UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wild willy
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
marmack blues
UKC Forum Member

Wild willy

His training methods do work. I have been using his method of training for almost 4 yrs. If you are tired of culling hounds or starting over on dogs, because of a single issue. Give this man's methods a try. I doubt if you put the time in on your hound you won't be disappointed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2020 12:27 AM
marmack blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marmack blues Click here to Send marmack blues a Private Message Click Here to Email marmack blues Find more posts by marmack blues Add marmack blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Wild Willy's methods do work. And we are at a time that we probably need them the most with our hounds. The genetics are in place for a lot of our hounds today to make a nice coondog. You just have to get past all the nonsense they bring if not corrected and trained. I think one of Wild Willy's deepest passions fits into exactly what is going on with todays hounds.
Wild Willy had a love for these dogs and doesn't want to see any dog mistreated or sent to the boneyard. When the problem can be corrected with some responsibility and time spent by the owners. The world of having pups and them being in a mental state of maturing at a clam pace and not driving he owners nuts is gone in my opinion. These pups now have the drive and energy to turn any kennel or house into a place of madness with their behavior.

Here is what might be an irony to all this. I have talked to Willy several times and his passion came from seeing a lot of dogs with aggression problems. Just end up in the boneyard. HE WANTS TO STOP THAT. I may be one with that thought process. When the facts are lot goes on at a tree the handlers never see, It is just what are hounds have become. Just like being crazy pups. Willy understands that dogs with a genetic driven aggression have no place in coon hunting. He also understands. majority of the aggression issues can be dealt with because they are not genetic but learned and permitted. In other words inherited from the environment the dog is placed in. Create the environment for positive development. Create a positive outcome for the dog. Sounds like what todays pups need for stability and balance for a lot of behavior problems we just take for granted. Saying they are just being a pup which soon turns into being a crazy pup.

Old Post 02-10-2020 11:10 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I also put some of Willys methods to work with my hounds. Have been a fan going on 5 years now.

Old Post 02-10-2020 12:15 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Willie's book and DVD will be the best money you ever spent on coon hunting.

Old Post 02-10-2020 03:34 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Willie's book and DVD will be the best money you ever spent on coon hunting.
I was a little disappointed. Walk with wick any volume much better.

Old Post 02-10-2020 05:23 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
You obviously never had an aggressive tree dog. John Wick says shoot them. Willie's method rehabilitates them.

Old Post 02-10-2020 07:03 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Kirk NC
UKC Forum Member

Just received my book and dvd last week. Great read I’m looking forward to watching the DVD this evening and start putting Willy’s technique’s to work!

National Hound And Tree Dog Association

Introductory Membership
http://nhtda.org/index.php/membership

Old Post 02-10-2020 10:26 PM
Jim Kirk NC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Kirk NC Click here to Send Jim Kirk NC a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Kirk NC Find more posts by Jim Kirk NC Add Jim Kirk NC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
You obviously never had an aggressive tree dog. John Wick says shoot them. Willie's method rehabilitates them.
I wish

Old Post 02-11-2020 02:45 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I wish
Well, if you get another one, call Willie.

Old Post 02-11-2020 03:50 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:

This was a joke, right?

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-11-2020 05:59 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I’m not a fan of the Walk With Wick books.

Old Post 02-11-2020 08:08 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Guys Very much!

Thank you Pamjohnson! thank you for purchasing one of my books and even more so thank you for posting feedback! I need all the advice I can get and the best advice is constructive when a person can take and learn from it. Know I am listening and learning every day. I understand my book is written in a new style and differs from all before. It is meant to be used while we train so all questions are answered in real-time as we proceed with the training.
My works are not hypothesis style information as most people are used to when reading. Rather each training method is broken down to exact step by step instructions that work on all different temperments of Hound, allowing every user to fully understand how to get professional results by talking true Dog language!
I wrote this book first because over 90% of all Hounds Will experience one or More of the problems contained in this book throughout their lifetime. Including all the health information that causes these issues to form in the first place. Now the owners of my instruction manual are in the "Know" and are never guessing or wasting valuable time or money!!

What I know can not be lost but there is always room for improvement. I appreciate every comment as we move forward as I am always looking for new ways to promote and grow our sport!!! in a formate that Children can be more involved in !!!!

For when we put down a Good Tree Dog for a single issue, Newcomers to this put down the whole sport. Never to hunt again especially if little to no positive advice is available.

If a young man, women new to our sport has a good deserving Tree Dog that can be and is saved HE or She, Will Coon Hunt, the rest of their lives.
That's WildWill'ys Way / Good life gets a Good Chance, and Hound Owners get verbal control along with a Lifetime of Knowledge for their whole family to attain.

Starting, Finishing, in Wood Obedience, Service Dog Job training for Hounds are being produced Now!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 02-11-2020 08:16 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

this is the first I've heard of wild willie.

Old Post 02-11-2020 08:42 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

i can't wait for the next book !

Old Post 02-11-2020 08:57 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Thank You

Thank you Guys, It means more than you know to me. My next instruction manual is up for debate as I wish to offer what Hunters need the most.
We are looking at moving to full video productions as well as Ebooks to make everything more available to Houndsman!

Please post below, what topic and format you would like to see us produce next!

Starting young Hounds is what I'm planning on next but I have much Much more to offer, like Obedience Training your Hound,( as this adds years to a mans hunting life providing better health) Finishing and Service Dog training as our Hounds are way more suited for these jobs than the world believes!!

Please post what you would like to see next!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 02-25-2020 07:29 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

I bought a copy last night. Looking forward to reading it. I need to make mine bark more on track

Old Post 02-26-2020 12:01 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

DOES ANYONE HAVE A DOG THAT WAS A ALLEGATOR AT THE TREE THAT IS NOW A ANGEL ?

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 02-26-2020 01:44 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marmack blues
UKC Forum Member

I didnt

A friend of mine did and went thru the aggression training as i hunt with it and it is just fine.

Old Post 02-26-2020 01:48 PM
marmack blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marmack blues Click here to Send marmack blues a Private Message Click Here to Email marmack blues Find more posts by marmack blues Add marmack blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

I just ordered the book. I’ll have to admit I’m a little skeptical but if you can fix just one dog it’s worth it. I might even go down and straighten Yadkintar’s out. lol

Old Post 02-26-2020 03:06 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oklared
DOES ANYONE HAVE A DOG THAT WAS A ALLEGATOR AT THE TREE THAT IS NOW A ANGEL ?
Mine wasn't an alligator, but she was as bad a face barker as I've ever seen. Now she never looks at another dog. I'm hunting an 8 month old pup with her.

Old Post 02-26-2020 04:33 PM
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

First and foremost I must say this book is real. It is not just a book for a mean dog. That’s not what it is. It’s a book on how to train your dog TO TRAIN. Everything thing we want in a hunting dog revolves around them funneling their aggression to do what we want. By reading this book you learn a few basic commands that teach you how to communicate with your dog while it’s in adrenaline by using their language. Willy’s help me save a dog that had bad misplaced aggression with people. Even the winningest handler of all time told me I needed to cull him. It was easily fixed in my garage. When He started telling me what we were going to do I said this is crazy it can’t be that simple. I sleep on it and thought it’s so simple, and couldn’t believe no one as ever thought of this. It worked and the dog is now safe around kids or anybody.

Old Post 02-27-2020 12:20 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

IM TALKING ABOUT A MEAN ONE AT THE TREE, NOT JUST A FACE BARKER.

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 02-27-2020 12:39 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

I have

I have and I've taught many people to do the same. However, I do Not Tolerate Genetic Aggression, my book is not for genetically mean Dogs. I am against K-9 aggression so much that I wrote the book to stop it.

This is the issue at hand, over 90% of every Dog having one or more of these problems is Not genetically caused, rather they learned how to get away with it!!! Chewing, Tree aggression, Jacking, Running Climbing, Off Game, Nipping the Handler, Food aggression (the #1 cause) are ALL Forms of Misplaced aggression.

But how do we tell if it is Genetic or NOT ???
Easy, If the Dog in question was not aggressive or shy or did not have the problem early in life it is Not a Genetic issue. Rather it was learnt in / Learnt in can be Learnt out!

Genetic issues show themselves early in life as they are born with them. Dogs acting shy or aggressive for no reason early in life are most likely genetically caused. There is no rehabilitation for these Dogs as they do not have the mental ability.

Ever single Hound / Dog my system has saved was a Good Deserving Dog gone bad, which was caused more often by other Hounds in competition hunts. Our Hounds learn from monkey see monkey do Faster than all other breeds I have trained. Allowing bad habits to start so quickly it gets out of control on us. These issues cost us Much time and Money and new Hunters just quit out of frustration.

My book/instruction manual End all of this !!!! because it is Puppy Prevention for everything they do wrong. As it explains in detail how to recognize and rehabilitate these things in older Dogs as well every reader Knows Exactly what to do to stop it when it starts to happen in a young Hound!

My Book could go by many Names as it covers, Puppy Prevention, Child Safty, Training you Dog to Train, Heath cause manual, Breaking of Miss Place aggression, The correct balance of Positive Reinforcement and Discipline, I like Speed training or Verbal Dog Control the best.

If you go to my YouTube channel WildWilly's Way you can watch the High Tree Pressure Finish video. See if you can tell which 4 of these Tree Dogs on the Tree where Gators before my training?

All 4 Hounds where Not genetically aggressive even though the would kill other Dogs at a Tree. Thes Dogs where normal acting around other Dogs and people all the time except when Hunting. Gentlemen, they were simply Alphas that had learned to be food aggressive around there food pan and it follows them to the Tree.

Everyone that I know including myself breeds for independency! Independency goes hand in hand with Alpa males, females and food possession/aggression, they can not be separated as they are the same. An Alpha is more competitive, harder going and Trees alone, this is because He is Born to eat alone. We must learn to understand it so that we may make wiser breeding decisions before it ruins our sport.

I only have one Rule when it comes to the things I have decided to share, If you have Children or know a Young Hunter or Dog enthusiast "You share, teach them all Puppy Prevention so they may keep their investment Treed Safe!!!

Pm for DVD Video !!

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 02-27-2020 at 09:56 PM

Old Post 02-27-2020 09:31 PM
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

I'll video

I'll Try to video, But my system Brakes Most of the aggression before we get to the Tree (that's the Key) My system is designed to get the result halfway through so the last half of the training just solidifies it.

I am working with a six-year-old male now that has won $4000 in hunts but has gotten ate up so much that now he will fight back ferociously. This Hound is Not and should never have become (genetically) Tree aggressive. Rather He is defensively aggressive because of past experiences. Simply he was breed to stay and decided he was not leaving.
I'll record him before and after if I can get the owner's permission and post it on YouTube.

But REMEMBER No one can or should Fix genetically caused issues my Book is Prevention for all Good Coon-Hounds.

Pm for DVD Video !!

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 02-27-2020 at 10:17 PM

Old Post 02-27-2020 10:11 PM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

THANK YOU, YOU CANT FIX IT BORN THAT WAY.

4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 02-28-2020 01:13 PM