UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Fresh sweet tea!
Pages (369): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shaw72
UKC Forum Member

Bond great pics. Good job with the hounds. Will be praying for Mr. Combs.

Home of: My Blues!!
Males
Ch `PR` Turkey Creek Wallaces Luke.
' PR' Midnight Blue Haze.
Females
' PR' Big River Midnight Alibi
' PR' Bennett's Hilltop Blue Sammie

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2013 11:02 PM
Shaw72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaw72 Click here to Send Shaw72 a Private Message Click Here to Email Shaw72 Find more posts by Shaw72 Add Shaw72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

Bond
like the pics. I too praying for Mr Combs.
Vabluegal
We do not need wolves. The Md END also tries to coverstuff up. Anytime someone sees a big cat they say they are not here. Some have pics of tracks or even casts made. I see one the rifle will crack!!!!:-)

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 08-18-2013 11:19 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corky crowder
UKC Forum Member

VABLUE
GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE FAIR BRANDON AND SARAH ENJOYED IT
KELLY
GLAD THINGS GOING BETTER
BOND
NICE PIC WILL BE PRAYING FOR MR COMBS

CB&L KENNELS
HOME OF TREETALKIN
BLACK & TANS
CORKY CROWDER
BRANDON MAYO
LINDA CROWDER

PR TREETALKIN LITTLE SASSY
TREETALKIN TROOPERS BLEW
TREETALKIN RANGER DANGER
TREETALKIN LIL SHOOTEM UP JAKE
GRCHPR TREETALKIN NIGHTHAWK GONE BUT NEVER WILL BE FORGOTTEN R.I.P.

Old Post 08-19-2013 01:46 AM
corky crowder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corky crowder Click here to Send corky crowder a Private Message Click Here to Email corky crowder Find more posts by corky crowder Add corky crowder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corky crowder
UKC Forum Member

GOODMORNING
65 AND RAIN
ROB
PRAYING FOR YOU
ALL
HAVE GOOD DAY

CB&L KENNELS
HOME OF TREETALKIN
BLACK & TANS
CORKY CROWDER
BRANDON MAYO
LINDA CROWDER

TREETALKIN TROOPERS BLEW
TREETALKIN RANGER DANGER

Old Post 08-19-2013 12:13 PM
corky crowder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corky crowder Click here to Send corky crowder a Private Message Click Here to Email corky crowder Find more posts by corky crowder Add corky crowder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slough
UKC Forum Member

Morn'n. 10 inches of rain since thursday night. Corky, the ponds are filling up. Water and rain scared a bunch of them off Sat night. 13 in hunt and only 3 in show.

Prayers sent , Corky.

Old Post 08-19-2013 02:22 PM
Slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slough Click here to Send Slough a Private Message Click Here to Email Slough Find more posts by Slough Add Slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

GOOD MORNING ALL.
TODAY IS D DAY. OPERATION AT 11:30.
YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD ONE.
TALK LATER.

Old Post 08-19-2013 02:46 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slough
UKC Forum Member

There was a wife and husband out golfing one day. The husband wasn't a very good player and the wife was an accomplished player. Whenever the husband hit a bad shot, the wife would laugh and make fun of his plight. On one hole, he swung mightily at his drive, producing a huge slice which sailed into dense woods. Wearily, he trudged into the woods to retrieve his ball, followed by the laughter and smart remarks from his wife.

The husband searched for about ten minutes for his ball. He was about to give up when he spied it about ten feet in front of him, resting up against what looked like an old oil lamp. Curious, he picked up the lamp and gave it a quick rub against his pant leg. Instantly, a plume of smoke erupted from the lamp. A moment later, a genie stood in front of him.

"Oh Master," the genie entoned, "You have released me from a thousand years of captivity in the lamp. To show my gratitude, I will grant you three wishes."

"OK," replied the flabbergasted husband.

"There is a catch; however." the genie continued. "Whatever wish I grant you, I must also grant to your wife a hundred times over."

Thinking for a minute, the husband agreed.

"My first wish," he said, "Is to be the greatest golfer in the world."

The genie agreed, but reminded him that his wife would be a hundred times greater than him. His wish was granted.

"For my second wish," he said," I want ten million dollars."

"Done," said the genie, "But you realize that your wife now has a hundred times that amount."

"Now," the genie said, "What is your final wish."

"A mild heart attack"

Old Post 08-19-2013 07:27 PM
Slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slough Click here to Send Slough a Private Message Click Here to Email Slough Find more posts by Slough Add Slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slough
UKC Forum Member

A man has a dog that snores in his sleep. Annoyed, because she can't sleep, his wife goes to the vet to see if he can help. The vet tells the woman to tie a ribbon around the dog's testicles and he will stop snoring.

A few hours after going to bed, the dog is snoring as usual. Finally, unable to sleep, she goes to the closet and grabs a piece of ribbon and ties it around the dog's testicles, and sure enough, the dog stops snoring. The woman is amazed!

Later that night, her husband returns home drunk from being out with his buddies. He climbs into bed, falls asleep, and begins snoring very loudly. The woman thinks maybe the ribbon will work on him. So she goes to the closet again, grabs a piece of ribbon, and ties it around her husband's testicles. Amazingly, it also works on him!

The woman sleeps very soundly.
The next morning, the husband wakes up very hung over.
He tumbles into the bathroom to urinate. As he is standing in front of the toilet, he looks in the mirror and sees a blue ribbon attached to his privates.

He is very confused, and, as he walks back into the bedroom, he notices a red ribbon attached to his dog's testicles.

He shakes his head, looks down at the dog and says:
"Boy, don't remember where we were or what we did, but, by God, we got first and second place!"

Old Post 08-19-2013 07:32 PM
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

Rob,
Praying for a easy surgery and quick recovery.

Praying for th eCombs family.

Hope every one has a good day.

Prayers for all

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 08-19-2013 07:49 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slough
UKC Forum Member

There's a man sitting at a bar just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half an hour. Then, a big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down.

The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, "Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand seeing a man crying."

"No, it's not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I'm late to my office. My boss, in an outrage, fires me. When I leave the building to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police say they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there. The cab driver just drives away. I go home and when I get there, I find my wife sleeping with the gardener. I leave home and come to this bar. And when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink the rat poison I put in my drink before I can work up the nerve to swallow it."

Old Post 08-19-2013 08:53 PM
Slough
UKC Forum Member

Some people grow old gracefully, while others fight and scratch the whole way.

Andy's wife, refusing to give in to the looks of growing old, goes out and buys a new line of expensive cosmetics guaranteed to make her look years younger.

After a lengthy sitting before the mirror applying the "miracle" products, she asks her husband - "Darling, honestly, if you didn't know me, what age would you say I am?"

Looking over her carefully, Andy replied,...
"Judging from your skin, twenty;
your hair, eighteen;
and your figure, twenty five."

"Oh, you flatterer!" she gushed. as she reaches to give him a big hug and kiss, he stops her by saying...

"WHOA, hold on there sweety!" Andy interrupted.
"I haven't added them up yet!"

Old Post 08-19-2013 08:55 PM
Shaw72
UKC Forum Member

Good evening gang. 75& nice here today .
Rob prayers that surgery went good. Won't be long you'll be running threw them mountains again.
Mike I will try and give you a call tomorrow nite. Going to hit a couple of corn fields tonight.
James keep them coming.

Corky you'll been out any?
Vabluegal glad you'll had fun at the fair. Been out any?

Prayers for all.

Males
Females

Old Post 08-19-2013 09:51 PM
Shaw72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaw72 Click here to Send Shaw72 a Private Message Click Here to Email Shaw72 Find more posts by Shaw72 Add Shaw72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Rob pray things went well today

Vabluegirl did watch the show were the lady hyponist performed I thought it was funny

James the rain hurt the entry s here too but I believe people just do have the extra money they used to have either

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 08-19-2013 10:47 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Hi All!

Prayers to all in need and especially to Rob in hopes the surgery went well and recovery is awesome! For the man who lost his wife, for the groom who got cold feet (better now than AFTER!), for the bride...and for all the grumpy and disappointed guests, family etc...
Kelly, Nice to see you back!

Hi to Matt the BnT guy( forget your name on here...lol)....

To whoever said the Pats looked good.. Yup, not too bad!

Um... what else, Nice pix of pups, mountains, bears, bluetick cuddle session, and whatever else I'm forgeting! lol...
NICE weather here, comfortable today. Bob and I went over to the Big Apple farm and picked up a trailer load of rocks after he got home from work... it was SO nice out there and the APPLES are SO numerous this yr! WOW! Saw an early pumpkin in the pumpkin field and realized summer is waning! Akkk.......
NO gardening with mum this weekend..she didn't feel like doing any! I did SEWING! lol..For the first time in 30 or more yrs I used the sewing machine...not too well but I did some curtains and then had to do a whole hem by hand once they were hung(someone had NOT measured well! NOT ME!)... My hands are Killing me! lol... Nice weekend though.
OK... off to see wassup elsewhere... HappyHunting!
Heather

PS... the Treeing Blue Crew Thread was also closed... I thnk a couple others?

Old Post 08-20-2013 01:47 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corky crowder
UKC Forum Member

GOODMORNING
67 CLOUDY
SHAWN
I HAVENT BEEN OUT YET. SOUNDS LIKE YOU BEEN DOING GOOD
HEATHER
GLAD YOU HAD GOOD VISIT WITH MUM
ROB
HOPE ALL WENT WELL
JAMES
MINY MORE LIKE THAT THINGS WILL BE OVER FLOWING .GOOD JOKES
ALL HAVE GOOD DAY

CB&L KENNELS
HOME OF TREETALKIN
BLACK & TANS
CORKY CROWDER
BRANDON MAYO
LINDA CROWDER

TREETALKIN TROOPERS BLEW
TREETALKIN RANGER DANGER

Old Post 08-20-2013 12:16 PM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Mountain Critter

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 08-20-2013 01:58 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

Morning all,

Finally seeing some sun shine this morning. Hopefully it will dry soem stuff up and I can finish getting lot painted and stained.

WB,
Not a bad yard ornament.

Shawn,
Anytime this evening would be good. Hopefully stay nice enough to make a quick drop tonight.

Great jokes.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 08-20-2013 04:15 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

GOOD MORNING ALL.
THANKS FOR THE WELL WISHERS.
SURGERY WAS FINE EXCEPT THAT I DID NOT GET HOME UNTIL 7:30 pm.
I HAD TWO TEARS AND THEY HAD TO CUT 40% OF THECARTILIDGE AWAY. NOW THE HEALING PROCESS. I DID NOT SLEEP WELL ALL NIGHT. I HAVE TO BE ON MY BACK. I NORMALLY LIE ON MY SIDE. WAS NOT ALOUD TO EAT ANYTHING I WANTED, DUE TO THEY THOUGHT I MAY HAVE AN UPSET STOMACH.
OH WELL TIME WILL TELL.
EVERYONE IN HOUSE WAITS ON ME AND I LIKE THAT, LOL.

JAMES
GOOD JOKES.
BOND
KILL SNAKE!!!!!!
SHAWN
GOOD LUCK HUNTING
HEATHER
STEELERS LOOKED AWFULL.
CORKY
GET THOSE BLACK DOGS IN WOODS.
MIKE
HOW'S PUPS.
KELLY
WHERE U AT?

PRAYERS TO ALL.
HAVE A GOOD ONE.

Old Post 08-20-2013 05:04 PM
Shaw72
UKC Forum Member

Rob glad surgery went well. Now it's rest and relaxing for a few days. Were still praying for a speedy recovery.

Corky this cooler weather has had me out more than I normally hunt this time of year. Myself, yrp hunter and a good friend of mine went out last night. He's all bear hunter but wanted to go last night so I loaded the two old hounds to hunted some flat land. Now that was a treat. Corn fields and the river, easy walking. They smoked one over 700 yards. Didn't thank we find it but we did. I'm going saturday to meet the land owners to get permission to hunt the farms. Cant wait.

Bond you can have them things. I'll take rattlers any day.

Prayers for all.

Males
Females

Old Post 08-20-2013 08:03 PM
Slough
UKC Forum Member

DEFINITION OF ACCELERATION

One top fuel dragster 500 cubic inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first 4 rows of stock cars at the Daytona 500.

It takes just 15/100ths of a second for all 6,000+ horsepower of an NHRA Top Fuel dragster engine to reach the rear wheels.

Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1-1/2 gallons of nitro methane per second; a fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.

A stock Dodge Hemi V8 engine cannot produce enough power to drive the dragster's supercharger.

With 3,000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition.

Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

At the stoichiometric (stoichiometry: methodology and technology by which quantities of reactants and products in chemical reactions are determined) 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture of nitro methane, the flame front temperature measures 7,050 deg F.

Nitro methane burns yellow... The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After halfway, the engine is dieseling from compression, plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1,400 deg F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in the affected cylinders and then explodes with sufficient force to blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or split the block in half.

In order to exceed 300 mph in 4.5 seconds, dragsters must accelerate an average of over 4G's. In order to reach 200 mph (well before half-track), the launch acceleration approaches 8G's.

Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have completed reading this sentence.

Top fuel engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light! Including the burnout, the engine must only survive 900 revolutions under load.

The redline is actually quite high at 9,500 rpm.

Assuming all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs an estimate $1,000.00 per second.

The current top fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.428 seconds for the quarter mile (11/12/06, Tony Schumacher, at Pomona , CA ). The top speed record is 336.15 mph as measured over the last 66' of the run (05/25/05 Tony Schumacher, at Hebron , OH ).

Putting all of this into perspective:

You are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter 'twin-turbo' powered Corvette Z06. Over a mile up the road, a top fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a quarter mile strip as you pass. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the 'Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line and pass the dragster at an honest 200 mph. The 'tree' (dragstrip start line) goes green for both of you at that moment.

The dragster launches and starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums and within 3 seconds, the dragster catches and passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter mile away from where you just passed him.

Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 mph and not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1,320 foot long race course.

...... and that my friend, is ACCELERATION!

Old Post 08-20-2013 08:30 PM
Slough
UKC Forum Member

Glad to hear the good news Rob

Old Post 08-20-2013 08:31 PM
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

THANKS EVERYONE.
TUFF JUST LYING AROUND.
GOOD NEWS IS I CAN EAT ANYTHING I WANT NOW.
LITTLE STIFF WHEN I MOVE. I HATE CRUCHES.

Old Post 08-20-2013 10:32 PM
dan w
UKC Forum Member

Rob glad everything went well, get all the maid service you can cause you will have to pay for it when you get well, and it is well deserved pay. ----- see ya

Old Post 08-20-2013 10:40 PM
dan w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dan w Click here to Send dan w a Private Message Click Here to Email dan w Find more posts by dan w Add dan w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Good Evening!

Hi there folks.
Rob..be good, enjoy the sevice and get well QUICK! Hope it feels more comfortable and stays that way....
Nice night here. Hot day. I think I got a GOOD nap in... I know I DID doze off at least...lol.... Bob got home and we plated some more lil baby shrubs in their temporary home. Bob is SORE.... He had also pulled his back at work... He was pleased to get the baby trees to a safe spot though.
Hope you ALL enjoy these late summer nights and get some good hunts in..and fewer of those snakes...
Talk to y'all later, HappyHunting, Heather

Old Post 08-21-2013 02:07 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Sisley
UKC Forum Member

Hi guys and gals.

Pretty nice day here. Sunny and high 70's.

Shawn - only once I had a problem. Usually the yotes just stay about a hundred yards away and make a bunch of racket. A couple years ago the in the spring the dogs were running a coon up the creek and the yotes had a den in the bank. My guess is there was pups in there cuz the yotes whipped them dogs, cut em up pretty good. I had to get my vet out of bed at midnight. The dogs had to spend a couple days at the animal hospital.

Kelley - welcome back to the thread.

Wendell - sending prayers for Mr. McCombs. Nice pics. Is that snake a copperhead? Did you kill it?

James - as always good jokes.

I had a litter of baby pigs Saturday evening and a litter today while I was at work.

Have a great evening everyone.

Old Post 08-21-2013 02:48 AM
John Sisley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Sisley Click here to Send John Sisley a Private Message Click Here to Email John Sisley Find more posts by John Sisley Add John Sisley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote