish are good eating, crappie are better eating. Do you freeze your fillets in water, I think you said you did! I ate some walleye filets recently that were 3 years old and tasted like they were fresh caught. Caught some 14 and 15 inch crappie last week they were slabs...........yummy. Dave

Man thats some big Sac-A-Lait, the wife , daughter, and myself caught some might big ones last week also. I didn't measure them, so it aint no use in me trying to tell you how big. But the biggest one was the biggest I have ever caught.

Old Post 06-02-2019 05:18 AM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dogwhisper Tommy Gayle

I like your thinking, strike points on separate trees with coon should be separate just like the trees, this would equalize the auto strike dog treeing a mile deep with an honest strike dog treeing one close. Separate tracks should be scored separate as is separate trees. Tommy, I wish we had the size crappie you guys have. Those were exceptional crappie that we caught last week, ours normally run 10 to 11 inches. We have a 10 inch minimum size limit and 15 per person limit. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 06-02-2019 at 05:49 AM

Old Post 06-02-2019 05:38 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Thomasg

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
dead serious , dogs should be scored by the order they tree,1st too 4th . a honest strike dog that goes in for 50 strike works a track up and trees first should win a cast over the dog that leaves barking at nothing and is 4th to tree a coon it run heads on to and puts it up a bush a mile away .the rules were written years ago when dogs packed ,now a babbling hound trained with a e collar to be alone is the winner , we need a rule change to fit the style dogs we see now days,

Thomas I am just guessing here but I bet you probably , breed , raise and train your own based on certain traits you like. Which is not necessarily a bad thing either.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-02-2019 01:58 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogwhisper Tommy Gayle

quote:
I like your thinking, strike points on separate trees with coon should be separate just like the trees, this would equalize the auto strike dog treeing a mile deep with an honest strike dog treeing one close. Separate tracks should be scored separate as is separate trees. Tommy, I wish we had the size crappie you guys have. Those were exceptional crappie that we caught last week, ours normally run 10 to 11 inches. We have a 10 inch minimum size limit and 15 per person limit. Dave

Now Dave that right there is a dat gum good IDEA.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-02-2019 01:59 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Case in point. 2 dogs .. made 4 trees in a 70 yd span less than 35 min. ... Each dog backed one another once, each dog had a split. All were plus trees ..
That's 600 + each....Takeing away a babbleing strike advantage equalizes the strike on split trees!

Old Post 06-02-2019 05:23 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote